Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Realistically...

...where do we go from here? we have currently IMO...1) A team that possibly could be good, but currently can only seem to scrape medioca performances at best2) We have no funds, assets (players or land) to possibly fund loanees, transfers3) A inexperienced manager, who is in my opinion, is clueless4) A board who have turned us into the laughing stock of East Anglia and further promoted that we are nothing more than little NorwichWhen I look back over the last 4 years I see a club that had a great opportunity to either cement it''s place in the premiership or at least be a team consistantly pushing for promotion. Instead we have a club struggling to stay in the championship. So where do we go from here, I''m really interested to hear people''s opinions on the future of NCFC and what realistic changes can happen. Let''s be honest we are up a creek without a paddle and something will have to change for things to get better.

What will happen ?  Either Grant will learn from his mistakes, save his job, buy himself enough time to complete team-building, and get us into mid-table for the next few seasons with the occasional flirtation with the play-offs, or ( more likely in my opinion ) we''ll end up going in  one-season - 18 month cycles of new managers coming in, buying / selling and failing, staying in a low-mid table position with occasional flirtation with relegation.  Why ?  Partly because 1 season - 18 month management cycles occur at most clubs in the Championship, and mainly because the plc can''t yet raise enough cash-flow to enable the managers to buy the players they want.  Hence Worthington and Drurys'' complaints aired to Sky Sports, and Grants'' "I can get better players in if I had the cash" line. And with ever increasing TV money for the Premiership, and ever-increasing money for parachute payments for relegated teams ( 50% increase in the newest TV deal, there''s a new TV deal every 3 years or so ) will the plc and their business ventures ever be able to provide the cash-flow to allow the team to keep up ?  I doubt it.  That doesn''t mean that they shouldn''t try though.It''s getting to the point now where the only way you can get into the Premiership is to buy your way in.  NCFC doesn''t have the cash, or the willingness to do that.  Things can get better, but without substantial money spent on players, not much better.  The point should also be made that even with substantial money spent on players, there is no guarantee that we will get to the Premiership, there''s just more chance of it.

Realistically, with the current board in place things can only get worse.  

I''m not looking for a megamillionaire to take us over, just someone whose primary focus is on football.  You can achieve plenty with limited resources if everyone is pulling in the same direction, as Colchester, Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Bristol City have shown.  But why would a new owner want to be saddled with this board''s humungous debts?