Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

Norwich City 'supporters' are a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Club is a complete shambles, both on and off the field of play. FACT.

This joke of a board took over a club £5.5m in debt, but rich in playing assets & land investment, which would later provide a massive injection of cash.

During the past 12 years, the fans have stumped up several million to purchase worthless shares, and they have enjoyed a £1.5m legacy from Watling''s estate.

They have raked in several more millions by selling off many of our better players (even though they elected not to accept written offers totalling £11m for O''Neill & Eadie - chosing to later sell them for a combined £3.7m, the first in an endless number of mistakes), and have clearly chosen to employ Managers who do not believe in the promotion & development of home grown talent.

Gate income could hardly be any better, with 24,000 happy punters lapping it up week in, week out.

The Play-off final defeat saw us retain all profits from the Cardiff match (after a gentleman''s agreement with Birmingham), worth £1.8m.

A premiership season (& the guarantee of £14.2m of parachute money from subsequent relegation) delivered an enormous injection of income. The board took the decision to cash-in on this, via a policy of ''prudence with ambition''.

We aparantly make money on off-field activity - from the bars & lounges, theme nights, and side businesses such as selling holidays & financial services.

AND YET, IT IS ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Not only that, but our debt has risen to £18m!!!!!!!!

How unbelievable - that the Chairman who resided over finishes of 3rd, 4th & 5th in (what is now) the Premier League, 2 FA Cup semi-finals & European football, was victimised and ousted by brainless morons, because (in their words) ''he sold all the best players, got us relegated & stole all the cash''.

The current board have resided over a 12 year period of very little on-field success and a complete mis-management of the un-told riches at their disposal.

NORWICH CITY ''SUPPORTERS'' SHOULD TAKE A VERY LONG & HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES.

They demanded an end to the reign of Chase and his board - despite us being second in this division. Look at the mess the club is in now, and yet the ''fan'' base sit there like a bunch of zombies.

I am sick of the board, that idiot of a ''Manager'' (that they gave lucrative 3 and a half year contract to - sacking him would increase our debt to around £20m.) and the majority of our ''fans'' - who are best described as mindless morons.

Unless Smith does the honourable thing (ie. sell her shareholding by auction to the highest bidder, and (I suggest) pay off Grant out of her personal small fortune), then we will continue a struggle to stay in this division, whilst getting further & further into debt.

Such is the mis-management of the club''s finances, it is obvious that the £2m ''Turner interest -free loan'' and the sale of Earnshaw, Etuhu & Safri were necessary so as to avoid going into administration.

ARE YOU REALLY PREPARED TO LET THIS CONTINUE??????????????????????

HOW BAD DOES IT NEED TO GET BEFORE SMITH RECEIVES THE SAME TREATMENT AS CHASE??????????????????????????????????????????????

I look forward to hearing the same old reteric & spin from the Smith worship brigade.

I agree with most of what you say but Chase......if he carried on as chairman this could would be no more.....FACT

We had a GREAT team but he sold off the assets.Instead of pushing the club on and investing at a time when we would have been an attractive move for most players he decided to buy a flour mill (i know i''d prefere the hotel) and piss of MARTIN O''NEILL a man who most people wanted as England manager.

Some people just have short memories...........

100% spot on FRAM... but still we are not allowed to say such thinbgs are we???  [Y]

I can hear the sharpening of the morons tongues who will protect anything this board say or do right now... get your hard hat on mate!!!

hehehe Just seen your signature too FRAM... after the advice from Celia...

Thanks Delia (whoops I mean Celia)... [Y]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I agree with most of what you say but Chase......if he carried on as chairman this could would be no more.....FACT

We had a GREAT team but he sold off the assets.Instead of pushing the club on and investing at a time when we would have been an attractive move for most players he decided to buy a flour mill (i know i''d prefere the hotel) and piss of MARTIN O''NEILL a man who most people wanted as England manager.

[/quote]

Totally agree cusp.  Chase ran up debts he couldn''t pay off, gambled on reducing the squad just enough to avoid relegation, and lost.  I see every sign that the present board is following exactly the same strategy.  At least Chase didn''t ask us to trust him.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

OK, and where was the money for investing in the squad?.

He had put everything that he could personally raise into the club, and we could only dream of the sort of income that these muppets have enjoyed.

Where was Smith then?. A loan (or share purchase etc) from her when we were on the verge of silverware was desperately needed.

When Stringer & Chase approached Crystal Palace for the signatures of the hottest strike duo at the time ( Bright & Wright), they were told that a deal would be done at a price of 950k. Chase went public with this, and indicated that 600k was all the club could possibly raise. Outside investment would have been welcome. However, no wealthy supporters came forward.

I am convinced (being at the top of the league that Christmas) that had we had the resources to complete the deal, we would have gone on to win the Championship.

You seem to suggest (like many others) that ''Chase should have opened the purse strings''. What purse strings?.

