Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Scapegoat anyone?

We are all angry, and completely dumbfounded.  But whom do we blame?The manager - he seems to be the butt of most people, and he may be the main fault - but how can you blame him for everything when they played well on Tuesday (at least passed the ball well) and lost it all on Saturday? Possibly the persistence with certain players - the experiment with Brown which seems to have been entirely unproductive, picking Hux knowing it will leave a weakened and unbalanced midfield and at a time when Hux seems a pale shadow of what he was. You can add your own, if you wish.The team - they are the men on the pitch who mostly played well on Tuesday but lost interest on Saturday. Some of them did play reasonably well, mostly in defence, but the passing was shocking. They evidently have the skills, - they showed that on Tuesday, but....You could argue that some players who could have made a difference - Fozzy, Smith, Dion, were not available, but if the rest are not interested or are full of panic it is doubtful if they would have made much difference.Immediately, Grant must play someone like Martin who has been bursting for a game and who has control and accuracy that the others did not show. I think that it means that Brown and Hux must be rested, and the midfield become more balanced with Croft/Chadwick-Miller-Spillane-Lappin  encouraged to work together for a few games until they know each other and will play for each other by being available in space! Dion, on return, must be played forward to provide some attacking threat, if necessary dropping Cureton for a few games.

[quote user="Salopian"]We are all angry, and completely dumbfounded.  But whom do we blame?

Dion, on return, must be played forward to provide some attacking threat, if necessary dropping Cureton for a few games.

[/quote]

Everything else you say is correct, but Preston first game of the season Dion played up front and was dire to say the least.

THE MANAGER

he picks the team ,he motivates the team ,and its his tactics that the players play .

so please dont try and cover this up its down to the manager who is out of his depth.

Scapegoat?

You can be sure that Delia and MWJ will find one.

What a shame they don''t just look in the mirror.

For all those who are pointing the finger of blame straight at the managers door were you not the ones saying that we had a good transfer window and that we would be challenging for a play-off place this season????

Coz you are well wide of the mark yet again... a change of manager will solve absolutely nothing.

We will just get another pet monkey for the board to throw peanuts at when the January transfer window opens!!!

Open your eyes for gods sake there are only two people to blame for our current predicament... and they are the Stowmarket Two!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

For all those who are pointing the finger of blame straight at the managers door were you not the ones saying that we had a good transfer window and that we would be challenging for a play-off place this season????

Coz you are well wide of the mark yet again... a change of manager will solve absolutely nothing.

We will just get another pet monkey for the board to throw peanuts at when the January transfer window opens!!!

Open your eyes for gods sake there are only two people to blame for our current predicament... and they are the Stowmarket Two!!!

[/quote]Smudger you do not know what you are talking about. Bristol city, stoke, scunthorpe are all doing fine and they are all on a tighter budget, and have less gates than ours. The blame for our poor form has to be on grant. He picks the players, tactics etc not the board. When sheff wed scored yesterday grant went all quite and did not know what to do. Any manager with any kind of experience would of known exactly what to do. The board has got some things wrong, the main one making peter grant our manager!

make me manager.im only 14 no experience at all apart from manger games...................but i have a great knowledge of who to buy PLAYERS THAT ARE GOOD AND WILL PROBABLY COME T THE CLUB lie lebholang mokoena, lula, joao carlos, leumir, all these palyers would make a difference well a better difenrenvce than peter grant

[quote user="topoftheleague"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Smudger you do not know what you are talking about. Bristol city, stoke, scunthorpe are all doing fine and they are all on a tighter budget, and have less gates than ours. The blame for our poor form has to be on grant. He picks the players, tactics etc not the board. When sheff wed scored yesterday grant went all quite and did not know what to do. Any manager with any kind of experience would of known exactly what to do. The board has got some things wrong, the main one making peter grant our manager![/quote]

The buck stops at the top mate. You say any experienced manager would know what to do. Why then did our board go for an inexperienced one.

They picked him for the job so they should take the responsibility for it.

They have had 12 years to get it right and apart from 2004 its been a catalogue of failure. How much longer before we say enough is enough.

