Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Adam "the statue" drury

time and time again this muppett has proven himself to be League 2 quality and tonight took the biscuit for me!!!

he WATCHED the man he was supposed to be marking ghost past him, get the ball, cross it and Sheff wed then scored...

They attacked down his side most of the game, and its got nothing to do with Hucks not tracking back.. that is and always has been a poor excuse...

Drury is light weight and the weakest link and teams in our division know this, hence they exploit it...

For a professional footballer to effectively "go to sleep" during a game is Pathetic! he knows what his role is and he knows who he should be picking up! we have persevered with this joker for almost 3 years now despite his performances declinging week by week. Its players like him that need replacing, Adams time came a long time ago and i for 1 would look to offload him in January...

Barry Fry can say "he;s the best left back outside the prem" if he likes.. we all take Fry seriously dont we?

jas :)

I don''t know which Adam Drury you''ve been watching but match after match I see him make good tackles and he is one of the few players on our team who actually go in 100% on tackles.Saying he is the weakest link in our team when we have players like Brown and Brellier gives you about as much knowledge about the game as Peter Grant...

You cant blame it on Drury, this season he hasnt been at his best, but to be honest i thought that today he was one of the best of a bad bunch. Drury was left high and dry by basically having no defensive support, and i''d look to blame the right side of our defence for gifting the wednesday left winger the freedom of carrow road in the penalty box.

A statue has a purpose.....and no, he obviously wasnt, not when there were people like gareth bale and even players like robinson (WBA) being better, drury plays well when eveybody else does, but always has been in my eyes......useless

the whole defence was static for their goal jas - we seemed like bunny''s in headlights - and tamely surrendered.  sheffield were allowed to simply pass the ball around us, without fear of a challenge - it was classic defending from a team either lacking in confidence in themselves, the manager, or both of these.  it was scary ''relegation'' defending. be afraid - be very afraid!!!

Drury is too often left out to dry against talented wingers in this divison. Please give him a break, he has been a loyal, talented and ever-present servant of this club.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Harsh, very harsh, I thought Drury, Spillane and Rossi J were the only players to come out of the game with any credit.[/quote]

I''d add to that list Doherty (surprisingly!)

Spillane has got to be one of the first names on the team sheet on that sort of performance (excepting his yellow card stupidity)...

-was really impressed with how well he used the ball.(..on the deck!!!...)composed, switching play & breaking

He''s just what our midfield has been lacking in fact.

Many of the senior players need to be looking at their individual performances,

well ok I''m thinking Hucks.

He was shocking in act & application...I was amazed he stayed on the field as it was like looking at his mate Dickson. (& I never thought I''d say it but maybe he needs dropping to the bench to be used as some sort of impact sub if his regular displays are going to be this bad.)

No excuses, he is a well paid senior pro and should be leading by example.

Thought (unfashionably) that  Brown did ok , but Curo was a passenger.

We really needed a bit of steel in midfield when Spillane tired; not just Croft but Rusty too.

If only someone could sub the support -which was predictably bloody poisonous and just plain bad.

''STAND UP IF THE FOOTBALL''S CRAP !''

''WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH !''

Christ Almighty

-we really do only sing when we''re losing

I would lay at least part of the blame at sapping the initial , fragile confidence that the team displayed squarely at the silent ''fans'' door 

I bet they prefer away fixtures these days.

GOOD LUCK AT ATTRACTING ANY GOOD PLAYERS, INVESTMENT, ETC

or ANYBODY.

WE DON''T DESERVE IT. Every bit as bad as the team.

WORSE..

Jase, your one man crusade against Drury is gettin a bit boring now. He was one of a few players to come out of todays game with any credit.

Im not his biggest fan but i thought along Murray,Spillane,Jarvis and The Doc he did ok today.

If we''re talking about the left side....how bad was Hucks today! bloody dreadful.......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Harsh, very harsh, I thought Drury, Spillane and Rossi J were the only players to come out of the game with any credit.[/quote]

Absolutely agree, I think from the TV set I saw, only these 3 players go to ground to make sliding tackles and blocks, did Otsemobor does? NO! Bring on Andrew Cave-Brown!!!

Obviously you had your anti Doc glasses on SOB.

I agree that Spillane put in a decent shift but only Doc and Murray played anything like an adequate game.

I know it''s fashionable to critisize Doc at the moment but the centre of defence was o.k. last night. It was at fullback where we looked vulnerable.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

time and time again this muppett has proven himself to be League 2 quality and tonight took the biscuit for me!!!

he WATCHED the man he was supposed to be marking ghost past him, get the ball, cross it and Sheff wed then scored...

They attacked down his side most of the game, and its got nothing to do with Hucks not tracking back.. that is and always has been a poor excuse...

Drury is light weight and the weakest link and teams in our division know this, hence they exploit it...

For a professional footballer to effectively "go to sleep" during a game is Pathetic! he knows what his role is and he knows who he should be picking up! we have persevered with this joker for almost 3 years now despite his performances declinging week by week. Its players like him that need replacing, Adams time came a long time ago and i for 1 would look to offload him in January...

Barry Fry can say "he;s the best left back outside the prem" if he likes.. we all take Fry seriously dont we?

[/quote]Didn''t think the defence played badly,sheff wed were hardly peppering our goal with shots were they.Problem for me is the fact we are carring a certian player who will never score a goal.Its almost comical that people can still find positives about a certain striker who is not ever going to score.Goals i repeat goals are what wins games.the defence done enough today to get somthing out of the game the problem is further up the field.Grants tactics are rubbish his choice of players is rubbish and he is rubbish.Grant must go and i don''t care who comes in cos they can''t do no worse than him

Completely wrong.  You seem to be having a bad night on these boards tonight as your usual sensible posts seem to be miles away.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I totally agree with you there jas ! My problem with drury is that all he ever does is run backwards, you never see him going to the ball when being attacked by the opposition, all he does is back off and back off ! I know he isn''t exactly helped by the lack of support given to him by Hucks but im pretty sure Huckerby has been like this since he has been here, so it isnt a new problem !

Drury is one of the few players yesterday who put his foot in for the tackle, at least he gives his all to the team, defending side he was 10 times better than Otsemobor.

I thought Rossi Jarvis had a poor game. Was way off the pace and struggled to make any impact. When he did get the ball he could only use it sideways or backwards. Apart from one hopeless attempt at a ball over the top and one decent bit of link up play with Semmy at the end.

With Spillane providing the graft you really need a better player than Rossi to apply the craft.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Problem for me is the fact we are carring a certian player who will never score a goal.Its almost comical that people can still find positives about a certain striker who is not ever going to score.Goals i repeat goals are what wins games.the defence done enough today to get somthing out of the game the problem is further up the field.[/quote]The problem was that we were carrying 3 strikers who will never score another goal if they continue like that.Depressingly:1) you were refering to Brown.2) he looked (on sky) atleast as likely to score as the other two.drop the lot of them. - we need to try Strihavka and Martin next match.

The Drury debate is an interesting one and I genuinely think your view on him varies depending on where you sit in the ground. As a Barclay Block D regular I have to say he constantly alarms me because he gives the right winger 15 yards of space in which to receive the ball and has been doing so for the last 3 or 4 seasons. if we had decent coaches they would have picked up on this but as we haven''t it has not been addressed. He does make a number of good tackles but they are usually recovery tackles because he has given his man too much space in the first place.

The defending for their goal on saturday was a joke all round!