Sign in to follow this  
Kissthebadge

Are we missing Earnshaw?

I know a lot of people were critical that Earnshaw didn''t fit into the set up of our team, but what you can''t deny is his scoring record.  Also the fact that he achieved that in a poor, struggling team and got very little service.  If he were still with us, he would have probably scored 4 or 5 by now and our league position would be very different. Imagine where we would have been without his goals last season.  Think we''re about to find out.....

Doesn''t seem to be getting much of a chance with Derby- cheeky loan offer?

More to the point is Earnie missing us, things have hardly been rosy for him this season

I think we are missing safri and ethtu more than any of us expected, really worried by lack of quality in middle of the park. Maybe Jimmy Smith can come in and do the business but i think that is a lot to ask of a young lad just comming back from injury.

No, think Cureton can do the the job if fed from the wings and midfield. But this service is not there. Croft has been the one thus far that has shown any signs of playing low balls into the box and yet spends more time on the bench. Chris Brown not adept at teeing it up for him when recieving long balls in.Earny would be struggling with our current set up as well.

I think both miss each other. Earnie can''t honestly say at this moment in time that hes happier to be where he is now than where he was with us.

Don''t forget we do have Cureton who, with the right service, can bang the goals in no question. Somethings just not quite right for him atm.

I am not convinced that Earnie would be scoring either if he was here - our problem is a lack of quality supply.  You could have put Drogba and Owen up front for us on Saturday and we would have lost because there was no quality ball into the strikers.

[quote user="sig"]

I know a lot of people were critical that Earnshaw didn''t fit into the set up of our team, but what you can''t deny is his scoring record.  Also the fact that he achieved that in a poor, struggling team and got very little service.  If he were still with us, he would have probably scored 4 or 5 by now and our league position would be very different. Imagine where we would have been without his goals last season.  Think we''re about to find out.....

[/quote]

We would miss anyone with a goal every 1.5 games record.

I said Cureton was a poor replacement for Earnie but it gives me no pleasure to be proved right. Colchester must be laughing all the way to the bank with that £800k. The guy was never worth more than half that figure.

Don''t get me wrong I liked Jamie when we had him as a kid but he''s never been an Earnie and he never will be.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="sig"]

[/quote]

We would miss anyone with a goal every 1.5 games record.

I said Cureton was a poor replacement for Earnie but it gives me no pleasure to be proved right. Colchester must be laughing all the way to the bank with that £800k. The guy was never worth more than half that figure.

Don''t get me wrong I liked Jamie when we had him as a kid but he''s never been an Earnie and he never will be.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Having Cureton upfront instead of Earnshaw is a definite step back. I still think Cureton is a decent signing for us but I''ve always said, since the captures of Cureton and Dave, that we need another striker to come in. If Norwich were going anywhere in this league then Cureton would be good backup.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]I am not convinced that Earnie would be scoring either if he was here - our problem is a lack of quality supply.  You could have put Drogba and Owen up front for us on Saturday and we would have lost because there was no quality ball into the strikers.[/quote]

I take your point PC but when Earnie was here, he never got much service, as our midfield has been AWOL for several seasons.  I know the service has been poor, but occassionally the ball goes into the oppositions box and this is where Earnie was so good. It just seems that he always knew where to be and had the strikers instinct to shoot and often score. 

I think Cureton is a great striker too but it''s been well documented that he needs a big man to feed off.  Earnie managed many of his goals playing alone up front.