17 Marc Edworthy
18 Paul McVeigh
19 Mathias Svensson
20 Damien Francis
22 Ian Henderson
23 Ryan Jarvis
24 Jason Shackell
25 Zema Abbey

I see there is no number for our new boy from coventry.

I know it''s only a small thing but I''m surprised to see that Edworthy hasn''t taken the number 2 shirt. And number 9 has either been reserved for our mystery striker or forever given up for Iwan!

The best thing about the squad numbers is that nobody (Zema apart) has had their number changed. This is really good of the club, as a huge swapping of numbers could be perceived as a money-grabbing exercise by the club.

This way anyone with a name and number on their shirt will not feel out of date (even though the lettering style may be). I applaud the club for this, it''s a really good way of going about things.

OTBC

let''s hope so ayrton, i have to admit i do feel sorry for zema, although never one of his biggest fans, it must really hit home now that he will probably never play for us again

surprised to see mark rivers so high up the pecking order

Mark Rivers should be give chance to test Ashley Cole on right wing position....

XXL, Greeno kept his number 1 shirt too. Lets hope it stays that way for a while yet.

In the same vein though... no Number 28 shirt for Joe Lewis this time round? Can anyone explain why he''s lost this? Or hasn''t he? Or is it do do with him joining the Academy? Or is it do do with him being wanted by Adrian Boothroyd at West Brom??? (Just thought I''d throw that one in!!)

I think Joe Lewis only got a shirt number last season once the admiral was injured. This season I suspect he will only get a squad number if Greeno or Gallagher suffer the same fate. As he has just turned 16 and only just joined the academy I wouldnt read too much into it.

OTBC