Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Hucks, Grant, what do we want to happen next?

Hi all

Its Monday, I''ve had time to reflect the papers and the websites and I can now say that I think we have two problems:

1.    Hucks has lost the plot. Firstly he is too cocky, stating that he has never played with such a poor squad (or something similar). This can only 
      piss off the fellow players in the squad. If you were at work and fellow worker stated that he had never worked with such a poor team, how
      would you feel! I know what I''d do ''who do you think you are? God? - your 31+ and on the way out pal, F**k O**''  It was clear in the Shef Wed game that a lot of
      players didn''t want to pass to Hucks. Hes starting to become a ''bind'' to the club, play hucks or we will lose, ''you can''t leave hucks out'' and something of a liability. his
      performances so far have been poor also, and we rely too much on him for attacking. Teams know this.

2.   Grant talks the talk but can''t walk the walk. Speaks well of his team but lacks ideas, tatics etc. the league position shows this and doesn''t lie. When was the last time we 
      played well (and I mean well) under Grant? Sorry time for a change.

The problem is what do we want next?

We all know what the board are like, if we beat Scunny then lose to QPR then draw with Bristol, this will be enough to keep Grant in a job. It will take another 3 defeats to
get the board to take notice. We hung on to Worthy for too long, I fear the same for Grant.

Also if (and a big if) we get a new manager, it must be a ''name'' we must spend the money we don''t have to get one. Not a non descript nobody. Had anybody heard
of Grant b4 he came to city. I hadn''t until somebody told me where he was from.

To be fare I like Grant, I just fear he has lost the squad and is over his head too deep. I thought this might be the season for a play-off spot. (Ha, Ha)

Its a sad time, I for one have had enough and just want a named manager and some good times back at city. We have a good crop of players, ok we need a couple of signings at the back, but in the end the team should perform with passion and belief. This is lacking big time again this season.

Cheers All

In years to come we will realise that the Huckerby statement probably saved the club - a voice speaking out when no one else would. Yes, Hucks is probably a bigger legend in his own mind than in reality, but he''s given us more good times than most other players in recent history.

It''s just me folks, but I love a person who will speak the truth. He''s right, this is a shit side - Hucks loves this club, I have no doubts about that. I have spoken to him at length a couple of times, have heard him talk at various forums. He''s probably wondering what in god''s name is going on at the club right now. He''s got no faith in Grant - but then, let''s be honest who has?

Was he right or wrong to speak out, that''s a matter of opinion, but he''s done it and it can''t be undone. Is he the player he was? No. Will he be again? No, age catches up with all of us. But he didn''t say this team is not as good as me, he said it was the weakest team he can remember at CR since he had been here. No denying that really is there?

Have none of you ever spoken up against your boss or company ever? Good on you Hucks. I salute you and just wish someone on the board would come out and say they were shit too.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]In years to come we will realise that the Huckerby statement probably saved the club - a voice speaking out when no one else would. Yes, Hucks is probably a bigger legend in his own mind than in reality, but he''s given us more good times than most other players in recent history. It''s just me folks, but I love a person who will speak the truth. He''s right, this is a shit side - Hucks loves this club, I have no doubts about that. I have spoken to him at length a couple of times, have heard him talk at various forums. He''s probably wondering what in god''s name is going on at the club right now. He''s got no faith in Grant - but then, let''s be honest who has? Was he right or wrong to speak out, that''s a matter of opinion, but he''s done it and it can''t be undone. Is he the player he was? No. Will he be again? No, age catches up with all of us. But he didn''t say this team is not as good as me, he said it was the weakest team he can remember at CR since he had been here. No denying that really is there? Have none of you ever spoken up against your boss or company ever? Good on you Hucks. I salute you and just wish someone on the board would come out and say they were shit too.[/quote]

Some valid points there, but in the end what do you want to happen next?  Win the next 3 - 5 games and carry on from there with the know how that it may go wrong again? or lose the next two or 3 and hope for a beeter manager????

Its hay bl**dy nightmare!

Cheers

I have only responed to your critcisms of Huckerby''s interview. IMO he was right to say what he did, why not, he''s just as involved in the club as you or me, he spoke the truth, or would you rather continue to read the usual stuff on the front page of this website or the back pages of the local paper by a constant variety of squad members telling us they will play better, not to worry, they know how we feel, they will stay up and be counted, etc etc etc.

I don''t want us (the board and those in management) to carry on as we are, it''s all going downhill, I am sure behind the scenes they have some plans, whether or not they are good ones or not I guess is down to your personal judgement of the club.

For me, if it gets to the stage of a player telling us the team is weaker now (despite promotion, parachute payments etc) than at anytime since he''s been at the club, then the board and everyone at the club should be concerned. He maybe wrong in some eyes for speaking out - he maybe right. That''s personal opinion and I can understand that what he said upset some people, but sometimes tough words have to be said to get change. At least someone on the playing staff can see through the emperor''s new clothes fantasy this club have built up around the club in the past few years.

One hundred and ten per cent agreed Gazza!. Hucks is a class player and fan in my eyes with a genuine affection for the club & supporters that is totally behind the cause at NCFC anyone would be frustrated being the quality player he  still is playing with this shower of sh*te would''nt they?!?!. I for one salute you HucksYes [Y]