Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Lay off DELIA!!!!!

Delia and MWJ saved this club and I''m getting more than a little bit tired of people constantly berating them at every turn.  Yes we''ve had a dire start to the season, yes no-one should be happy about that but honestly trying to force them out - you''re clueless guys.

It''s the current and crippling financial climate within todays not so beautiful game that has done for our clubs immediate fortunes and not Delia et al.  You guys want to get real and stop looking for a scapegoat to make everything alright again (which it won''t).  Just get behind the team, stop creating an atmosphere of tension and distrust and lets get this great club back to where it rightfully belongs.

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]

Delia and MWJ saved this club and I''m getting more than a little bit tired of people constantly berating them at every turn.  Yes we''ve had a dire start to the season, yes no-one should be happy about that but honestly trying to force them out - you''re clueless guys.

It''s the current and crippling financial climate within todays not so beautiful game that has done for our clubs immediate fortunes and not Delia et al.  You guys want to get real and stop looking for a scapegoat to make everything alright again (which it won''t).  Just get behind the team, stop creating an atmosphere of tension and distrust and lets get this great club back to where it rightfully belongs.

[/quote]

Silly Billy. Go and stand in the corner........

yawn.

She lost any respct from true fans with her drunken rant at the Man City game. Prudence without ambition has been this clubs downfall, and she together with the rest of the board ARE accountable for that, not the fans who continue to turn out in incredible numbers despite the dross we have been served up over a number of years.

I am heartily sick of our club being referred to as "Delia Smiths Norwich City" by the media. She has had an ernomous amount of publicity and advertising out of our club, maybe a massive return on her investment in "saving Norwich City".

Geza, i feel that you are as clueless as the rest of us.

exactly where do we belong? On the current form and table, i would say bottom half of the championship with no early sign of that improving with the current board, management and players.

Nice hotel, restaurant and conference facilities though.

[/quote]

Once upon a time I would have sided with you on this.  But I am watching my club go down the toilet mate and I have had enough.  THe buck has to stop somewhere.

And where does the club rightfully belong? In the Prem?

It''s people like you that stop city from moving forward!

[/quote]

Hello Mr Prudance, todays crippling financial climate.... is that affecting all clubs then, or just ones that either refuse outside investment or can''t get it?

She certainly fell down in my estimation after the Man City ''charade''.

She was as quiet as a mouse up to then, and has been again since then, apart from her equally embarassing "...never never never..." comment about non-Norfolk investment.

Does that mean that, if a long time Norwich fan who lived in, for arguments sake, and had a large and successful business in Cambridge, would be turned away?

The "wealthy" of Norfolk continue to be un-interested in the football club-Bernard Matthews when asked, intimated that the club weren''t big or high profile enough for him-and has never shown a sign of getting involved, so much for his "Norfolk" credentials. Then again, thats up to him-but it does show how blinkered Delia is, she and her "no-one from out of Norfolk" mantra when SHE WAS BORN IN SURREY!!!!

There is no doubt that she and MWJ have done a lot for the club. However, they need to learn about when and how to move on, pass on the baton. I think thats what irritates most people, not that they are here, but that they are not doing enough to help the club reach the next level, QED, they are happy where we are.

[/quote]

Go back to Wallyville, Delia could not organise an orgy in a brothel, she should just GO.

[/quote]

''I''m not worthy. ''Peace in our time'' etc etc.

I''ll try and put this politely Geeza, but its fans like you that will finish this club, just as sure as the potty and clueless cook will, wake up and smell the coffee matey..........savvy?.

Delia and MWJ saved this club

[/quote]

no they didnt.. Geoffrey Watling did....

jas :)

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

She certainly fell down in my estimation after the Man City ''charade''.

She was as quiet as a mouse up to then, and has been again since then, apart from her equally embarassing "...never never never..." comment about non-Norfolk investment.

Does that mean that, if a long time Norwich fan who lived in, for arguments sake, and had a large and successful business in Cambridge, would be turned away?

The "wealthy" of Norfolk continue to be un-interested in the football club-Bernard Matthews when asked, intimated that the club weren''t big or high profile enough for him-and has never shown a sign of getting involved, so much for his "Norfolk" credentials. Then again, thats up to him-but it does show how blinkered Delia is, she and her "no-one from out of Norfolk" mantra when SHE WAS BORN IN SURREY!!!!

There is no doubt that she and MWJ have done a lot for the club. However, they need to learn about when and how to move on, pass on the baton. I think thats what irritates most people, not that they are here, but that they are not doing enough to help the club reach the next level, QED, they are happy where we are.

[/quote] The Norfolk thing means nothing. I wasn''t born in Norfolk, neither was my late father (who took me to Carrow Road and got me involved!), nor where either of my kids, both supporters from a young age. I know a few people born in this wonderful city who will say "Support Norwich City - what for - they are s****!! Then they go on to say Man U are their team. So being native to Norfolk doesn''t necessarily mean you go on to support your most local team. What Delia meant was she wanted to pass the club on to a person who had its best interests at heart.....forgive me if I seem a bit concerned over that. I think when she took over she did have the best intentions, but has now found the success of the team beyond her. Her managerial staff, ie Doncaster et al can''t see the wood for the tress and think they are running a restaurant chain.....sorry am feeling very cynical today.

Delia and Michael stepped in and bought shares, but as Jas says Mr Watling bailed the club out. I am sure they have had some good input, but now they have passed their sell by date and are rapidly undoing any good work they have done in the past.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

The "wealthy" of Norfolk continue to be un-interested in the football club-Bernard Matthews when asked, intimated that the club weren''t big or high profile enough for him-and has never shown a sign of getting involved, so much for his "Norfolk" credentials.

[/quote]

Maybe Bernard Matthews would be interested now - after all, Delia & Co have turned the club into a proper turkey . . . [<:o)]

No, they both did, so your saying that Delia and MWJ done nothing for the club and that it was all Watling? Grow up people who think Delia and Co have done nothing for this club, I don''t like the position we are in both in the league and finacialy but we would have been worse without Delia.

And by the way, we do not deserve to be in the Prem, we have spent what 2 years there? We deserve to be in the Chumpionship, like or not, thats where we belong.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]

Delia and MWJ saved this club

[/quote]

no they didnt.. Geoffrey Watling did....

[/quote]

Delia and MWJ did help to keep money going into the club for a few years but that money has soon run dry and things have become not so good it would seem.

I was willing to give the board this very last season to try and sort things out. Same for Grant. However this is proving to be a very difficult promise to honour and standby. The results haven''t gone as expected and the transfers, though fairly decent IMO, weren''t entirely fulfilled - we never got Riordan and/or a centre back in which would''ve completed things for me entirely.

It hard for me to say exactly how I feel or stand in this current situation. I''ll be in attendence at the Scunthorpe match tuesday night - a draw or a loss coupled with a bad performance could be enough for me to cut short my pledge to back the board/manager for this one last season.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Yes they did, together with Geoffrey Watling.  But lets not argue this chestnut, again....

[/quote]

Watling could also of sold his shares to Livorno owner Aldo Spinelli, who wanted to buy us at the time (look at livorno''s rise over the past 15 years... i know who id rather have own us.. not a hotel in site either! all money ploughed into the playing staff).. or that dodgy chap who was linked with buying us (didnt he say he could get Mijatovic to play for us.. forget his name). It just so happens that the Smiths offered more money....