Sign in to follow this  
chipster

team depth?

is the reason we seemed to play ok without creating a chance down to how deep we defend or are we really that bad?

our three biggest goal threats had to go so far away from the danger area that we where never going to score, hucks was picking the ball up in his own half not on the full back and brown seems to live in the centre circle while poor old beef had to do with seeing the ball by the corner flag almost exclusivly

Grant is right when he says its the midfield i dont think they have held a tough attacking line with sustained possesion and threat all season

Team depth? Could be. Trouble is, there are just so many things not right about this Norwich team at the moment, its hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Against SW, I dont think I saw Otsemobor or Lappin compete for one 50 / 50 ball, Spillane and Jarvis don''t appeat to have that intrinsic ability to take on and beat a man, Drury looks a shadow of the player we once knew...

Like I say, it could be the team depth. Trouble is, when push comes to shove, I just dont think this current team have the wit or the wisdom to take a game by the scruff of the neck and influence it in a positive way. We need a leader at the back. We need creative midfielders. Quite honestly, i think we need a freaking miracle at the moment.

Oh sorry, I thought this was about the depths the team had sunk to. No?

Simple reason is we are not a team, Grant has bought in many new faces but doesn''t seem to know the best way of using them. So we have injuries, every team has them. The red cards were unfortunate, but gave Spillane and Jarvis much needed run outs.

We have defended too deep for years at this club. What we don''t have anymore is a Malky figure at the back and a Holt in midfield. We also need a decent coach to show them how to play to the best of their collective abilities.