Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why sacking Grant will matter little...

2 reasons....

1. the board are still here, still making a fist of it, still ramming "prudence with ambition" down our throats. they are the core of the problem, and must go.

2. What good will a new manager be???? Grants team is not good enough.... Huckerby now looks past it, Cureton isnt getting the service because the rest of the side is inferior... With the transfer Window closed the new manager would have to muddle through for 3 months (we might get the odd loan player in of course but we wont get 11 new loanees), he wont have money to spend... and if we are still in the relegation zone come Janaury then Certain players are going to want away... We all know there is no money, so the board wont make the funds available and the new manager will just end up on a hiding to nothing like Grant...

Should we sack Grant? possibly.. but the poor sod who winds up in the job isnt going to be any better off is he?

We could appoint Jose Mourinho Tommorow but he wont turn Gary Doherty into a Premiership defender, he wont make Chris Brown Score goals, he wont stop Adam Drury from being incompetant.

the truth of the matter is that unless investment comes in then nothing will change...the board will muddle on.. we all know this... they live in a fantasy land where fans are happy and Football is fab! when the truth couldn''t be anyfurther from the truth...

Im past caring now to be totally honest.. the club is dying under Delia and if she were a real fan she would actively be seeking investmentor a buyer.. not sitting there saying "i''ll sell but im not stating a date and i''ll only sell if u dont come any further away then Sprowston"

the club is like a wounded solider.. do u take him off the battle field, patch him up and send him out? or do u leave him to face the bullets and hope they all miss?

Times running out Delia... i dont want us to be playing Yeovil next season.... ACT NOW!

smith out

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the club is like a wounded solider.. do u take him off the battle field, patch him up and send him out? or do u leave him to face the bullets and hope they all miss?

[/quote]

What a fantastic quote Jas[Y]

find it hard to accept that the  20 or so clubs above us ALL have  more investment than we have! might it possibly be because we got the wrong mix, wrong coaching, wrong tactics, wrong motivation, and a dozen or more other things that sets teams apart?  

When it comes to Delia, people have got to start taking the green and yellow tinted glasses off. Along with her hubby they''ve got away with unquestioned loyalty from a lot of us over the years. But I think we have to now ask ourselves if they are doing more harm than good.

[quote user="hogesar"]100% Agreed. EXACTLY sums up my thoughts. =][/quote]

I totally disagree, a new manager might send out a team with an idea of what they should be doing, and play players in their correct positions.  I have no clue what on earth the appalling Peter Grant is doing.  We need a change now before we get relegated.

It is obvious some in the squad are already unhappy with Grant, Hucks was critisised almost immediatly after Grant arrived, Cureton hasnt scored since Grant whinging and moaning at him when he did net. The guy is an idiot and needs ousting immediatly.

Sack Peter Grant.

These are not bad players - we are using  them wrong;   having said that reports that the muppet video was discussed at FRidays board meeting dont suggest the right level of focus on the playing staff by the board.

The problems are all pitch side;  funds have been given,  talented youngster and proven oldies found but the manager cant make it work and is making it worse week on week.    

Spot on Jas.

I do honestly believe there are people out there who would invest/buy NCFC - if only the self righteous Delia Smith stops her insistence around the "right sort of person". Too be honest i''d take any one over her and her cronies at the moment. It is being proven once an for all that her beliefs on how a football club should be run don''t work.

Don''t get me wrong in an ideal world I would agree with her moralistic stance on "community" and making football available to all. But that is NOT the world of modern football. We either have to move with it or be drowned. Unfortunately with Smith at the helm we will drown.

Some on here may be happy watching Norwich in the 3rd Division as long the club is run the way it is - but sorry i''m not one of them. If i''m going to have to pay £400 odd quid for a season ticket I want to watch my team playing good football and being competitive.

Doncaster says the fans deserve better .... you are damn right and turn the light out and shut the door behind you Neil. 

i think grant should go now or not till the end of the season, the team can play well, but grant is not a manager, he isnt even a coach he should be nothing really, he cant get the top scorer last season goals, he cant get hux playing well and whoevery else, i would think it is partley the players, but they play how grant tells them to end of

Spot on Darlo

when will people realise that actually our squad is more expensive than alot of teams, and that this summer we spent more than alot of teams and that our wage bill is still probably one of the highest in the division!

I totally disagree.  The players are better than the position we are in and the usual idiots calling them monkeys etc are spreading false propaganda.  Our squad is capable of top 6.  But it needs to be well led and using clear and consistent tactics.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

2 reasons....

1. the board are still here, still making a fist of it, still ramming "prudence with ambition" down our throats. they are the core of the problem, and must go.

2. What good will a new manager be???? Grants team is not good enough.... Huckerby now looks past it, Cureton isnt getting the service because the rest of the side is inferior... With the transfer Window closed the new manager would have to muddle through for 3 months (we might get the odd loan player in of course but we wont get 11 new loanees), he wont have money to spend... and if we are still in the relegation zone come Janaury then Certain players are going to want away... We all know there is no money, so the board wont make the funds available and the new manager will just end up on a hiding to nothing like Grant...

Should we sack Grant? possibly.. but the poor sod who winds up in the job isnt going to be any better off is he?

We could appoint Jose Mourinho Tommorow but he wont turn Gary Doherty into a Premiership defender, he wont make Chris Brown Score goals, he wont stop Adam Drury from being incompetant.

the truth of the matter is that unless investment comes in then nothing will change...the board will muddle on.. we all know this... they live in a fantasy land where fans are happy and Football is fab! when the truth couldn''t be anyfurther from the truth...

Im past caring now to be totally honest.. the club is dying under Delia and if she were a real fan she would actively be seeking investmentor a buyer.. not sitting there saying "i''ll sell but im not stating a date and i''ll only sell if u dont come any further away then Sprowston"

Times running out Delia... i dont want us to be playing Yeovil next season.... ACT NOW!

smith out

jas :)

[/quote]

Thats a statement of fact. Sacking Worthington and replacing with Grant has been an unmitigated disaster. Could anyone seriously trust these incompetents to come up with a proper manager this time?  

You''re right again jas....but even faced with this reality there are those who still claim we are still capable of a "top six" finish......

With opinions like this and those of CA still being expressed....I fear there is no point nor warrant for protesting. I fear a whole culture change is required...not just a new manager and Board. This however takes time and may have to involve a relegation to weedle them out.