Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Scunthorpe

Responsibility and passion - can we please have some from the 11 to wear the shirt on Tuesday.

My team for scunny?  Back to basics - 442 and players where they should work best for us

Marshall

Otsem    Doc   Dion   Drury

Croft   Jarvis   Rusty   Lappin

Hux

Brown

Subs

Gilks  Murray,  Spillane, Martin, Strihavka.

no it shud be

Marshall

ostem                spillane              dion              dury

crofty                  jarvis                rusty             lappin

strihavka

cureton

subs

gilks, murray , hucks, martin, cavebrown.

at half time depending on peformances

martin for cureton,

65mins

hucks for croft & brown for strihavka

Who is going to score?I would go with:                         MarshallOstembor     Murray     Dublin      LappinCroft            Spillane     Russell/Smith(If fit?) Huckerby                    Cureton     MartinBut given the moral and confidence I dont really think it matters!

you gotta give strihavka a chance and what about jarvis he played excellent against man city and was the best player for us gainst sw

No chance that Smith will be fit just yet. Also why drop Doherty when he is one of our best players currently? I''d go for:

(4-4-2) Marshall; Otesmobor, Doherty, Dublin, Drury; Croft, Spillane, Russell, Lappin; Martin, Brown. Subs: Gilks, Huckerby, Rossi Jarvis, Murray, Cureton.

You cant seriously leave out Spillane. He was the only member of our midfield to show any bite and battling qualities. lappin should do, and maybe rossi J could make way, but Spillane no way.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Responsibility and passion - can we please have some from the 11 to wear the shirt on Tuesday.

My team for scunny?  Back to basics - 442 and players where they should work best for us

Marshall

Hux

Brown

Subs

[/quote]why u want two of the worst players for norwihc ever(Chirs'' cnant score in 10 games'' brown and simon ''1 touch a game'' lappin)if brown is starting im walking out of the gorund, thats how much i dislike him, i was all for him having anohter chance this season but he has had more than that 5 games more imo, so teammarshallsemmy  doc   dublin   drurycroft   jarvis   russell   huxcureton  strihavka

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Who is going to score?

Cureton     Martin

[/quote]

Same question to all these teams - who IS going to score?  Cureton seems less likely by the game at the mo  -  at least Browns goal threat hasnt actually dropped [;)]

Marshall

Hux

Brown

Subs

[/quote]

Why Brown, only a Binner would pick him.....oh my God, Grunts a Binner, Delia''s a Binner, Doncasters a.............

i like that team, except i would play cave-brown instead of ostemebor, i thought he should little passion, commitment, drive, the basics a player needs to suceed, i understand that nobody showed an ounce of this but if our right back who has blinding pace won''t get out of our half when we have the ball making that extra man with attacking abilities, then lets face it hes no good playing there because defensively i think chris brown could do a better job. Finally please who ever votes for this man of the match business i wish they vote for someone who contributed

Marshall

Hux

Brown

Subs

[/quote]

After witnessing, first-hand, the dire performances at Charlton, Wolves and yesterday, I can''t believe i can be so masochistic as to make the return journey from Braintree but I will...if only in hope.

Doherty has probably been our best performer in those 3 games so despite his weaknesses he has to keep his place.

Murray also made a decent fist of it at centre-back too.

Lappin has been too poor for me and I think its time for Martin.

My team :-

Marshall

Otsemboor Doherty Murray Drury

Croft Russell Spillane Huckerby

Brown Martin

subs

Gilks Dublin Cureton Lappin Brellier

[quote user="pickle"]you gotta give strihavka a chance and what about jarvis he played excellent against man city and was the best player for us gainst sw[/quote]

I didn''t see the Man City game but did you really think Jarvis was our best player against Wednesday?

For me he looked badly off the pace of the game and struggled to make any impact. His passing was very limited and he showed no real invention.

