Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Is Huckerby a busted flush?

In the last 2 seasons of patchy performances and inconsistent results, one thing we have always had is a threat or a potential threat from Darren Huckerby, in fact one of the few good things about watching Norwich in recent times is his runs down the left or his often sublime goals

I could be wrong but it would appear that either his motivation has gone or his legs or I''m afraid both.  We face the prospect of a team without either Huckerby or him being a 1st team regular next season, as well as Dublin.

I think either he tries to reinvent himself in the Ryan Giggs mould, as he has done when his pace has gone or we may have to cash in (in January).  If the end is immenient it would be one of the saddest things in what is already a sad season.

I''m not too worried on the Huckerby situation, sure he hasn''t found form so far this season which is a shame becaue we miss his threatening runs from the left hand side and crativeity. However how many times have we seen Huckerby useless one week and then practically win us the game the following week. Huckerby is a great player but he''s not the most consistant, there has been some talk that he should be left out of the side for Scunthorpe which IMO would be a bad move just because he is at the end of the day our most influential player on the pitch and even on the back end of some poor performances he can still pop up and make a big difference in a match.

He is a tempermental player who at this point in time looks like he has had enough of things at Carrow Road.  In any job if you are unhappy with your work it will affect your productivity morale and performance.  I don''t see why being a footballer is any different.  Hucks has gone totally off the boil, if Grant is still here at xmas time I wouldnt be surprised to see him move on and start performing again for another team in this league.

well my mate at school said that forrest want him, and if they make an high enough offer (500k-750 probley hopefully at east 1.5mill) i said he might go beacuse he not happy with team or manager atm, now fans are on his back as well

In my view the main problem with Huckerby at present is once again the manager. The reason I believe this is that when he originally joined us he had the option of joining Megson''s WBA but turned it down. The reason he gave for this was that he would never work for a manager who stood on the touchline demanding negative tactics and screaming at the players. Clearly Hucks will not respond to Grants antiquated and naive approach so, as much as it pains me to see him below par in probably his last season, I fully understand what the problem is. I only hope we get to see the best of Huckerby for the rest of the season, he and us deserve that, we will not get promoted and he alone will win us 4 or five games so he will be a first choice every time. Lets just enjoy watching one of the best wingers we have had.

Hucks is taking absolutely loads of stick on these message boards and it annoys me - he''s only getting it because people expect so much more from him than an anonymous performance. If I remember rightly on Saturday he wasn''t the only one who played badly - there were 10 other Norwich shirts on the field just as awful, but because he''s our best player and ''told it like it is'' a few weeks ago, he gets singled out for criticism.Darren Huckerby is without any shadow of a doubt the best player we have at the club. If you''d have stuck Ronaldo in the team on Saturday he''d have played awful because the entire team/formation/tactics/the lot was a shambles

[quote user="jamesg"]

I could be wrong but it would appear that either his motivation has gone.

[/quote]

Huckerby on his day is a wonderful player and was a key part of getting us promoted (along with Crouch and the criminally disregarded Harper).  That said he simply has not looked at the races so far this season.  That Huckerby is erratic or lacks motivation however should come as no great surprise - look at his career history.  He has shown flashes of brilliance eveywhere he has been but never maintained it consistently otherwise he would be a Premiership star today not knocking about with us.  If anyone could fathom why this is out they would have a hell of a player on their hands.

The trade off for having a Huckerby who can score goals like that one against Brum last season, Cardiff in our promotion season etc is accepting that every now and then you will have to accept periods of pretty average form.  As he gets older and slows down these periods are sadly likely to get longer and more frequent unfortunately. 

Maybe he needs a spell on the bench, but to write him off completely seems extreme - he is afterall the most naturally talented player at the club today and one of the few names who other team managers would be relieved to see missing from our line up.

Huckerby is a big part of the problem at our club. Why? because we all, and I mean fans, players, board, and manager expect him to do all the attacking. He is our only quality player (Dion age is why I say that). He has played no preseason he missed the first few games of the season and yet he is expected to come back a just be as good as ever.

