Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Why are Archant so cosy with the club???

[quote user="Smudger"]It is oh so easy to see why those in charge with the club are alowed to get away with anything!!![/quote]

Its all a conspiricy, I''d watch out for invitations to lunch, those Polonium 2 sandwiches are tasty but pack a kick!

Why do you think? If they bad mouth the club, then the club stops speaking to them. Archant needs the exclusives, interviews and scoops to stay alive, so if they came out and slagged off Grant, Delia etc. then they would lose out big time. It''s the way of the world unfortunately...  

If by cosy you mean a balanced, level headed and objective view of events while providing a platform for fans with an extream point of view to share with others i agree it''s outragous. burn down archant towers i say!

Utter rubbish... they have not asked one searching question of this board yet.

Why not ask a list of searching questions for immediate response?

Any fool knows that it only takes a few seconds to tell the truth!!!

You need weeks to think of an answer when you are selling somebody an old fishes tale though don''t you???

Give a platfor for the extreme view???   DON''T MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!!

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]If by cosy you mean a balanced, level headed and objective view of events while providing a platform for fans with an extream point of view to share with others i agree it''s outragous. burn down archant towers i say![/quote]

I think the middle ground is fast running out of numbers sonny.

The wait and see, give ''em more time, they''re doing there best attitude is being shown up for what it is, a complete sham.

If we don''t force a change soon then we only have ourselves to blame. Time for Archant to call for that change, I say.

Good point - Why?.

They (along with Blower, Emery & their flock) played a big part in the demise of our club. Former players have said how they hated playing at Carrow Road in the last couple of years of Chase''e reign because of the ''so called'' supporters, whose blinkered opinions were partially as a result of media brain-washing.

Archant were a disgrace then & remain so today.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]If by cosy you mean a balanced, level headed and objective view of events while providing a platform for fans with an extream point of view to share with others i agree it''s outragous. burn down archant towers i say![/quote]

The wait and see, give ''em more time, they''re doing there best attitude is being shown up for what it is, a complete sham.

If we don''t force a change soon then we only have ourselves to blame. Time for Archant to call for that change, I say.

[/quote]

Agree 100% RICARDO

and another question Archant... why has this thread been divided in to two seperate threads????

Seems apart from Ricardo''s post here you managed to have put all the opposition to what I have said on one thread and all the support for what I have said on another.

If you are going to edit do it properly please....  [;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

If you seriously think I have the know-how to split a thread, just ask my colleagues Pete and Vince! I keep it very simple...

Celia

[/quote]

ok apologies Delia (whoops I mean Celia).... probably due to the backlog last night I may of posted the same thread twice.,,  [:)]

Maybe I could help and tie the two threads together for you here??? 

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1035786/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

the media is there to report in a way to allow the reading public a chance to form its own conclusions based on factual reporting and balanced viewpoints. To say it is there to effect change is ludicris.  more people voted conservative than labour in the last election, should the media therefore take the majority view and oust the government of today? no, why? because unlike some countries we have a free press and message boards like this one, which smudger give you a platform (how on earth you can argue that point i dont know)

I agree that the middle ground is narrowing. I also agree that change is desriable, but to start blaming archant beggers belief, who the hell are we to blame next? sky television for making some clubs richer than us or how about the ball boys a carrow road for throwing the balls back too quickly when we arn''t playing well.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

the media is there to report in a way to allow the reading public a chance to form its own conclusions based on factual reporting and balanced viewpoints. To say it is there to effect change is ludicris.  more people voted conservative than labour in the last election, should the media therefore take the majority view and oust the government of today? no, why? because unlike some countries we have a free press and message boards like this one, which smudger give you a platform (how on earth you can argue that point i dont know)

I agree that the middle ground is narrowing. I also agree that change is desriable, but to start blaming archant beggers belief, who the hell are we to blame next? sky television for making some clubs richer than us or how about the ball boys a carrow road for throwing the balls back too quickly when we arn''t playing well.

[/quote]

Factually incorrect

2005 figures   Labour 35.19%

Tories   32.23%

Nobody on here appears to be blaming Archant for anything other than other than Cosying up to the Club. But if the media is only there to give factual reporting in order for people to make up their own minds then I have been living on a different planet for the last 50 plus years.

Archants only interest is to sell newspapers and I predict that their present attitude is likely to change quickly once they realise which way the wind is blowing.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Factually incorrect

2005 figures   Labour 35.19%

Tories   32.23%

Nobody on here appears to be blaming Archant for anything other than other than Cosying up to the Club. But if the media is only there to give factual reporting in order for people to make up their own minds then I have been living on a different planet for the last 50 plus years.

