Sign in to follow this  
All dots

To win or not to win against the Owls.................

.............. that is the question. Would winning tomorrow night be in the best interests of the club or in fact would losing and losing bad be a much better option for Norwich ? Before, I get slated by the usual suspects i.e. "go away", "tripe", "binner alert" and so on ........... of course, I want Norwich to win every single match, it goes without saying, but part of me wonders that if we lose the match with a similar display to last Saturday''s perhaps it might provoke change and you know know what Emile Zola said ? No ? He said "all change is good" and given that things are so bad at Norwich right now then any change now would surely be good.

I now want McGrunt out so much it hurts Old Salt.

But.........

Not at the expense of City losing, I cannot, hand on heart, wish for that.

I can see your logic if we did lose though, and maybe it might help to get rid of Grant a bit quicker, but I can''t wish for it, I just can''t. In the past I have as a spoof, posted threads saying the same, but everyone understood it was only a joke.

But I fear he doesn''t need my wishes to mess things up, alas, he''s doing quite okay by himself!.[:(]

It depends whether you think that the failures over the past few weeks are something "permanent", or whether you think that if we get back to a full squad and with future injuries fewer, and then build the squad with further additions we could be challenging for promotion and thus attract good players.Further failure could promote change in Board or management, but this doesn''t guarantee success and certainly not immediately. With us low in the league are clubs such as Crystal Palace and Southampton. If you supported them would you see losing their next game(s) as a sign of hope, change and progress?

Yep, I feel exactly the same but my worry is the same protracted situation that we had with Worthy. But truth is I would love it if we shredded Wedesnday tomorrow good and proper (!) but I know that it''s more likely going to be my nerves that are shredded. God, it would be so nice to go three up and cruising before half time so I could relax but my predictions SW going ahead 1-0 after 16 minutes and a struggle after that ! Anway, my son Young Salt and I have booked beers and curry and my wife Salt Lick knows from long experience not to come in during the game and ask "how''s it going" because in the past whenever she''s done that the other side has scored. In fact she was almost banned from England matches until the tide was turned against Israel and Russia.

Y''know, I''m not really bothered what the result will be.......because it will be - what we actually deserve. No blaming the ref and his assistants, state of the pitch, injuries or suspensions, lack of atmosphere or the prudent board etc.[:|]

I''ll still shout encouragement, and quietly mutter and moan and groan when they are poor.

I''ll be the only one awake in the City Stand! If you see a ''young forty-ish'' handsome bloke without a flat-cap, snug blanket, runny nose or clutching a packet of cough sweets......Give us a wave![Y]

[quote]I''ll be the only one awake in the City Stand! If you see a ''young forty-ish'' handsome bloke without a flat-cap, snug blanket, runny nose or clutching a packet of cough sweets......Give us a wave![/quote]That''ll be you in the shell-suit and medallion then ?  Niiiiiiice. [;)]I just hope it''s not another embarassment.  Provided the performance is good, we actually try to win the game, keep possession, and don''t just end up playing head tennis with no shots on goal, it''ll be an improvement on last seasons'' TV efforts.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Y''know, I''m not really bothered what the result will be.......because it will be - what we actually deserve. No blaming the ref and his assistants, state of the pitch, injuries or suspensions, lack of atmosphere or the prudent board etc.[:|]

I''ll still shout encouragement, and quietly mutter and moan and groan when they are poor.

I''ll be the only one awake in the City Stand! If you see a ''young forty-ish'' handsome bloke without a flat-cap, snug blanket, runny nose or clutching a packet of cough sweets......Give us a wave![Y]

[/quote]

You only get better Mello, with your posts =] *laughs* [:D]

The results will tell the truth to everyone if you see what I mean. To many people spend their entire time hanging on to false dawns. We get a win against a poor Palace side or we avoid a drubbing at Man City and we''re ok again. Well till next time. I want City to win tomorrow, I''m a Norwich fan. And maybe we will and maybe we won''t, they are not exactly world beaters are they. But We will have many a tougher game at home before too long and we have to play away from home every other week. So I don''t think we need to sit here wishing our beloved team will lose tomorrow to show up how bad we and thing are. We just have to wait!

OTBC.