I''m with Ginger Pele - Brown should never start upfront again for City, we have two strikers in our squad that were top goalscores in their respective leagues last year - goalscores, it''s easy they start, if they score they play, Strihavka and Cureton up top. Norwich look best when Hux is in full flow on the left, he starts left midfiled. No goals coming from center midfield Grant says not enough passing and imo no killer balls, simple 1 defensive mid and 1 attacking, attacking role goes to Martin spreads the ball nicely remindes me of the way Crook used too, will look to get involved with attacks and scores goals as we all know, he starts. Defensive probably Russell experienced works hard and does break up play often. Right midfielder i would play Ozzy tomorrow, he will get forward and we won''t be so exposed at the back breaks with pace although distrubtion not the best would probably bring Croft on with 30 mins to go. Imo two center halves played well enough to be credited another chance they start, thought Murray looked alot more composed than Shackell does, left back Drury, starting too look his old self again in an side that lacks confidence and not many postives coming out of performances but he looks solid again, Russell would help out on the occasions when Hux don''t chase back. Right back would go to R jarvis or Cave Brown, R Jarvis has played really well and doesn''t deserve to be dropped so may give him the nod nor does Spillane for that matter but life ain''t fair sometimes. Marshall in goal.

Subs Gilks Dublin Croft Lappin Spillane

Sometimes simple is the way forward and i''ve tried keeping it simple as i can, 4-4-2 at home never fails, not the formation we see on Saturday.

ZLF - Creating chances and scoring goals has been our problem. Dublin has served his ban so why don''t we start him up front. We have to take the lead in a game in order to win it. Too often we start with Dublin at the back and then when we are losing we stick him up front to try and salvage something.

Marshall

Otsem - Doc - Murray - Drury

Croft - Any 2 of Brel Jarv Russ Spill (cuz I havent a clue, none of them seem to work!) - Lappin

Dublin - Cureton

Dublin and Cureton might just come off!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Marshall

Hux

Brown

Subs

[/quote]

After witnessing, first-hand, the dire performances at Charlton, Wolves and yesterday, I can''t believe i can be so masochistic as to make the return journey from Braintree but I will...if only in hope.

Doherty has probably been our best performer in those 3 games so despite his weaknesses he has to keep his place.

Murray also made a decent fist of it at centre-back too.

Lappin has been too poor for me and I think its time for Martin.

My team :-

Marshall

Otsemboor Doherty Murray Drury

Croft Russell Spillane Huckerby

Brown Martin

subs

Gilks Dublin Cureton Lappin Brellier

[/quote]i think thats pretty close to what id agree with except dublin starting cf and brown on the bench. although the bench would need a defensive sub then and i cant for the life of me think of anyone appropriate.

please can you all explain playing brown?may i remind you he has had 9 starts and 2 sub apperances and how many goals ? 0 or was it 1 no it was 0 so why the hell should he play, people are also taking rossi out of the team, the mom in my opinion at sheff

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Why Brown, only a Binner would pick him.....oh my God, Grunts a Binner, Delia''s a Binner, Doncasters a.............[/quote]

Yup - I must be a binner  [:^)][+o(][S][8-)][8o|]

Why Brown, only a Binner would pick him.....oh my God, Grunts a Binner, Delia''s a Binner, Doncasters a.............[/quote]

[/quote]

I knew it!!!!

The only thing I''m sure of is that Dion (our best player IMO) must play - what we desperately need is a leader, and there''s no-one else in our squad who''s up to that job. I quite like the idea of playing him up front, but I''d play him with Martin, who would accept being told where to go by Dion (he did that to Earnie last season when they played together), and I don''t think Cureton would take that. I''m also torn between not wanting to drop Brown from the squad (because of his unflagging effort) and wanting to see Strihavka given a better chance. So:                      MarshallOtsemobor  Doherty  Murray  DruryCroft       Spillane      Jarvis     Lappin                   Dublin MartinSubs:  Gilks, Brown (I like the idea someone else suggested of converting him to CB, but for now bring him on if we have to drop Dion back to CB), Russell, Huckerby, Strihavka

My opinion, for what its worth:                Marshall

Otsem - Doc - Murray - Drury

Croft - Russel - Spillane - Lappin

Martin - Strihavka

Subs: Gilks - RossiJ - Huckerby - Cureton - Brown

As for scoring: Brown, Cureton haven''t been scoring nor has Hucks been providing anything except weekening our midfield. - so all are dropped - Martin and Strihavka are tried.Bring on Hucks and Rossi for Martin and Drury (unless Strihavka is worse than Martin) after an hour if neccesary and go for:                Marshall

Otsem - Doc - Murray - Lappin

Russel - Spillane - RossiJ

Croft - Strihavka - Huckerby

marshall, otsemobor, doherty, dublin(c), drury, croft, russell, lappin, huckerby, cureton, brown

Subs:gilks, spillane, jarvis, martin, strihavka

chadwick,smith,fozzy?????????