[quote user="topoftheleague"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Smudger you do not know what you are talking about. Bristol city, stoke, scunthorpe are all doing fine and they are all on a tighter budget, and have less gates than ours. The blame for our poor form has to be on grant. He picks the players, tactics etc not the board. When sheff wed scored yesterday grant went all quite and did not know what to do. Any manager with any kind of experience would of known exactly what to do. The board has got some things wrong, the main one making peter grant our manager![/quote]You certainly have a point TOTL The sides you mention are to name but a few who have less resources afforded them than Grant.Whilst the board has an awful lot to answer for we do still have a lot of individual talent which PG is failing to motivate and gel together.His tactics, team sheets and substitutions and of course results are I am afraid to say proving him inept despite the board.There are a number of sides in this league who are playing attractive football with less to work with than Grant has.Watching League 1 highlights this morning was more entertaining than the football we are displaying.I am the first to admit that at the start of the season was very hopefull and confident as to what PG could achieve. He sounded defeated on the radio after the game last night he would appear at a loss as to what to do next and I feel he has lost the players.I still maintain that whilst of course yes we would have liked some more quality signings, every club would, we still have some talent here that with the right direction should have us at least mid table.

we do hve a few good individual playes but it takes a team to win matches and that team isnt winning them, in my view defiantely something is wrong but i cant see y the borad at fault excpt for hiring grant, but hey if no one gives managers a chance thn how do clubs get replaecement managers whn the older lot retire, grant did well at west ham but he hasnt done so well here, like ian dowie, did well with palace but then was rubbish at charlton, and then theres roy keane and gareth southgate there young never proven m,anagers that have done well, so i cant see the problem with hiring young untried the only problem i can see is that the club havent admitted to the mistake of hiring the wrong young manager, after all thy couldve had crook and bowen, but again we dont know how well theyd of worked, the team are at fault for not playing to the standard they set at previous clubs but also grants at fault because as you said he should be choosing the players tactics and playing thm in there best positions and motivating them, and the board are at fault cos theyve not admitted they made a mistake and havent done anything about it, heres how id solve th problemgrant  demoted to assitant manager would save the need for compensationiwan bough onto coaching staff    would improve moraletilson aquired as managerhux mad captain, get his morale back and show him hes wanted more now then ever at the clubdrop doc play murray and jarvis at centre back with shax at left backbleed in the youth team now, martin should play along side hux upfront, drop brellier play russell and spillane centre midfieldand finally talk sharon and andrew turner into buy delias shares and investing 20mill into the club to clear the debt competely allowing a ffresh start, we dont need a transfer budget as i fee l the teamis quite capable of performing well and as soon as the debt is gone any profit should be split between the team to build a decent squad and ifrastructure so we can make more moneyoh and another thing id do is CUT THE NON PAYING STAFFS WAGE BILL BY HALF IF THAT MEANS 2 PEOPL DO ONE PERSONS JOB THEN SO BE IT MAKE EM EARN THERE WAGE RATHER THEN GIVING OUT DECENT WAGES FOR MONKEYS WHO CANT BE ARSED AS FOR THE ONE PERSON DOING TWO PEOPLES JOBS IVE BEEN DOING THAT WERE I WORK FOR YEARS AS THEY MADE CUT BACKS AT MY FIRM

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

"that is untrue."

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

"that is untrue."

[/quote]

So the owners of the club are not responsible for the present position of the club?

Oh deary me.

I think I''ve heard enough for today.

Goodnight all.

I see it all now. It was delia''s fault that grant made awful tactical decisions. She went into the changing room before the game and said to poor ol'' petey:"now look here mr mcmuffin. My favourite player is chris brown and If you don''t play him then I will be very angry and will throw aspareguses'' at you. Now also, just for a good laugh I want you to play him attacking midfield. Like the sixpence in the chrismas pud''. Got that? Good. If we lose I will be very mad and will put all the blame on you seeing as smuglock and cluckson are on to me. They are threating to berate my poor ol'' husband!!!"

hey everyone, i had a epithany, actually if you want to blame someone for the position the clubs in then look no further then chase, if he hadn''tof done what he did and had invested in the team we wouldnt hav drivn him out and we wouldnt have ever had delia on the board spthere it is, scapegoat found what it all boils down to is what happened 15 years ago

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]

grant  demoted to assitant manager would save the need for compensation
iwan bough onto coaching staff    would improve morale
tilson aquired as manager

[/quote]

For grant that would be constructive dismissal and would result in compensation being required,   how would Iwan improve morale other than for the fans when its players he doesnt know that are missing it and Tilson?  has he proved anthing any more than Grant?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

"that is untrue."

