Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

hahahahahaha I just got asked by my Dad...

[quote user="Marty"]

OK then, if you think that people don''t even want free tickets then make the experiment more valid by standing outside the ground near kick off time offering a free ticked, if you get no takers i''ll eat my legs!

c''mon Norwich.

[/quote]

Quite right Marty, and if he gets no takers I''ll eat your missus'' legs - can''t say fairer than that can we !!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

I must say people, Smudger has got you hook, line and sinker....You would have thought people may have cottoned on by now, but I''ll spell it out anyway. Smudger is purely on this Message board to wind people up and so far he is succeeding. So stop taking him seriously, have a little giggle at his silliness and move on.

I think all fans want city to win tonight, including Smudger but it will only paper over the cracks and give this inept board and manager more time to take this club nowhere. I would take a loss tonight if he meant Grant was gone, more pressure was put on HRH Delia and rebuilding of this once proud club started from tomorrow but even if we get done 4-0 tonight the board will sit on their hands and we will still have people on here supporting Grant, Delia and all her cronies.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]I must say people, Smudger has got you hook, line and sinker....

You would have thought people may have cottoned on by now, but I''ll spell it out anyway. Smudger is purely on this Message board to wind people up and so far he is succeeding. So stop taking him seriously, have a little giggle at his silliness and move on.
[/quote]

There is a fine line between love and hate UEA....and as with many things you should try to read between the lines.

Smudger has been pushed beyond his limits having seen this scenario coming years ago...as did I. He has been frustrated by the foolishness of his fellow City "fans" in continuing to back a failing regime....when action taken during our Premiership humiliation would/could have altered our fate considerably.

I understand fully where he is coming from....and why he seeks short term failure for long term gain. It''s pure frustration...nothing more....and should we infact lose tonight, it may indeed bring that change nearer thus heralding a whole new beginning.....which I''m certain you and many others who know no better would enjoy.

I must admit I cant agree with you on this one Smudger - My dad and I are members as working shifts it is no point being a season ticket holder - I always go with him and value the time together as it is a great opportunity to have a one on one with him for the afternoon or evening without wives grandchildren etc being there - we do a meal at Riverside and then a couple of beers before going to the game - win lose or draw I am not bothered (although would prefer a win) because I have a great day out and value the time that I have with him just the two of us.  We will be there tonight and I have paid for the tickets but like I say win lose or draw (not bothered) just value the time

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

I will be itching for a Scunthorpe win tomorrow night to heap more pressure on our clueless board and those who have backed them over the last few years....  C''mon Scunthorpe!!!

[/quote]

Just about sums you up, we''re better off without wasters like you there.

[/quote]

Although i would never want city to lose i can certainly understand Smudges reasoning.....Ever heard the saying ''short term pain for long term gain.? I can understand his stance and its nothing to do with him being a Scummer or whatever you decide to call him for dearing to have the balls to say it as it is. These so called ''timewasters'' might be doing less damage to the club than you think CA, in fact i would say the damage is being caused a little closer to yourself then you think.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]I must say people, Smudger has got you hook, line and sinker....You would have thought people may have cottoned on by now, but I''ll spell it out anyway. Smudger is purely on this Message board to wind people up and so far he is succeeding. So stop taking him seriously, have a little giggle at his silliness and move on.[/quote]

There is a fine line between love and hate UEA....and as with many things you should try to read between the lines.

Smudger has been pushed beyond his limits having seen this scenario coming years ago...as did I. He has been frustrated by the foolishness of his fellow City "fans" in continuing to back a failing regime....when action taken during our Premiership humiliation would/could have altered our fate considerably.

I understand fully where he is coming from....and why he seeks short term failure for long term gain. It''s pure frustration...nothing more....and should we infact lose tonight, it may indeed bring that change nearer thus heralding a whole new beginning.....which I''m certain you and many others who know no better would enjoy.

[/quote]I can totally understand that Cluck, but ultimately he isn''t going to win the majority of people over like this.What if this short term failure however turns into long term failure?We all want the same thing Cluck, consistant success for the Club but what can get us to that point I do not know, our chance for it may have already been and gone. It also depends on what we define as success.

[quote user="Bomber"]I must admit I cant agree with you on this one Smudger - My dad and I are members as working shifts it is no point being a season ticket holder - I always go with him and value the time together as it is a great opportunity to have a one on one with him for the afternoon or evening without wives grandchildren etc being there - we do a meal at Riverside and then a couple of beers before going to the game - win lose or draw I am not bothered (although would prefer a win) because I have a great day out and value the time that I have with him just the two of us.  We will be there tonight and I have paid for the tickets but like I say win lose or draw (not bothered) just value the time[/quote]

Come on everyone pull yourselfs together, are we now turning this thread into some silly American Father/Son ''lets play baaaaallllll pops'' love fest!!??? Who knows what Smudge and his fathers relationship is, maybe they see each other all the time? God no wonder the old sentiments of Little old family club Norwich is so strong at our club with melodramatic  Yankee wannabes preaching the good son bible!!