Don''t come at me with that ''short memory'' rubbish. I simply cannot believe that you think the club would be in a worse state than we are now had he maintained his position as Chairman. How deluded can you get?.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Totally agree cusp.  Chase ran up debts he couldn''t pay off, gambled on reducing the squad just enough to avoid relegation, and lost.  I see every sign that the present board is following exactly the same strategy.  At least Chase didn''t ask us to trust him.

[/quote]

Laughable!.

Chase could have paid off all debt by selling one player. Jimmy Jones has stated that he (& the rest of the board) became more and more frustrated during our relegation season. This was as a result of extensive injury problems, and (despite repeated requests) the Manager only put one player name forward to the board as a transfer target. This was Bob Taylor of WBA. We agreed a fee of £1.1m for him, only for the deal to fall through due to an injury. This was the ONLY transfer target that the Manager came up with. FACT.

However, you are correct with the final sentence. ''You can trust us'' they said!!!!!. HA HA HA.

Waa waa wee waa fram baby! Now this is what I call passion.......

So much right about what you say that it would be churlish to disagree with any of it. If "them upstairs" had just an ounce of what you have shown by posting this....as sure as hell we wouldn''t be in the sorry state we''re in right now.

Top man/woman/person!........

Yawn.  The same old brigade come out to support the most pointless tripe I think I have ever read on here....and that takes some doing.  You choose to skate over the fact that almost every club in the Championship is in debt, that NCFC had to rebuild large chunks of the stadium (or would we prefer a c13500 capacity that we''d have otherwise), that player wages have (something like) tripled since 1992 just for our level....and so on.    And the oldest chestnut of them all, Saint Chase - anyone would have thought we were mega-rich and riding high in the Prem when he was forced out, rather than sailing so close to the wind that we had to sell players to keep the banks off our backs....oh, and lying to O''Neill about the finances so much so that he walked out....

...I expect the usual facile response from Cluck.

The thing that antagonised most people  about chase  was the bewiderment as to where all the money raised from transfers had actually gone.It wasn''t until after he had stepped down that the extent of his off-field investments were made apparent.

Now when the new board came in they promised us two things accountability and transparency,yet they have delivered niether of those things,indead i am guessing that without the legal requirement to publish public accounts on the basis of being a PlC most of us would be scratching our heads over where all the money has gone this time round.And when i hear we spent 1.3 million on office refurbishment, a little voice inside my head says "Superb Conference Facillities" in an Alan Partridge voice,for truth be told i fear we are being run by short sighted middle managers who think plush carpets and bigger desks equates to success.

Now we came unstuck with chase following the sale of our star striker,our relegation,his unsuccessful gamble on two consequetive unproven managers in deehan and megson,the panic selling of prior,mills and ward and his failiure to provide adequate resources with which to rebuild a squad to challenge for promotion,

Sadly it looks as though history has turned full circle,and those Cup runs,premiership challenges are a thing of distant memory, When chase took us down the t-shirts read "for one season only" sadly it turned out they were refering to our next premiership campaign.

I hope we can find a consortium to buy out the duo,i remember a lot of people said we could never get anyone to buy out chase,because no matter how sucessful the board have been in their off-field activities,~(and only time will tell how many of their ventures ultimately justify the expenditure and how many turn out to be millstones)-one thing is certain time and time again the board have been turned over  when it comes to football decisions.

When smith is gone,the only abiding memory will be her cringeworthy "letsbeavingyou" battle cry endlessly repeating on "a question of sport" and "they think its all over"

and until we get a new board of directors

It probally is.

OTBC

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Yawn.  The same old brigade come out to support the most pointless tripe I think I have ever read on here....and that takes some doing.  You choose to skate over the fact that almost every club in the Championship is in debt, that NCFC had to rebuild large chunks of the stadium (or would we prefer a c13500 capacity that we''d have otherwise), that player wages have (something like) tripled since 1992 just for our level....and so on.    And the oldest chestnut of them all, Saint Chase - anyone would have thought we were mega-rich and riding high in the Prem when he was forced out, rather than sailing so close to the wind that we had to sell players to keep the banks off our backs....oh, and lying to O''Neill about the finances so much so that he walked out....

[/quote]

Yep...and the same old apologists brigade comes out to defend the indefencible.... Small mind...small ambition and the usual garbage to prop up your dated and already failed argument.

I guess you won''t be protesting come Tuesday then? Too busy muffling your saviour''s ears no doubt? 

No facile response Dickle....just honesty and fact as usual. Look them up on Wiki..........

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Laughable!.

Chase could have paid off all debt by selling one player. Jimmy Jones has stated that he (& the rest of the board) became more and more frustrated during our relegation season. This was as a result of extensive injury problems, and (despite repeated requests) the Manager only put one player name forward to the board as a transfer target. This was Bob Taylor of WBA. We agreed a fee of £1.1m for him, only for the deal to fall through due to an injury. This was the ONLY transfer target that the Manager came up with. FACT.

However, you are correct with the final sentence. ''You can trust us'' they said!!!!!. HA HA HA.

[/quote]

Err, Sutton, Fox, Etu. . . no I can''t be bothered.  Move on Fram.

FramCanary.

Once more into the breach dear friend.

Keep it up. Great stuff.