Couple this with Grants latest statement about Russell lacking fitness. A player who did play a full preseason and who has played from the start of the season and you get a picture of where I''m coming from.

We need other players around Huckerby of quality to lighten his burden. He clearly feels the pressure you could see it on Saturday. Moving from side to side from wide to central all match trying to get the ball in dangerous positions to affect the game.

However you end up losing any shape and it becomes inaffectual.

For me and clearly for Darren he is a winger and attacking left sided midfielder. That’s where he is best and that’s where he should stay. What we don''t have is a decent attacking right midfielder or a decent attacking central midfielder or 2 good striker firing on all cylinders.

Hucks is what he is. A good manager would see that and let him be that. He wouldn''t play him out of position on the right at Wolves to accommodate a average player like Lappin!!

Having a go at Hucks is another smokescreen by people on here to back this useless manager. Hucks had the bottle to speak up now he is useless, cant fit in the formation, wants out, bad influence, WAKE UP people he is there everyday, training, playing, knows whats going on, from the inside, if he is concerned, there is no smoke without fire. you could put the best player in the world in this team he would struggle, Hucks cant be a one man band and keep carrying a bunch of losers.

No Hucherby is not a busted flush. As I commented early on he has never been injured it is the little man syndrome with Grant that is pushing another good player out of the club as he has done with other players''.

Ultimately NCFC could lose both Huckerby and Grant, although I would not lose any sleep it Grant went. 

Anyone listening to the local news today may have heard Dion''s comment regarding NCFC. He stated that the club are not performing and the fans have the right to be unhappy as they work Monday to Friday to pay to watch the team on a Saturday.

What a pity that some at NCFC could not have some of Dion''s integrity and sincerity.   

Rusty had nowhere near a full pre-season.

Huckerby played on the right away to Barnsley and was awesome. He can play either flank, or through the middle for that matter.

The problem with Huckerby is that, on his day, he''s unstoppable in this league. However, for the other days (and there are plenty of them) he just doesn''t quite do it. He''s always a ''threat'' but whether he''ll get us a goal or provide for somebody is always a doubt.

On Saturday he hit about 3/4 poor crosses when in great positions. This is nothing to do with Peter Grant shouting at him, it''s Huckerby not being good enough to put the ball in the right area.

Total nonsense. Huckerby is an employee and as an employee has to do his best to toe the party line. If he was higher up the company, then he''d have his say. But at the moment he''s just acting like a jumped-up pre-madonna in an attempt to either undermine his boss, or to gain sopme sympathy.

He needs to play better, then perhaps more people would be sympathetic.

I think the manager is useless, I also think that huckerby is bang out of line and needs a kick up the rear for his troubles.

A player as good as Hux doesn''t become a bad player overnight. My belief is that Hux and Grant don''t see eye to eye and this has affected his performance on the pitch. A new manager and a different approach could rejuvenate him. Either way, IMO he is too good a player to leave out of a team which is so lacking in any creativity and inspiration.

The difference between Ryan Giggs and Darren Huckerby is that the intelligent Giggs adapted his game as he lost his pace, but Huckerby has not done so. This could be why managers [and some fans] find him so frustrating.

Huckerby lacks motivation, and that is plain to see.

[quote user="Campbell"]

Rusty had nowhere near a full pre-season.

Huckerby played on the right away to Barnsley and was awesome. He can play either flank, or through the middle for that matter.

The problem with Huckerby is that, on his day, he''s unstoppable in this league. However, for the other days (and there are plenty of them) he just doesn''t quite do it. He''s always a ''threat'' but whether he''ll get us a goal or provide for somebody is always a doubt.

On Saturday he hit about 3/4 poor crosses when in great positions. This is nothing to do with Peter Grant shouting at him, it''s Huckerby not being good enough to put the ball in the right area.

[/quote]

Brellier, Rusty as you like to call him, Brown, Chadwick, when are they going to have their day and be unstoppable. I''ll tell you NEVER. Put the ball in the right area. I''ve watched the guy put hundreds of ball''s in the right area. The problem is the useless forwards are never in there to get on the end.

Rusty! he looks bloody rusty to me alright!