Most pathetic post I have ever seen from a so-called supporter.  You are not a supporter of NCFC in any way and like all true supporters I hope we stuff Scunny tonight and go on to have a good season.

You obviously are the kind of person who likes winding other people up, which I think is incredibly sad - I think it would be a good thing if every supporter on here ignored all of your future posts, or perhaps just replied with ignore the troll.  I know you would still have you buddies who will reply, but hopefully after a while they will get bored and ignore you as well.

Come on City - hatrick for JC tonight with a couple from Hux (as a supporter, I can but be positive).

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]I must say people, Smudger has got you hook, line and sinker....

You would have thought people may have cottoned on by now, but I''ll spell it out anyway. Smudger is purely on this Message board to wind people up and so far he is succeeding. So stop taking him seriously, have a little giggle at his silliness and move on.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can totally understand that Cluck, but ultimately he isn''t going to win the majority of people over like this.

What if this short term failure however turns into long term failure?

We all want the same thing Cluck, consistant success for the Club but what can get us to that point I do not know, our chance for it may have already been and gone. It also depends on what we define as success.
[/quote]

I don''t think any of us can hope to win anybody over on here....but I hope we can try to understand what motivates people to act as they do. I don''t know Smudger...but I honestly believe he wants something better for us all....and being proactive at whatever level is surely better than watching the club die without a fight.

It''s the youngsers coming along who are the future of the club''s support....damage that severely now and they will walk away. Those of us old enough to remember better days quite reasonably want to see them return....not just for ourselves, but for everybody.

Wanting that is surely worth some short term pain isn''t it?  As for our chance having already gone?....nah...we''ll be back better and stronger than ever if we fight for things now...hopefully so your own kids will enjoy better times we all battled for.....

We deserve better....but improvement won''t happen on it''s own. We simply have to fight for it.

You have every right to your views Smudger but I don''t think you should turn down your dad just like that. Going on a free ticket is hardly breaking your principals as to not supporting the club with your money.

One day your dad won''t be there to go to the match with and you will wish you had done it. Sometimes you need to swallow your pride and do the right thing.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Most pathetic post I have ever seen from a so-called supporter.  You are not a supporter of NCFC in any way and like all true supporters I hope we stuff Scunny tonight and go on to have a good season.

You obviously are the kind of person who likes winding other people up, which I think is incredibly sad - I think it would be a good thing if every supporter on here ignored all of your future posts, or perhaps just replied with ignore the troll.  I know you would still have you buddies who will reply, but hopefully after a while they will get bored and ignore you as well.

Come on City - hatrick for JC tonight with a couple from Hux (as a supporter, I can but be positive).

[/quote]

Yeah great idea Dicky and by ignoring such posts we could just post messagers praising the way the club is going and how great everything is at CR. It would be great wouldnt it, you could even sell green and yellow tinted glasses outside the barcley before the games but the biggest earner could come from the buckets of sand you could sell so we could all bury our heads in them after yet anougher pi?@ poor performance orchastrated by a weak board with no ambition....back to the drawing board son of smith!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

Yeah great idea Dicky and by ignoring such posts we could just post messagers praising the way the club is going and how great everything is at CR. It would be great wouldnt it, you could even sell green and yellow tinted glasses outside the barcley before the games but the biggest earner could come from the buckets of sand you could sell so we could all bury our heads in them after yet anougher pi?@ poor performance orchastrated by a weak board with no ambition....back to the drawing board son of smith!

[/quote]

So, you will be cheering for a Scunny win tonight then, will you Arthur?  You seem to have a real problem with supporters supporting their clubs, which is completely alien to me.  If you think Smudger adds anything by his posts, then I''m afraid I just don''t get it. 

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Marty"]

OK then, if you think that people don''t even want free tickets then make the experiment more valid by standing outside the ground near kick off time offering a free ticked, if you get no takers i''ll eat my legs!

c''mon Norwich.

[/quote]

Quite right Marty, and if he gets no takers I''ll eat your missus'' legs - can''t say fairer than that can we !!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

to be honest (and she''d slap me for this) there''s enough for 1 each!

I know Smudge is getting pelters but i can understand his point of view, i have stated i wont go to CR till there is a change from top to bottom and to do so on a free ticket would be hypocrasy even if it was with a page three girl.

Poor Smudger once again is getting slated from the masses, just because he stands by his principles of not wanting to attend a match at Carrow Road. His loyalties and the actual team of his choice to support gets challenged once again, yet not one person has stopped to consider the fact that they could have turned up tonight, and have to endure 90 minutes sitting next to him..[;)]

[quote user="ricky knight"] I know Smudge is getting pelters but i can understand his point of view, i have stated i wont go to CR till there is a change from top to bottom and to do so on a free ticket would be hypocrasy even if it was with a page three girl.[/quote]

Hypocrisy or not, i''d watch pub footy if it was with a page three stunner (sometimes there are more important things in life than football)

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, you will be cheering for a Scunny win tonight then, will you Arthur?  You seem to have a real problem with supporters supporting their clubs, which is completely alien to me.  If you think Smudger adds anything by his posts, then I''m afraid I just don''t get it. 

