Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Why the blame has to be on grant!

Some people are blaming the board for our current situation, but the blame has to be on peter grant. Yes we are on a limited budget, but many teams have less money than us,   and are on a tighter budget. The manager is the one who picks which players to buy, who can leave, which formations and tactics to use. Success on the pitch brings in money and if the board don''t act now we are going to find ourselves in financial ruin! Just think of how many teams that get half the gates we do, they don''t spend millions on players and they seem to be doing ok. I bet if we had a experienced manager in charge, even with the present players here you would see us rise up the table, but they must act now before its to late.

[quote user="topoftheleague"]Some people are blaming the board for our current situation, but the blame has to be on peter grant. Yes we are on a limited budget, but many teams have less money than us,   and are on a tighter budget. The manager is the one who picks which players to buy, who can leave, which formations and tactics to use. Success on the pitch brings in money and if the board don''t act now we are going to find ourselves in financial ruin! Just think of how many teams that get half the gates we do, they don''t spend millions on players and they seem to be doing ok. I bet if we had a experienced manager in charge, even with the present players here you would see us rise up the table, but they must act now before its to late.[/quote]

Miles out mate....

Smith and Co. head hunted this loser...yet another clown to follow those who preceded him. Never before has this club hired such a string of failures....so the blame lays firmly at the door of the Board...including Dave Stringer who I fear should have been wiser. However....Dave being the typical Mr. NiceGuy and latter day "yes man"...I doubt he really had any say on the matter....and typically said "yes" at the appropriate time.

Also...I doubt if Grant was lead to believe there would be any serious money available and fully knew the score when he put crayon to paper. This shows that he was simply desperate to find a job before West Ham sacked him.....and that he might be able to practice on us before moving on elsewhere....success allowing.

No excuses for any of them. Grant is a loser along with the Board who hired him....and they should simply disappear.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="topoftheleague"]Some people are blaming the board for our current situation, but the blame has to be on peter grant. Yes we are on a limited budget, but many teams have less money than us,   and are on a tighter budget. The manager is the one who picks which players to buy, who can leave, which formations and tactics to use. Success on the pitch brings in money and if the board don''t act now we are going to find ourselves in financial ruin! Just think of how many teams that get half the gates we do, they don''t spend millions on players and they seem to be doing ok. I bet if we had a experienced manager in charge, even with the present players here you would see us rise up the table, but they must act now before its to late.[/quote]

Miles out mate....

Smith and Co. head hunted this loser...yet another clown to follow those who preceded him. Never before has this club hired such a string of failures....so the blame lays firmly at the door of the Board...including Dave Stringer who I fear should have been wiser. However....Dave being the typical Mr. NiceGuy and latter day "yes man"...I doubt he really had any say on the matter....and typically said "yes" at the appropriate time.

Also...I doubt if Grant was lead to believe there would be any serious money available and fully knew the score when he put crayon to paper. This shows that he was simply desperate to find a job before West Ham sacked him.....and that he might be able to practice on us before moving on elsewhere....success allowing.

No excuses for any of them. Grant is a loser along with the Board who hired him....and they should simply disappear.

[/quote]

Spot On Cluck....  [Y]

Have just resurrected an old post to show the stick that you and I plus several others were getting when we suggested this upon Grants arrival at the club as manager about a year ago.