Grant has to pick 11 players that actually want to play for him for Scunny, in a 4-4-2. Picking Huckerby is a waste of time as he''s obviously not motivated to play, unless he was still feeling his ankle on Saturday.  I''d also drop Drury on the basis of the Wednesday match.  Faffing around with different formations isn''t working - maybe, just maybe, Grant is a tactical genius whose players don''t understand the subtleties of his formations.  On the other hand....                   MarshallSemmy   Doherty    Murray       DruryCroft      Russell       Spillane      Lappin             Dublin   CuretonBrown on for Dublin - 65 minutesCureton looks incapable of scoring unless he''s working with a target man, Dublin is the best target-man we have.  This team is crying out for the arrival of Jimmy Smith.

[quote] I''d also drop Drury on the basis of the Wednesday match. [/quote][quote]Semmy   Doherty    Murray       Drury[/quote]Ooops !  That should read if I could.  We''ve only got Lappin who can stand in for him, and he;s needed on the wing while Huckerby is the way he is.

fully agree nutty. dublin upfront least he has scored this season and can hold the ball up. dublin much prefers the striker roll. i think doherty and murray didnt play to bad on sat and would give them another chance i think its not best to keep changing the back four every game. maybe murray and doherty will form a good partnership at the back although i still fel we need another centre half to put pressure on others.dublin offers goals and experience upfront, lets face it we havnt looked like scoring for ages. dublin gets my vote at least to start for an hour or so then lets see  maybe strivanka introduced but not with only 10mins left!!!! my team for tues....

Marshall

ostomombor           murray    doherty           drury

croft                  jarvis           rusty               hucks

dublin        cuerton

subs, strivanka, martin, brellier, lappin. gilks.  no brown sorry hes had his chance for now!!!

[/quote]

and me...

Has got to be:

Marshall

Otsemobor
Doherty
Murray
Drury

Croft
Russell
Spillane
Lappin

Dublin
Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Jarvis, Huckerby, Strikhavka, Martin/Brown/Brellier

My vote would be for Marshall, Semmy, Doc, Murray, Drury, Brellier, Spillane, Russel, Lappin, Dublin, Cureton Subs: Hux, Dave S, Martin, Jarvis, Gilks

Think Doc is playing well at the moment (compared to any other option available if nothing else) and Murray looks OK beside him which gives us the option of Dion up front.  Cureton needs a big guy to feed off if last season is anything to go by so lets give him the support of the best man at the club for the job.  I would stick Brellier in on the basis I think he can improve and besides I suspect that against Scunthorpe there will most likely be a need to mix it in the middle and he offers that.  Rusty gets my vote of Jarvis who I thought looked even more lost on Saturday than the other muppets around him (he is young though and desrves another chance soon).  Hux looked either disinterested or unfit depending on your point of view on Saturday - either way keep him on the bench as a worry for the opposition.  If Dion starts to tire Dave S looks a natural replacement as the game wears on.

I am going for a nervy 1-0 in a scrappy game which at the start of the season we would have expected to be a solid home banker.

[quote user="Campbell"]

Has got to be:

Marshall

Otsemobor
Doherty
Murray
Drury

Croft
Russell
Spillane
Lappin

Dublin
Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Jarvis, Huckerby, Strikhavka, Martin/Brown/Brellier

[/quote]

Yes, it has. Brellier my choice from your three on the bench. 

Even though there''s disagreement on the personnel, at least we''re all agreed that 4-4-2 is the way to go. The formation on Saturday would have confused the Dutch team of the 1970s, and I don''t think our players are that good.

Marshall, Semmy, Drury, Doherty, Spillane, Rossi Jarvis, russell, Cureton, Martin, Lappin

subs Strihavka, Gilks, huckerby, Croft, Brellier

jas :)