Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

does granty want the sack???

i mean, playing a diamond in midfield with brown at the tip???  chris martin at least looks the part with the ball at his feet.   playing lappin in the middle again??? - clearly a simon charlton deja vu nightmare.  allowing hucks to wander from wing to wing??? - he''s effective on the left - merely average on the right.  after running man city close 4-4-2, starting with a wierd and obviously ineffective formation, that the players took 10 mins to know their positions, and never looked comfortable with.  starting with spillane and rossi and instead of giving them support via a familiar 4-4-2, using the diamond???  no wonder it went tits up!!!what was granty thinking of??? does he want the sack??? or need a common sense injection???

What game were you watching?  What diamond formation??  It was a 4-3-3 with Huckerby and Brown swapping right and left of Cureton to give a supposed width and 4-5-1 when defending.  Lappin was left and Jarvis right of Spillane as the central defensive midfielder.

Do try to watch the game a bit more closely.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i mean, playing a diamond in midfield with brown at the tip???  chris martin at least looks the part with the ball at his feet.   playing lappin in the middle again??? - clearly a simon charlton deja vu nightmare.  allowing hucks to wander from wing to wing??? - he''s effective on the left - merely average on the right.  after running man city close 4-4-2, starting with a wierd and obviously ineffective formation, that the players took 10 mins to know their positions, and never looked comfortable with.  starting with spillane and rossi and instead of giving them support via a familiar 4-4-2, using the diamond???  no wonder it went tits up!!!

what was granty thinking of??? does he want the sack??? or need a common sense injection???

[/quote]

sorry jc.but you are wrong,lucky green trainers called it spot on.brown was behind curo/hucks lappin was centre,and we where crap!

[quote user="JC"]

What game were you watching?  What diamond formation??  It was a 4-3-3 with Huckerby and Brown swapping right and left of Cureton to give a supposed width and 4-5-1 when defending.  Lappin was left and Jarvis right of Spillane as the central defensive midfielder.

Do try to watch the game a bit more closely.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i mean, playing a diamond in midfield with brown at the tip???  chris martin at least looks the part with the ball at his feet.   playing lappin in the middle again??? - clearly a simon charlton deja vu nightmare.  allowing hucks to wander from wing to wing??? - he''s effective on the left - merely average on the right.  after running man city close 4-4-2, starting with a wierd and obviously ineffective formation, that the players took 10 mins to know their positions, and never looked comfortable with.  starting with spillane and rossi and instead of giving them support via a familiar 4-4-2, using the diamond???  no wonder it went tits up!!!what was granty thinking of??? does he want the sack??? or need a common sense injection???

[/quote]

[/quote]what the whole match JC???certainly city started 4-3-3?4-5-1 with spillane centre, lappin left centre, jarvis right centre, and hucks left, cureton centre and brown right - but i thought brown went deeper midway 1st half, with hucks movin right of cureton up front.  i sit in the lower barclay, and so can''t always get a good perspective, but certainly, it looked diamond at some point.  but my point still holds water, whether 4-3-3 or diamond - were these the best formation for an under pressure manager to deploy, rather than a 4-4-2 which players are always comfortable with??? especially when you''re playing 2 teenagers in the middle from the start, infront of a huge crowd - live on sky.  just think about it for a minute!?!  i wanted granty to do the biz at city, but in truth he looks to be the architect of his own downfall aided and abetted by a shamefully unambitious lacklustre and mean board.

I just don''t get it .Why on earth would he want brown playing deep.He''s a joke his tactics are a joke and the way we are going we are a joke.Diamond,433,42211,352 it dosn''t matter grant has lost the players and alot of the fans.We are in free fall and anyone who thinks otherwise are blind