How any Norwich fan could want our team to lose tomorrow is beyond me. [:$]

[quote user="cityangel"]How any Norwich fan could want our team to lose tomorrow is beyond me. [:$][/quote]

No fan on here has said that they want Norwich to lose tomorrow though CA .

Hang on - wasn''t Emile Zola that bloke that used to play for Chelsea ?  Scored that really good goal from a corner against in the FA Cup ?  Maybe he''s got a point - he understands football.

[quote user="Old Salt"]

[quote user="cityangel"]How any Norwich fan could want our team to lose tomorrow is beyond me. [:$][/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe not but you''re suggesting that it might be an option by starting the thread.

Besides we know theres a few on here who celebrate when we lose.

[quote user="Old Salt"].............. that is the question. Would winning tomorrow night be in the best interests of the club or in fact would losing and losing bad be a much better option for Norwich ? Before, I get slated by the usual suspects i.e. "go away", "tripe", "binner alert" and so on ........... of course, I want Norwich to win every single match, it goes without saying, but part of me wonders that if we lose the match with a similar display to last Saturday''s perhaps it might provoke change and you know know what Emile Zola said ? No ? He said "all change is good" and given that things are so bad at Norwich right now then any change now would surely be good.[/quote]

Tell me Baron Salt.....

What is Old Bludgeon''s opinion on this? [:|]

I want a win,who really wouldn''t.The thing is i want us to start playing good football,under grant so far this season we have only played rubbish football.The fact is grants not up to the job and the board lacks ambition.To prolong the agony of watching grants rubbish football is a nightmare but i still want us to win

How could you possibly say that Grant isn''t up to the job? Ok - he didn''t apply for it unlike a hundred other people who did, including some very acceptable names. But the Smiths, Doomcaster and well-respected Norwich icon Dave Stringer said no to all those - they knew the best man for the job was Peter Grant. And they all know the time of day.  

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

Maybe not but you''re suggesting that it might be an option by starting the thread.

[/quote]

Now you''re being silly.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hang on - wasn''t Emile Zola that bloke that used to play for Chelsea ?  Scored that really good goal from a corner against in the FA Cup ?  Maybe he''s got a point - he understands football.
[/quote]

Who else did you think I meant ?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t hold the monopoly on the "right" way to show support for the club you know....in fact you and "others" may well be perpetuating the problem by not facing up it things. It''s a lot less painful if you take off the blinkers and let the light come shining in.......

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t hold the monopoly on the "right" way to show support for the club you know....in fact you and "others" may well be perpetuating the problem by not facing up it things. It''s a lot less painful if you take off the blinkers and let the light come shining in.......

[/quote]

May be perpetuating the problem?

Shouldn''t you be telling them that they are definetly perpetuating the problem Cluck???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be telling them that they are definetly perpetuating the problem Cluck???

[/quote]

I was being gentle as she is only a girl.........

Mind you....the mods removed my first paragraph!    [;)]   

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was being gentle as she is only a girl.........

Mind you....the mods removed my first paragraph!    [;)]   

[/quote]

SNAP... at least part of your post made it past the eagle eye!!!  [;)]

I only said something like hoot, hoot... I hope we get spanked 5-0 tomorrow and that the unhappy mass storm the moat at Carra Castle and boil the witch in a big pot with a coupple of leeks!!!

Blimey you just can''t have any fun anymore can you???

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hang on - wasn''t Emile Zola that bloke that used to play for Chelsea ?  Scored that really good goal from a corner against in the FA Cup ?  Maybe he''s got a point - he understands football.
[/quote]

No, that was his brother, Gorgon.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Old Salt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol! Smudge is so chuffed that his hero has shown him how to spell a word that is longer than marmalade that he has designed a post around getting it in twice in one and a half sentences. LMAO!!!!!! [:D][:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

I only said something like hoot, hoot... I hope we get spanked 5-0 tomorrow

[/quote]

Well you and Arthur are going to look pretty silly in his local cheering when the opposition score arent you?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

I only said something like hoot, hoot... I hope we get spanked 5-0 tomorrow

[/quote]

Well you and Arthur are going to look pretty silly in his local cheering when the opposition score arent you?

[/quote]

Yep carry on CA you really are a gem.......May i ask how long you have followed city? I get the impression you came into the sport late in life? Maybe your hubby got you into it because you sure as hell have a very limited knowledge of the game and what to expect from a team of no hopers run by a useless bunch of cooks!