Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Doherty

I have heard a rumor that he has put his flat up for sale this i do know, and that he will be off january to luton as his father has somthing to do with the club , if theres any truth in this i dont know its just what i have heard .

[quote user="The Canary"]i actually think hes quite good, whys everyone so critical[/quote]  Doherty and Murray looked quite good against Shef Wed.  Maybe making him captain has something to do with it.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="The Canary"]i actually think hes quite good, whys everyone so critical[/quote]  Doherty and Murray looked quite good against Shef Wed.  Maybe making him captain has something to do with it.[/quote]

I agree Silver Fox, both looked very solid and one should have got Man of the Match. Would have given a boost to their confidence.

They also looked quite good against Man City.Maybe we should stick with that partnership for a while.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="The Canary"]i actually think hes quite good, whys everyone so critical[/quote]  Doherty and Murray looked quite good against Shef Wed.  Maybe making him captain has something to do with it.[/quote]

Given he has been amongst the best 2 performers for each of the last 6 games I guess that means he should be a shoe in for player of the month.  Hmm  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Given he has been amongst the best 2 performers for each of the last 6 games I guess that means he should be a shoe in for player of the month.  Hmm  

[/quote]  Not so sure about player of the month but I have seen an improvement in his performances lately.  It would be too much to ask  to see Grant leave the same centre back pairing for Tuesday, and move Dublin up front in place of Brown.

It''s not so much that the Doc is good, it''s just that the rest are playing so poor. The Doc''s form rarely changes. What you see is er..well, what you get.

Both he and Murray looked solid on Saturday for my money and if these two link together OK that frees Dion up to play up front beside Cureton who looks like he needs a big man beside him.

I have always felt Doc gets a rough ride - sure he makes mistakes but at Championship level he looks OK.  He would be hopeless in the Premiership due to lack of pace but as that looks unlikely to be a problem that will be worrying us any time soon I say lay off him.

[quote user="Dexx"]I have heard a rumor that he has put his flat up for sale this i do know, and that he will be off january to luton as his father has somthing to do with the club , if theres any truth in this i dont know its just what i have heard .[/quote]Fingers crossed cus I think he is useless and always will be

So we are going to carry on a seemingly new trend at the club...

- slate a player constantly

- start booing him on the pitch and/or give him an "amusing" nickname

- realise his efforts on the pitch are actually improving the team

- start saying he is a good player

- watch him leave the club..

- regret and repeat with a new target

Ethuhu, Hughes, Doherty?

... it would be nice to have some consistency in our back four (all 11 for that matter).  The Doc/Murray partnership have been looking good and would be good to keep them together for a while and bring more competition for places when shacks/dion return.

Now we just need to create chances and start scoring again

Yes he has improved but as i have said on a few occasions it is not the back 4 but what is in front of them.Funny how with the changes last tuesday and saturday in midfield especially first half we coped quite well. BUT  lets remember the quality of what we were playing against not to good saturday as well.I think that drury/shacks/doc/ostemboor with a decent 4 in front will cope and play well in most games.Lets see russel/spillane/smith/ and hope hucks playing well will solve the problem.

We have just as big a problem at the front than at the back. We are letting in goals but no to a totally unacceptable level. But just have a look at the goals for column! Terrible. How many games on the trot is it since we last scored a goal (don''t even mention Chris Brown!)

The answer for me is to play Dublin up front with Cureton. They can both score, look to me as if they could play off each other and would''nt it be nice to have someone in there who might score with a header! This is all so simple that it has to be worth a go considering what we have been churning out recently. I can''t remember the combination ever beeing tried (although I might be wrong). Grant amazes me. Often.