Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

If you want to support the team - STAY AWAY!

The atmosphere at CR is toxic.  If the team had to play in an empty stadium, it couldn''t be worse and might even take a bit of pressure off.  And it would send an unmistakeable message to the board.   

Now''s your chance City fans . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

The atmosphere at CR is toxic.  If the team had to play in an empty stadium, it couldn''t be worse and might even take a bit of pressure off.  And it would send an unmistakeable message to the board.   

[/quote]

Those of us with any sense have been staying away for quite a while now Mystic.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes Smudger I know we have.  We''re on the same side.  I just wish you would refrain from shooting yourself in the foot by being so smug.  Knowing that we''re on the right track gives me no pleasure whatsoever, speaking personally.

3 years ago i paid for a 5 year season ticket.. more fool me perhaps...

but as i have paid my money (and cant afford to flush £30 down the bog) i will be there.. i cant get that money back can i.. and i cant afford to waste the money and then have to justify it...

so i will be there on tuesday and every week.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

but as i have paid my money (and cant afford to flush £30 down the bog) i will be there.. i cant get that money back can i.. and i cant afford to waste the money and then have to justify it...

[/quote]

Far enough, everyone has to decide for themselves.  Point of information though, I think you''ll find you can cancel the remaining seasons - have you asked?

Don''t worry Jas, if this goes on the board will have to go and you (and me) will be there for the rebuilding process. Hang on to that slim piece of hope....

[quote user="pickle"]yeh and you call ureself norwich city fans my a**e[/quote]

and when you get rid of your nappy rash, you will realise this club is going down the tubes.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Can I ask you a question,my friend?  Did you buy a 5-year ticket because Mystic Meg foretold of great things for NCFC in the near future etc etc ..... or was it because you have as much love, affection and eternal optimism for ''your club'' as thousands of others up and down the country.

Don''t forget not everyone uses this forum so only the peeps here will get that message not to go. Even if you spread this to the other forums you''d only get that message across to the few hundred that post regularly. Thats nothing in comparison to 24000.

I''m going because I want to support the team on the pitch. My views on the board and Grant remain in limbo atm whilst I try to decide weather to honour my promise of supporting them this last season or not. Going to a game may help me break that deadlock in my mind and say yay or nay to them.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

Absolutely right Mystic...a quiet, non aggressive act which will only hurt those in financial control.

As for the players?...I repeat that it will only be the "no hopers" who will react negatively. Any decent players will feel the power of the supporters behind them and so will know that they..and their talents aren''t being taken for granted.

It''s a win win scenario that might just save our club from disaster........

[quote user="CID"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Can I ask you a question,my friend?  Did you buy a 5-year ticket because Mystic Meg foretold of great things for NCFC in the near future etc etc ..... or was it because you have as much love, affection and eternal optimism for ''your club'' as thousands of others up and down the country.

[/quote]

actually it was Russell Grant instead ;)

and i agree, Keep going in the bad times and the good times are all the sweater.. those that stay away and boycott will be the first to whinge when they cant get tickets for matches at Carrow road...

Seeings as the hugh majority of people attending are season ticket holders it will make virtually no financial impact though Cluck. It might make a point to the club about the level of dissatisfaction but thats all.

It''s down to each individual if they think thats worth doing or not. Me, I will always support the team and amazing as it seams this season, I actually enjoy going (well to be honest I actually enjoy the anticipation more than the event recently), so I''ll be there. 

I have been calling for this for an age.

It should have happened Saturday and again on Tuesday.

Nothing shouts louder than a block of empty seats.

I gave up my season ticket and go when I want. I didn''t go Saturday and won''t go Tuesday although I have been offered two deason ticket holders seats because they and their families no longer wish to go.

If it was just the football I would get behind my team, I am never prepared to turn up and boo them. But, it is the poisonous atmosphere which does for me and has done so in the past. The same thing is happening on this message board.

Short sharp, decisive action is never the Norfolk way. Long drawn out handwringing is......regrettably.

I think it would make a big financial difference if fans stay away,even if they are season ticket holders,the club would still be missing out on a good £7 - £8 per head on refreshments before the game and at half time , probably even more if people go as familys, so a decent no show would effect the clubs pockets.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CID"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

actually it was Russell Grant instead ;)

and i agree, Keep going in the bad times and the good times are all the sweater.. those that stay away and boycott will be the first to whinge when they cant get tickets for matches at Carrow road...

[/quote]

That''s better jas.  No need for "can''t afford not to go" excuses - you''re not Neil Doncaster after all.  If you''re going on principal say so.  That''s more like it.

[quote user="kettering canary"]I think it would make a big financial difference if fans stay away,even if they are season ticket holders,the club would still be missing out on a good £7 - £8 per head on refreshments before the game and at half time , probably even more if people go as familys, so a decent no show would effect the clubs pockets.[/quote]

It also raises doubts in the board''s mind about how many renewals they will get come March. 

If you don''t want to support the team them stay away....

if you are contributing to the toxicity then don''t come...

.....it''s the best way you could support (come back when you can be bothered to get behind them)

Get rid of the poison ...sing up for the team

At the very least til the final whistle.

24000 sitting on their hands muttering......or 14000 singing their hearts out ? Which would do more good, Re a result ?

OTBC

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes Smudger I know we have.  We''re on the same side.  I just wish you would refrain from shooting yourself in the foot by being so smug.  Knowing that we''re on the right track gives me no pleasure whatsoever, speaking personally.

[/quote]

It is the only way to get a reaction from an waful lot of these people though Mystic.... very sad... but very true!!!!

[quote user="walks on water"]

If you don''t want to support the team them stay away....

if you are contributing to the toxicity then don''t come...

.....it''s the best way you could support (come back when you can be bothered to get behind them)

Get rid of the poison ...sing up for the team

At the very least til the final whistle.

24000 sitting on their hands muttering......or 14000 singing their hearts out ? Which would do more good, Re a result ?

OTBC

[/quote]

With the current standard of football they would do well to get 14 people singing their hearts out for them, let alone 14,000

Unless of course they are singing DELIA OUT!!!

I totally agree, hit them finacially and the only way to do that is to stay away all together. Short term pain for long term gain. 

[quote user="pickle"]yeh and you call ureself norwich city fans my a**e[/quote]

Pickle You lovely young man , which school did you say you went to ,and how many more years you have before you leave  ?.Just being nosey .arrdee.

while were at it lets boycott this site for all the toxic drivel that gets posted by sad people that steep in the ocean of negativiy that they thrive on. FFS there can be no better time to get behind the team & this great club by turning up and supporting them and yes if they play like shite then have a go but keep being a supporter because we are the life blood of this club and without our continued support we will go bankrupt its as simple as that

[quote user="rainbow"]while were at it lets boycott this site for all the toxic drivel that gets posted by sad people that steep in the ocean of negativiy that they thrive on. FFS there can be no better time to get behind the team & this great club by turning up and supporting them and yes if they play like shite then have a go but keep being a supporter because we are the life blood of this club and without our continued support we will go bankrupt its as simple as that[/quote]

Like for the last two and a bit years, you mean?

Whats wrong with toxic!? If there hadn''t been a toxic athmosphere against Burnley a year ago, u no who would still be here. I''d rather a toxic athmosphere than no athmosphere.

Well said Rainbow, no wonder the regulars on here are leaving and not bothering to post much when you have wasters like Smudger openly admitting that he wants our team to lose and dominating every thread with his drivel.

Some poeople may boycott the game Smudger and thats their right but you dont see them willing the other team to win to make them happy do you.