Archants only interest is to sell newspapers and I predict that their present attitude is likely to change quickly once they realise which way the wind is blowing.

[/quote]

You may be right RICARDO... lets see what they have to say about printing MWJ''s immortal words in their paper tomorow shall we?

Surely if I am prepared to put the words in a letter straight from myself then they can''t be held accountable can they???

So exactly what questions would you ask that haven''t already been asked and answered? (hint - where''s the money gone has been covered)

sorry ricardo, you are correct. i meant to say more people in england voted conservative than labour. And yes some media will have a political or otherwise bias in order to appeal to their readership, but the jist of my point i stand by, the EDP, evening news etc report only report the spin from carrow road, they do not make it up, and nor would i want them to interprate for me. tell me straight and let me decide if they are talking ballcocks.

if you have ever watched CNN you will know how bad news reproting can be when it''s just pandering to public opinion.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

sorry ricardo, you are correct. i meant to say more people in england voted conservative than labour. And yes some media will have a political or otherwise bias in order to appeal to their readership, but the jist of my point i stand by, the EDP, evening news etc report only report the spin from carrow road, they do not make it up, and nor would i want them to interprate for me. tell me straight and let me decide if they are talking ballcocks.

if you have ever watched CNN you will know how bad news reproting can be when it''s just pandering to public opinion.

[/quote]

Apology accepted and yes I accept your most valid point about CNN. (and Fox News for that matter). I am afraid its symptomatic of all news channels these days that they interpret the news to suit there own political or financial bias. (and that includes BBC)

I think the gist of Smudgers complaint is that Archant seem very reluctant to report anything that smacks of Delia and MWJ''s stewardship. In that respect I believe he has a point.

Around the time of the EGM that was called to discuss the future of Worthington (about this time last year), didn''t the Evening News lead the back page with a list of questions to the board? As I remember, the journalistic style was far from ''cosying up to the club'', but bordering on confrontational. The Pink''un itself publishes stories by many different NCFC-connected parties, many of which are a long way away from toeing the line issued by the board. Archant will always have good links with the club, especially as the the Head of Media at NCFC is a former Pink''un editor himself, but I don''t think that would stop Archant publications from criticising the club, the team or the manager - it certainly didn''t towards the end of the Worthington era.

Archant produce 3 or 4 pages every day about the Canaries so from a commecial angle it makes sense for them to be nice otherwise they would not regularly receive quotes from players and the management. I have great respect for the EDP and have been reading it for some 60 years !!! However most of what we read about Carrow Road these days is repetitive coupled with plenty of hype. I am afraid that''s the way it is with the Press these days.

Talking of the EDP I recently by chance found an old cutting dated 1st September 1983. Huge dissapointment was expressed because we lost 1 nil at home. The opponents - Liverpool - who included Dalglish, Souness, Rush, Grobbelar and I know it all Hansen.

[quote user="Coelho"]Around the time of the EGM that was called to discuss the future of Worthington (about this time last year), didn''t the Evening News lead the back page with a list of questions to the board? As I remember, the journalistic style was far from ''cosying up to the club'', but bordering on confrontational. The Pink''un itself publishes stories by many different NCFC-connected parties, many of which are a long way away from toeing the line issued by the board. Archant will always have good links with the club, especially as the the Head of Media at NCFC is a former Pink''un editor himself, but I don''t think that would stop Archant publications from criticising the club, the team or the manager - it certainly didn''t towards the end of the Worthington era.
[/quote]

Yes you are correct in this, the article was entitled "where`s the money gone?" and Doncaster then responded (in his column i believe) with a mixture of valid points and the usual misleading spin. The curious thing is that since that time there has been no improvement on the pitch and we are, if anything, in a worse financial position yet any difficult questions aimed at the board by Archant seem to have dried up. You have to wonder whether they were "leant on" over that article and bottled it.

Anyway, if Archant are considering growing some balls and asking the questions that matter i`ll give them a couple of ideas. Firstly, Doncaster is being deliberately misleading in the annual report by trying to claim that a wage bill of £14million was evidence of "the club`s huge investment in it`s playing squad over the past two years". Within that overall wage bill, player wages actually fell to £7.4million-only a million higher than our promotion season when turnover was £14million rather than last years £23.8million. So as a percentage of turnover player wages have actually been massively cut in that period.

Also, there`s the old chestnut of "all transfer fees received are available to be re-invested in the team". The annual report shows that we have just raked in £5.5million on transfers (and lost some very big wages) and spent £2.2million on replacements. Yet now it seems we can`t afford much else to bolster a struggling side? As far as i`m concerned the above quote is a blatent lie.

