Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Hoist! Bye Delia.

The NCFC board have encouraged bums on seasonticketseats for some time now. And frequently boasted about the success of their policy which guarantees close to sellouts at every home league game. And this will be so for the rest of the season. Of course there will be a degree of drop off which has actually started over the last couple of games.

Why do I say that the NCFC hierarchy will be hoist by their own petard?

Because they have created a tranche of resentful customers on pre-paid seasonticketseats. People who are going to be increasingly fed up at being ''forced'' to go along to Carrow Road for every home game because of both the dire performance levels on display and the patent lack of commitment from highly paid players. People who in other circumsatances would have picked and chosen their games or simply have stopped attending altogether. Many of these resentful prisoners on seasonticketseats are simmering. More and more will start to get angry, and..........

Formerly, in bad times, people simply exercised their choice of simply not attending a few, or some or all of the games. Thus attendances would by now have dropped from 23,000 (say) to 14-16,000 (say) and would drift down to 10-12,000 on bad nights. That is, market forces would have stepped in to punish a poor product.

Now, I am afraid, there is going to be a growing, seething swell of dissent and protest at home games until something gives. Fuelled substantially by those resentful prisoners on seasonticketseats.

NCFC hierarchy - don''t say you weren''t warned. You tried to ''colt the game'' - and market forces are about to exact retribution.

Of course , this situation will probably redound to the benefit of us fans as the situation will unravel and come to a head a fair bit earlier than it might have done otherwise.

C''est la vie.

Bye Delia. Our Canary Phoenix will arise from your little Ashes one day.

OTBC - green and yellow for ever.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The NCFC board have encouraged bums on seasonticketseats for some time now. And frequently boasted about the success of their policy which guarantees close to sellouts at every home league game. And this will be so for the rest of the season. Of course there will be a degree of drop off which has actually started over the last couple of games.

Why do I say that the NCFC hierarchy will be hoist by their own petard?

Because they have created a tranche of resentful customers on pre-paid seasonticketseats. People who are going to be increasingly fed up at being ''forced'' to go along to Carrow Road for every home game because of both the dire performance levels on display and the patent lack of commitment from highly paid players. People who in other circumsatances would have picked and chosen their games or simply have stopped attending altogether. Many of these resentful prisoners on seasonticketseats are simmering. More and more will start to get angry, and..........

Formerly, in bad times, people simply exercised their choice of simply not attending a few, or some or all of the games. Thus attendances would by now have dropped from 23,000 (say) to 14-16,000 (say) and would drift down to 10-12,000 on bad nights. That is, market forces would have stepped in to punish a poor product.

Now, I am afraid, there is going to be a growing, seething swell of dissent and protest at home games until something gives. Fuelled substantially by those resentful prisoners on seasonticketseats.

NCFC hierarchy - don''t say you weren''t warned. You tried to ''colt the game'' - and market forces are about to exact retribution.

Of course , this situation will probably redound to the benefit of us fans as the situation will unravel and come to a head a fair bit earlier than it might have done otherwise.

C''est la vie.

Bye Delia. Our Canary Phoenix will arise from your little Ashes one day.

OTBC - green and yellow for ever.

[/quote]

Spot on BlyBly as usual!

All I can add is that they didn''t catch me.....

Your analogy with mutinous prisoners is spot on Bly.  No wonder there''s such a poisonous atmosphere.  The board played the "loyalty" card for all it was worth, and it has come back to bite them on the bum.

As far as Delia is concerned, loyalty to the club and personal loyalty to her are one and the same.  Far too many of our fans have fallen into the trap. 

You are right Bly, though a lot of supporters on season tickets are still not the sort to protest (remember the chase protests?). However bad things get there are some people who just don''t like booing, protesting, but just want to go home or into a pub and rant at their fellow fans.

The attendance figures are NOT the number of the people attending, they are the season ticket allocation who are counted whether they go or not.......it is looking emptier by each game and the atmosphere is not great. We tried to get some singing going - but it usually dies along with events on the pitch.

I have to say I don''t feel like a prisoner - I can stop going if I want, but I enjoy going, if only to meet old and good friends! It might not be a good enough reason, but there you are. Sometimes the football is good which is a bonus lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]You are right Bly, though a lot of supporters on season tickets are still not the sort to protest (remember the chase protests?). However bad things get there are some people who just don''t like booing, protesting, but just want to go home or into a pub and rant at their fellow fans. The attendance figures are NOT the number of the people attending, they are the season ticket allocation who are counted whether they go or not.......it is looking emptier by each game and the atmosphere is not great. We tried to get some singing going - but it usually dies along with events on the pitch. I have to say I don''t feel like a prisoner - I can stop going if I want, but I enjoy going, if only to meet old and good friends! It might not be a good enough reason, but there you are. Sometimes the football is good which is a bonus lol[/quote]

You''re quite right , of course, Gazza. But there will still be a rising sea of resentment from a big enough proportion of the prisoners on seasonticketseats to catalyse and accelerate a developing bad atmosphere. This would not happen either to the same degree or as quickly if the club had not induced so many new and marginal supporters into ''investing'' in seasonticketseats. People don''t like it if there investment becomes damaged goods or the yield is not what is expected.