[/quote]

Explain?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

"that is untrue."

[/quote]

Explain?

[/quote]Explain?

Well its not rocket science mate, Squit has said its untrue that we are now in our worse position on and off the pitch for decades under Delia and co and ive asked him to explain how this is untrue.

If you blame the manager, then you''re blaming the Board that appointed him. I always said that they should have invested more in a manager when they had the funds to do it - after Worthy began his slide. The manager is the key to everything - a good manager can make average players play well and a poor manager can waste huge sums on poor players. That''s easy to say, and a good manager with experience would not only cost a lot in salary but would also want a garanteed transfer budget. And now, of course, we''re not in the position to do that any more.... When we went after O''Neill I think it was on Jimmy Armfield''s advice, and we need someone like that now - a reliable, neutral ex-pro with in-depth knowledge of League football. To my mind, that''s where we start - by getting a scouting set-up.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Well its not rocket science mate, Squit has said its untrue that we are now in our worse position on and off the pitch for decades under Delia and co and ive asked him to explain how this is untrue.[/quote]Where does he ever say that he disagrees with the fact we are in the worse position for decades. He merely disagrees (by the look of it) like me that delia cannot be blamed for everything thats going wrong at the club. Grant and many others hold some responsiblity, of course smudge doesn''t know this as he never goes to games and sees Grant is not really up to the task. I have no quarrel with you Arthur.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Well its not rocket science mate, Squit has said its untrue that we are now in our worse position on and off the pitch for decades under Delia and co and ive asked him to explain how this is untrue.[/quote]

Arthur, its a quote, its not my fault you can''t keep up.

[quote user="SUPPORT THE TUMS"]I see it all now. It was delia''s fault that grant made awful tactical decisions. She went into the changing room before the game and said to poor ol'' petey:

"now look here mr mcmuffin. My favourite player is chris brown and If you don''t play him then I will be very angry and will throw aspareguses'' at you. Now also, just for a good laugh I want you to play him attacking midfield. Like the sixpence in the chrismas pud''. Got that? Good. If we lose I will be very mad and will put all the blame on you seeing as smuglock and cluckson are on to me. They are threating to berate my poor ol'' husband!!!"
[/quote]

She and the Borard hired him, an totally unexperienced manager, an incredible risk that has failed, based on his big fat gob and the rubbish that spews from it.

Our Board fell for the gabber, muchlike they fell for Brian Blarneymeister Hamiltons Bull.  The unlucky Rioch''s Director of Football.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Well its not rocket science mate, Squit has said its untrue that we are now in our worse position on and off the pitch for decades under Delia and co and ive asked him to explain how this is untrue.[/quote]

Arthur, its a quote, its not my fault you can''t keep up.

[/quote]

Whatever squit. Your posts just seem to get more and more pointless. Big and clever? Nahh. Tedious and time wasting..........?

The responsibility for our current dire plight of course lies with the owners. It is they who appointed the directors who, in my opinion have provided such poor leadership but we are now so deep in the mire that, personally, I can’t see a way out. They left it too long before sacking Worthy and when they finally did what did they do ? They appointed an unproven manager and gave him bu—er all money to bring in new players of any quality. I feel sorry for Grant, there’s no doubting his commitment and he may well make a good manager in years to come but right now he gives the impression of someone who really does not know what to do and simply isn’t motivating the admittedly poor players in his charge. The problem is that we can sack Grant just like QPR have today sacked Gregory but who are we going to appoint in his place ? What established manager would want to come to Norwich at the moment anyway ? In any case, apparently we don’t have any money so presumably we can’t afford to sack Grant anyway let alone find the cash to attract a replacement after compensation payments to Grant,  Duffy et McAl.  IF, and I know it’s a big IF, we do sack Grant then the Board will have to find the money (time for the Turners to come through for the club ?) to bring in a manager with a proven track record and, above all, someone who will command the respect and fear of the players and get them performing without delay. My choice ? Neil Warnock but I’m not sure if he would want to come and I think out Board would be too frightened of him anyway.