I am currently mustering the time and energy at the moment to join in more fully, but you have very able lieutenants in Cluck and ConfusedDes, for example, for the time-being.

Yep, the Smiths must be rooted out to save our club. Just where it will all end up, I''m not sure - but that must be the first step.

OTBC

CUSDP says Chase sold off all the assets. So what''s the difference when the present regime sell Earnshaw, Safri and Etuhu in the space of a few weeks. I know they had certain clauses in their contracts but we agreed to that when we signed them. The big difference is that Chase wheeled and dealed in the transfer market to generate funds on ground improvements BUT at the same time gradually improved the quality on the pitch and took us into Europe !! The current Board have been involved in numerous transfers but the end result is that we have gradually got worse. Compared with other sides in the Championship even now we have a half decent squad but the current manager and coaching staff seem incapable of instilling any sign of basic football skills on the pitch i.e. ball control, passing into space, quickness of thought, etc, etc.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Yep...and the same old apologists brigade comes out to defend the indefencible.... Small mind...small ambition and the usual garbage to prop up your dated and already failed argument.

I guess you won''t be protesting come Tuesday then? Too busy muffling your saviour''s ears no doubt? 

No facile response Dickle....just honesty and fact as usual. Look them up on Wiki..........

[/quote]

Predictable as always, you couldn''t fail to let me down. And with the usual unoriginal retorts to anyone that disagrees with your view, too. I wonder, should I feel honoured or something?

The sad part is that if you actually bothered actually reading one of my posts you would know I am not an ''apologist'' in the derogatory way you mean.  I have little feeling either way for the board or its members and to a large extent I couldn''t care less who is on it.  But you just carry on, you seem to have decided otherwise.

One fact is that Delia Smith''s buyout of shares/loans to the club did help it out when it was in trouble.  Unlike you (it seems) though, I''ve never met anyone who sees her as the club''s saviour; I''m sure it would have survived in the same way that others have. 

We are all a disgrace! All those who protested against Chase are brainless morons where as the majority of the fans now are mindless morons. Great post [:|]

The point of this post being that I consider it disgraceful that the ''fans'' are happy to put up with what is happening both on & off the field of play. No signs of discontent must mean that they remain happy & supportive of the board & their idiot of a Manager. Truly remarkable.

Why does it have to be so clear cut?  I remember Mr Chase all to well, and vividly remember him almost destroying our football club.  No, I will not give him credit for it.  I don''t want that man anywhere near the Club ever again.  However, this does not mean that I support the current board either - they have done an ok job; nothing more, nothing less over the 12 years they have been in charge.  However, the recent signs indicate a serious downward trend in their performance ( and by recent I mean 3 years).  This needs to be arrested, and arrested quickly.  To my mind, they have recently begun to exactly mirror Chase''s regime towards the end.  I fear dark times ahead.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Why does it have to be so clear cut?  I remember Mr Chase all to well, and vividly remember him almost destroying our football club.  No, I will not give him credit for it.  I don''t want that man anywhere near the Club ever again.  However, this does not mean that I support the current board either - they have done an ok job; nothing more, nothing less over the 12 years they have been in charge.  However, the recent signs indicate a serious downward trend in their performance ( and by recent I mean 3 years).  This needs to be arrested, and arrested quickly.  To my mind, they have recently begun to exactly mirror Chase''s regime towards the end.  I fear dark times ahead.[/quote]

''Temp'', you are (of course) correct. These things are never clear cut. Chase made mistakes (he knows that), but the failure of this board is not recognised by the bulk of our fans.

To hound him out for his perceived mistakes/failings & yet remain content with the current board & how things are now (12 years on), is disgraceful.

I agree - that these are dark times!.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Predictable as always, you couldn''t fail to let me down. And with the usual unoriginal retorts to anyone that disagrees with your view, too. I wonder, should I feel honoured or something?

The sad part is that if you actually bothered actually reading one of my posts you would know I am not an ''apologist'' in the derogatory way you mean.  I have little feeling either way for the board or its members and to a large extent I couldn''t care less who is on it.  But you just carry on, you seem to have decided otherwise.

One fact is that Delia Smith''s buyout of shares/loans to the club did help it out when it was in trouble.  Unlike you (it seems) though, I''ve never met anyone who sees her as the club''s saviour; I''m sure it would have survived in the same way that others have. 

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you here...but what you think or say is wholly irrelevant to me...as with others of your ilk.  If infact you have no opinion on the Board...and you have such a small circle of contacts not to have encountered the universally used "saviour" tag....why bother involving yourself such adult debate? Feeling left out?

Thanks for the usual insults by the way...but after all this time I would have thought you''d  learnt to save them for others by now. I''m immune......... 

Sorry to disappoint you here...but what you think or say is wholly irrelevant to me...as with others of your ilk. 

Feelings mutual Cluck

Proud to be a free thinking Norwich fan

You''re right. The comparisons between then and now are frightening. But neither Chase or Delia deserve to come in for personal abuse. Football finances eh? But really, granty has had more available to him than many in the division, and so did worthy, so we really can lay most of the blame with the management and players.