Market forces will increasingly step in in the guise of more and more empty seats and the equivalent of angry cushion throwing - whatever that is these days.

As for police horses in Carrow Road this term...........[:)] - well, we''ll see, eh?

As for Delia - time waits for no man - or even woman. And there hasn''t been an organistion yet the can withstand market forces once they get up steam.

OTBC

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]And if Ricky Wright was in charge he''d be hoisted by his own leotard I suspect![/quote]

If you have a problem mate PM dont keep bringing this wrestling stuff to the forum. In fact buy a ticket to a WAW show you might know what you are on about then, at least you will get VFM not like the dross at carrow road at the moment.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]You are right Bly, though a lot of supporters on season tickets are still not the sort to protest (remember the chase protests?). However bad things get there are some people who just don''t like booing, protesting, but just want to go home or into a pub and rant at their fellow fans. The attendance figures are NOT the number of the people attending, they are the season ticket allocation who are counted whether they go or not.......it is looking emptier by each game and the atmosphere is not great. We tried to get some singing going - but it usually dies along with events on the pitch. I have to say I don''t feel like a prisoner - I can stop going if I want, but I enjoy going, if only to meet old and good friends! It might not be a good enough reason, but there you are. Sometimes the football is good which is a bonus lol[/quote]

You''re quite right , of course, Gazza. But there will still be a rising sea of resentment from a big enough proportion of the prisoners on seasonticketseats to catalyse and accelerate a developing bad atmosphere. This would not happen either to the same degree or as quickly if the club had not induced so many new and marginal supporters into ''investing'' in seasonticketseats. People don''t like it if there investment becomes damaged goods or the yield is not what is expected.

Market forces will increasingly step in in the guise of more and more empty seats and the equivalent of angry cushion throwing - whatever that is these days.

As for police horses in Carrow Road this term...........[:)] - well, we''ll see, eh?

As for Delia - time waits for no man - or even woman. And there hasn''t been an organistion yet the can withstand market forces once they get up steam.

OTBC

[/quote]

Cushions, can we afford them? If I had a cushion I might just use it to sheild my eyes from the action on the pitch....lol

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]What!  Never submitted to a wedgie in the ring?[/quote]

Another keyboard warrior i see, what do you do for a living mate apart from being a forum comedian.

Ricky Wright  submitted

If you have a problem mate PM dont keep bringing this wrestling stuff to the forum. In fact buy a ticket to a WAW show you might know what you are on about then, at least you will get VFM not like the dross at carrow road at the moment.

Don''t need to go to a grapple Ricky, I can just look at the wikipedia guide to wrestling slang. Like:

• Bump Ring, a wrestling ring designed with extra padding to be more comfortable for taking bumps.[1]

Or, like the Cluck and Smudger tag team:

• Cheap heat, when a wrestler (often a heel) incites a negative crowd reaction by insulting the crowd (by insulting the city or a local sports team) or by using a news event as part of his promo.[1]

• Cheap pop, when a wrestler (often a face) incites a positive crowd reaction by "kissing up" to the crowd (for example, mentioning the name of the city or complimenting a local sports team). Mick Foley notoriously uses cheap pops by using the city''s name and giving a foolhardy "thumbs-up" to the camera.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]No offence intended Ricky....I''m just ringing your bell.[/quote]

Rudy.

Does Dan Dare fly that thingy in your avatar.

Back to the subject, now laddies.

OTBC

No Bly, it''s the Thunderbirds are go lot, their names at the moment escape me, one of them looked remarkably like Alan Hansen.......scary indeed.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Or, like the Cluck and Smudger tag team:

• Cheap heat, when a wrestler (often a heel) incites a negative crowd reaction by insulting the crowd (by insulting the city or a local sports team) or by using a news event as part of his promo.[1]

• Cheap pop, when a wrestler (often a face) incites a positive crowd reaction by "kissing up" to the crowd (for example, mentioning the name of the city or complimenting a local sports team). Mick Foley notoriously uses cheap pops by using the city''s name and giving a foolhardy "thumbs-up" to the camera. [/quote]

Really polishing our ego tonight aren''t we?

I''m glad I continue to "bother" you so much though Sad-old......because you don''t bother me one little bit. Which begs the question...when are you finally going to catch on?

Interesting also to see you are stooping to your usual childish personal asides when you can''t get your own way......but then I''m sure Ricky is just as disinterested in you as me......

•