Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

who has changed their mind

[quote user="ricky knight"]Just a question for my own interest, those who last week wanted Grant out, has any changed their mind on the back of the Man City performance.[/quote]

I''ve not changed my mind. I can''t see him taking us anywhere. If he does turn it around then I''ll be delighted to be wrong.

Whatever people want to say about the board letting us down and how we can''t blame Grant etc... for me he''s made too many poor decisions when it comes to the football we play.

To answer your question, no I haven''t, I have pretty much been behind him from the start, I know he has had his ''moments'' but we all know that football is a result game but it is also a long term game and like Fergie had at the start, we need to give him time. With regards to the board, I do think it will be come good, the Turners are no fools and I believe that they will take control of the club and put us on an even keel with regards to the debts, as Waghorn said, they maybe having a good look at the club and the accounts. I do hope so and thats not a slight on Delia and Co, I think that they have done a grand job but some new ideas and more importantly money.

i dont care weather grant goes or not really, never had, but i think he should get a new AM who can teach him some tactics because between grant and duffy they can just about get the ta but the rest is missing if you know what  i mean

Man City proved that Grant does have some idea of tactics. He has yet to convince me yet, tommorow is for that. A bad performance and there are no excuses, you should never lose your home matches to an away team that is bottom.

No, not really. If anything it has shifted it a little the other way - i.e. before the game I wasn''t at all convinced that a change of manager would help us in our current situation (I think that the club''s problems are much more complicated than this and that Grant has the potential to be a decent manager given time) but that game made me very frustrated that Spillane etc hadn''t even been getting a sniff until his hand was forced. Makes me wonder about Grant''s decision making and that the team is being selected on reputation over merit which shouldn''t be the way to go.    

I''ve never been against Grant or wanted him out.

My feelings about the board however, are unchanged. In Debt, and might have to sell the already-average players we have.

Personally, i want a change of direction by the whole club, with new investment from the top, and a concentration on building the football team, instead of prioritising other projects. Where Grant fits in I dont know, but since this scenario is unlikely at the moment at least - im hoping Grant has 2 more wins by this time Wednesday morning. But im not convinced.

It''s not Grant who''s the problem, and what Charlie''s Dad says I would agree with. If they sack Grant, who will come in, and if we still hog mid table or below, what then?

Problems are deeply rooted, and the failling manager is a mere symptom of this.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

No way Jose, especially after Grant backing Donkerty again today.

Jeez.[:(]

[/quote]

Blimey, a couple of days go by and Wizard hasn''t changed his mind....

Useless as he is Grant remains merely a smokescreen for everything else that is so bad about NCFC right now.

I''ve watched him bring in yet more donkeys and "waited" for him to build his "own team" as the sheep demanded. Well...he''s got "his team" in now and they are total crap as predicted.

Blame Grant and blame the clowns who employed him in the first place. So no....my opinion has just hardened all the more. It''s time for a new beginning....even if it does have to start in League One.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]It''s not Grant who''s the problem, and what Charlie''s Dad says I would agree with. If they sack Grant, who will come in, and if we still hog mid table or below, what then? Problems are deeply rooted, and the failling manager is a mere symptom of this.[/quote]

I feel we need an experienced manager to see us through, Grant was a cheap option with no pedigree  makes too many rickets and does not inspire me to believe in him. I personally dont think he signings are that good, his contacts seem nil apart from a few scottish teams. After all said and done Worthy got some good players in and most were sold for profit. Yes i know he got some duffers but so has the top guys.

So how are you going to make your voice heard then Cluck, you''re not willing to protest so have you contacted the club with your worries or how about the AGM would be a platform for you??

Or are you just going to sit in your chair and carry on moaning and moaning and moaning?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Wiz hasn''t changed his mind !!  Holy mackerel !!   [:S]

[/quote]

hahaha [:)]

oh I don''t know, half an hour has past

go check the prevailing wind

The jury is still out for me.  Shows glimpses every now and again that he knows what he is doing.  Also shows (a lot!!) of glimpses that he is a clueless idiot.

Must admit that I screamed sack the lot of em on Sunday after the wolves debacle.  I had calmed by tuesday morning and the result against man city returned me to normal.

So jury out on PG.  Jury also out on the board...

[quote user="cityangel"]

So how are you going to make your voice heard then Cluck, you''re not willing to protest so have you contacted the club with your worries or how about the AGM would be a platform for you??

Or are you just going to sit in your chair and carry on moaning and moaning and moaning?

[/quote]

Well said CA, Cluck is supposedly unhappy about the situation (im sure there are others unahppy as well). But he/she isnt prepared to do anything. Sums up the mindset of supporters i guess....

Nothing personal against Granty but I just don''t think he''s going to take us anywhere.

It would be nice to see him succeed because I think he''s a genuine guy but this board is likely to ditch him anyway if things continue downhill.

As Cluck says, the real trouble at the club is at the top.

[quote user="C.T"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Well said CA, Cluck is supposedly unhappy about the situation (im sure there are others unahppy as well). But he/she isnt prepared to do anything. Sums up the mindset of supporters i guess....

[/quote]

To answer both you and CA.....I have already done something by wiithdrawing my financial input. Quiet and non-aggressive action which is the only way to unseat those in control if they are so determined to take the club towards oblivion. If more were to do so the Board would feel the pressure to either invest and speculate or clear off. So as opposed to you and the others who blindly follow the blind.....I''ve already made a move. What exactly have you done?

Sod all as usual other than to try to shift your weakness onto others. It won''t work...because as I''ve said before...this state of affairs lies firmly at the feet of the sheep who have looked the other way while Smith and Co. have hijacked the club......

My conscience is clear...how about yours?

no i back Grant... and will do for the future... his hands are tied...

My opinion of the board has not changed, and this is where we need to clear out and start again.. they are the problem with the football club.

jas :)

[quote user="Sir Daz"]

Mr Cluck

You dont like the board,

you dont like the manager,

you dont like the fans,

you dont like the players,

Which bit of Norwich city do you support?

[/quote]

The bits that existed before Lady Delia rode into town on her Suffolk Punch......

You know....the excitement...the players...the trip to Europe...3rd. place in the Prem...cup finals and semis....the respect of others in football....links with the city rather than catering....proper fans who understood football....singing in the ground....honesty....integrity......

Want any more?  I''ve got plenty left.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Sir Daz"]

Mr Cluck

You dont like the board,

you dont like the fans,

[/quote]

The bits that existed before Lady Delia rode into town on her Suffolk Punch......

You know....the excitement...the players...the trip to Europe...3rd. place in the Prem...cup finals and semis....the respect of others in football....links with the city rather than catering....proper fans who understood football....singing in the ground....honesty....integrity......

[/quote]May i just add the fear others teams used to have when coming to carrow road,the fact you always expected us to win even against the man utds and liverpools,not as it is now when teams come here and wallop us

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Sir Daz"]

Mr Cluck

You dont like the board,

you dont like the fans,

[/quote]

[/quote]

wonderful post and wonderful memories....how sad but thats all they are.