Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

who would take a mid-table finish right know???

city playing like a relegation side more than a promotion side.  of course there''s still time to turn it around, such as sunderland last year, and also palace 4 years ago.  but....would some posters happily/reluctantly take a mid-table finish if hypothetically offered right now???  rather than flirting with a possible relegation battle???  after all, we came uncomfortably close last year, without being sucked in proper.  its looking scarey this time around!!!

Your question seems to assume people expected much more than that before we started the season - one of the reasons for the excited reactions from some posters on here is an unrealistic expectation level in the first place.

Personally I always thought a mid table finish (which would have been an improvement on last season) was likely to be the best we could hope for with our squad and more limited means this time out.  Although we are currently playing some of the most clueless football I have seen in 25 years of following the club I for one still think that over a full season that is what we will achieve.

Why my expectation level should be pitched at such a modest level considering the Premiership revenue we have frittered away over recent times, the transfer revenue we have received (and not spent) etc is another matter.[:(]

No I would not take it. Neither do I accept that we can''t win the FA Cup. And I only accept that we won''t win the Carling Cup because we have been knocked out. Everytime we play a league game this season there are three points up for grabs, 38 games remaining means there are 114 points left to play for. We can drop another 45 points and still quite possibly make the play offs.

It''s been mentioned elsewhere on this board that we have players who are good enough to make a challenge and I believe that too. I just don''t believe we have a team good enough at the moment. This is Grants challenge, to turn this collection of players, mostly his collection, into a confident team with a winning mentality. This won''t happen if there is ill feeling or discontent amongst the players or a lack of respect between the players and manager. If there are problems between the players it''s up to Grant to sort it out and take whatever action is neccessary for the good of the team. If there is a lack of respect between Grant and a senior player then bridges have to be built and built quickly. If the manager has lost the dressingroom then we should part company with him quickly. I don''t believe he has lost the dressing room. I, like most people I talk to, believe something is wrong within the playing side of the club but can''t identify what it is.

[quote user="bully"]

So would I. If we were in league 1 we would still be struggiling!

[/quote]

no you wouldnt look at leeds, jamie clapham went there (prob worst player i seen at wolves in long time) n my leeds friend says he awesome, tresor knadol banging in goals when dont think he scored in champ if so it was only one or two

also wolves worst player ever leon clarke scored in consective games for southend

now that shows how poor league 1 is