[/quote]

It might be an opinion you dont like and way different to yours but its an opinion none the less and this is a forum for expressing opinions and not just the ones you happen to agree with.

[/quote]

i blame the mods that let crap like this on here. the only point to this post is to wind people up. 

Come on everyone pull yourselfs together, are we now turning this thread into some silly American Father/Son ''lets play baaaaallllll pops'' love fest!!??? Who knows what Smudge and his fathers relationship is, maybe they see each other all the time? God no wonder the old sentiments of Little old family club Norwich is so strong at our club with melodramatic  Yankee wannabes preaching the good son bible!!

HAVE A NICE DAY ARTHUR !!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

It might be an opinion you dont like and way different to yours but its an opinion none the less and this is a forum for expressing opinions and not just the ones you happen to agree with.

[/quote]

To be honest Ricky, I couldn''t possibly agree more! Perhaps you could pass this pearl of wisdom on to Smudger and Cluck because tolerance of differing viewpoints hardly seems to their word of the week. To them, anyone who disagrees with their viewpoint is a moronic sheep intent on causing the destruction/demise of NCFC. Why is anybody who doesn''t share their point of view going to be tolerant of their posts when this is the opposite of the example set by them. You reap what you sow.    

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="ricky knight"] I know Smudge is getting pelters but i can understand his point of view, i have stated i wont go to CR till there is a change from top to bottom and to do so on a free ticket would be hypocrasy even if it was with a page three girl.[/quote]

Hypocrisy or not, i''d watch pub footy if it was with a page three stunner (sometimes there are more important things in life than football)

[/quote]I''d watch womens football or indeed any football (unless she was an ipswich fan)

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brilliant, well said. There are a lot of people on here who believe that your credentials for being a TRUE supporter is never to be critical of the club.

[quote user="Smudger"]

If I would like a free ticket for tomorrow.... what a laugh!!!!

Told him "NO THANKS".... says it all about the club that it stinks so much at the moment that I am not willing to walk 10mins down the road to watch a game with my Dad for the first time in about 15years.

Told him "that I would not enjoy it so there was little point in me going really"

What a laugh they can''t even give tickets away nowadays can they????

I will be itching for a Scunthorpe win tomorrow night to heap more pressure on our clueless board and those who have backed them over the last few years....  C''mon Scunthorpe!!!

[/quote]

I never reply to Smudger''s drivel but thos was to good to miss.

''10 minute walk'' haha, that''ll be 5 min walk from Portakabin Road to Ipsh*t station and a 5 min walk from Norwich station to Carrow Road then will it?

[quote user="ellis206"]Your wanting Scunthorpe to win?? lol mate its obvious your a binner, pinkun administrators is it possible for you to ban this clown of the site? he''s clearly not a Norwich fan as i don''t think he''s ever said anything positive?

Someone whos been on this website for a while might be able to answer this.... Was Smudger around when we won the league? if so what were his opinions then? did he still think the board needed sacking?
[/quote]

No was not a memeber of the site then... but was far too busy having a whale of a time with several other City fans in Newcastle City centre (partying the night away after the 1-0 defeat that clinched us the championship).

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Your poor father. Wanted his son to go with him to a game (for free) as something nice and special, but that son refused. Is he still going? I hope so.

I am willing to admit that the board/Grant are grating on me more and more, but to refuse to go with your own dad because of the board?! And I bet you''ll blame the board for that one too. You made that decision yourself. It was a free ticket (i.e you''d be safe from contributing YOUR money to the board) and you still can''t bring yourself to think "ok dad, just this once I''ll go for you, that would be nice". He''s already paid for that ticket so the "evil" board already has your dads money to spend so what will not going achieve now?

And you''ve really topped your post off by yet again hoping the opposition win. I can understand your theory behind doing this (as you explained in the last line) but surely if we won you would at least feel alittle chuffed inside that the team achieved something?

Come on smudger, most of us are having our patience worn thin by the board and Grant but please at least re-think what you did/said to your dad. Some people aren''t lucky enough to have fathers around to ask them to football games. Just remember that.

[/quote]

We have plenty of other things to do than go to the football paint_me_yellow

I have seen concerts with him over the last year or so... share an interest in music and do chat about the footie... am surprised he is going if truth be known... last time I think was a

4-2 victory against Leeds when we were in Europe.

Have more important things to be doing at this moment in time than watching that shower of ****!!!!

[quote user="Mister Positive"]Smudger you are a complete DISGRACE how the hell could anyone who calls them self a Norwich supporter cheer on the opposition and want them to win?  I am fed up with the board and the tactically inept Grant, but love my team and would NEVER, NEVER want us to lose. Grow up Smudger or support someone else.[/quote]

Easy, have been doing it for the last two years mate (apart from around March last season when I began to think relegation could of really been on the cards with no escape).