[quote user="Coelho"]Around the time of the EGM that was called to discuss the future of Worthington (about this time last year), didn''t the Evening News lead the back page with a list of questions to the board? As I remember, the journalistic style was far from ''cosying up to the club'', but bordering on confrontational. The Pink''un itself publishes stories by many different NCFC-connected parties, many of which are a long way away from toeing the line issued by the board. Archant will always have good links with the club, especially as the the Head of Media at NCFC is a former Pink''un editor himself, but I don''t think that would stop Archant publications from criticising the club, the team or the manager - it certainly didn''t towards the end of the Worthington era.
[/quote]

Bodering on the confrontational?  Don''t make me laugh!!!

Draw up a list of questions in the press and a month later we will pop around for tea and scone to discuss... LAUGHABLE!!!!

As I have said before even the most dim witted of us could come up with plenty of great excuses given a months time to think about the answers.

IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

Smudger is annoyed that they haven''t asked Delia:  "You are an Evil Binner intent on taking our Great Huge Club to the Conference, aren''t you?"  and then repeated it in a Paxman-Howard style untill they get the answer he wants.

Tough call for Archant. If suitably piqued, the club could easily remove all access to players and management, ditto to Colney and the ground.

However, following the Wolves game, Chris Lakey was as condemnatory as any Archant writer I have known in last Monday''s EDP.

Interestingly, so was Neil Adams, and he has been accused, time and time again, of being in the clubs pocket.

Personally, I don''t want or expect a newspaper or media outlet to give me an opinion-I want them to state whats what, and let me decide my own. Isn''t that why such opinionated rags as the Daily Mail, Sun, Mirror, Express etc get a lot of stick, because they tell you what to think, not invite you to think for yourself?

But there is bias everywhere in the media, its impossible to escape these days. Every daily newspaper not only favours a political party but also relishes bringing down the other. FFS, "The Sun" aren''t far off electing the Government, if, on election day, their headline is "VOTE CAMERON", then the Conservatives will do a lot better than if they didn''t, I bet both major parties are desperately lobbying "The Sun" for support at the moment.

Likewise the BBC, very pro New Labour, as are GMTV. Sky, however, especially with Murdoch''s influence would seem to be more to the right however. So this can translate to Archant-who is there head man/woman, what is their take, and remember, though they have their 4x local papers, the group also has 23 weekly national paid papers which it publishes, 27 weekly free papers and about 70 magazines, again, national and covering a whole range of topics and areas. So they may not be inclined, like it or not, to see NCFC as the centre of their Universe, thus not being THAT interested in getting as into the club as we might want or expect.

[quote user="7rew"]Smudger is annoyed that they haven''t asked Delia:  "You are an Evil Binner intent on taking our Great Huge Club to the Conference, aren''t you?"  and then repeated it in a Paxman-Howard style untill they get the answer he wants.
[/quote]

Oh dear......   [N]

Try breathing into a paper bag sonny.....

[quote user="Smudger"]It is oh so easy to see why those in charge with the club are alowed to get away with anything!!![/quote]

Funny - I seem to remember not too long ago a number of threads suggesting Archant and NCISA were in a great conspiracy AGAINST the club!

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

Funny - I seem to remember not too long ago a number of threads suggesting Archant and NCISA were in a great conspiracy AGAINST the club!

[/quote]

Agreed. I think Adam Aitken must find all this quite amusing after he has been accused so many times as being subversive and anti club. Surprised you havent answered Adam!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Around the time of the EGM that was called to discuss the future of Worthington (about this time last year), didn''t the Evening News lead the back page with a list of questions to the board? As I remember, the journalistic style was far from ''cosying up to the club'', but bordering on confrontational. The Pink''un itself publishes stories by many different NCFC-connected parties, many of which are a long way away from toeing the line issued by the board. Archant will always have good links with the club, especially as the the Head of Media at NCFC is a former Pink''un editor himself, but I don''t think that would stop Archant publications from criticising the club, the team or the manager - it certainly didn''t towards the end of the Worthington era.[/quote]

Bodering on the confrontational?  Don''t make me laugh!!!

Draw up a list of questions in the press and a month later we will pop around for tea and scone to discuss... LAUGHABLE!!!!

As I have said before even the most dim witted of us could come up with plenty of great excuses given a months time to think about the answers.

IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

[/quote]And it only takes a lower-case letter to make a point. The purpose of a newspaper is to report news - the Evening News put a series of taxing questions to the board, and reported on the board''s response. If Doncaster only came out with a load of spin, then the paper can only legally attribute to him the things he actually said! Besides, after the board''s response, Archant printed a great deal of anti-club editorial, in the form of readers'' letters and correspondents'' columns. Or maybe I''m too blind and dim-witted to see the truth? ;)