Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

RESIGN NOW OR GET SACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your time is up PG

You never had the ability, your tactics are poor, signings even worse and we are playing dire football that will see us relegated...I think that just about sums it up. 

I am sure you will have your supporters but they have as much of a clue as you do!

OTBC

St.John (very fed up)

Agreed time to go was never a big fan but was prepared to give him a chance and all he''s proved is that he is a waste of time , grant is a clueless clown and anyone who thinks being passionate makes you a great manager like our board are clearly clueless too !

I don''t think there can be anyone, anyone at all, left, who still thinks Grant needs more time. We just lost to the worst team in the Division, and we didn''t just lose, we were completely outplayed. Leave his sacking any longer and it will leave the next manager with a bigger and bigger mess as the weeks go by.

so disapointed with the performance carry on playing like that and we will be relagated for sure the decision to take spillane of off was poor yes he had a yellow card but he was the only player for norwich that played well.  huckerby was poor as was cureton and drury, i love huckerby but i have a feeling he thinks he''s to good for the team and hes not just look at the results this season we have ahd with out him including the performance at city without him. sort it out grant this is shocking!!! 

Rite thats it ive seen enough only 8 games gone buts the season over already .Wot the hell is going on at carrow road..Mr Grant please walk away now before you do any more damage to my beloved football club. Tonites game is with out doubt the worst preformance ive seen for meny years & for all you that stand by Mr Grant you go with him ,because we will never have a team worty of winning anything.

I cant agree more.I have stuck by Grant, but that was the worst performance, we were devoid of all attacking threat, and the players had no confidence / ideas to do anything with the ball.  We need someone like Jewell or that straight away.

He has made far too many mistakes. His belief that buying a load of players who run around and get stuck in is just clueless. He can not motivate the team and has lost all respect of players and fans. I honestly believe another manager can turn this team around but thanks to his attitude they have ended up playing nagative fottball and always looking nervous.

The writing was on the wall last season but I was willing to give him another chance. I for one will not see this team play until he has gone and we have got a manager in who can be positive and motivate the team to play good football.

[quote user="gissing canary"]I cant agree more.
I have stuck by Grant, but that was the worst performance, we were devoid of all attacking threat, and the players had no confidence / ideas to do anything with the ball.  We need someone like Jewell or that straight away.

[/quote]

Agree we need a manger with experience now, not one learning his trade. If we set ourselves up like a Div 1 club, we will become a Div 1 club.

I hate to say it peeps... But I told after last week at Wolves...

This team is a disgrace.... Grant is a mistake.... Huckerby is shot...

The time for Grant to go has arrived.. or will we have to go down first Delia?

Oh dear lord that was awful. Only one who looked like having a good game was subbed!! On that performance we look to be the team everyone will want to play for an easy 3 points. If Grant goes though ( and I think he should ) who on earth would want to take this on?

[quote user="barlodona"]

huckerby was poor as was cureton and drury, i love huckerby but i have a feeling he thinks he''s to good for the team and hes not just look at the results this season we have ahd with out him including the performance at city without him.

[/quote]

Hucks simply didnt look interested tonight and was badly off the pace - mind you his history at other clubs suggests that this sort of performance/behaviour should maybe not come as a surprise.  I hope he can turn it around because he is a class act and we are going to need him at his best over the months ahead.

Bit harsh on Drury though who did make some useful tackles and blocks - in reality though it is unfair to single any one individual out for criticism as we were second best in every position.

Grant watched the midfield get overun in the second half and what did he do? He swapped the center forwards.

It was crying out for Russell to come on.

God give me strength.

He has got to go. Bad team selection yet again today.

I can''t believe how many people are getting on Huckerbys case on the radio, can nobody see that the manager has destroyed him?

This is football. Grant needs support and time. Call me ageist but these ''Grant out'' gugs are probably ''supporters'' who think we have some divine right to be in the Premiership. Well, let me tell you our true Home is THIRD DIVISION SOUTH. Get real, get loyal or shut up! 

Said this team was a disgrace before it kicked a ball in anger this season... and it ain''t soley Granty''s fault... the main perpetrators are the board (mainly Delia & MWJ''s).

The summer gave me some hope and I wanted to give him time to show what he could do with his own team. Sadly though it seems its just going from bad to worse and even with the players to come back from injury I can''t see it improving us enough to make any real impact. I think it is time for him to go but if he does the board must change dramatically too. Would you trust them to bring in someone who can turn it around? I have no bad feeling towards Grant like some. I feel sorry for him, he''s a passionate man who wants to win but just doesn''t have the managerial experience to achieve that and he really should have started lower down the leagues. With more experience I have no doubt that he could be a good manager for some one. We just don''t have the time to let him learn without causing us damage. If protests do happen, they''ve got to be aimed at the board otherwise they''ll make even more weak decisions and allow another manager to fall on his arse because he was cheap.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Grant watched the midfield get overun in the second half and what did he do? He swapped the center forwards.

God give me strength.

[/quote]

Indeed. I thought Spillane did well enough but Rossi Jarvis was a passenger, yet he still played the 90 minutes. Couldn''t understand why Lee Croft didn''t feature from the start and why Rusty didn''t make an appearance.

One year on from Worthington’s departure, & the brave new dawn of Peter Grunt finds NCFC in a worse league position than this time last year. How much longer can the most inept manager in the Championship hold on to his job? The club isn’t too big for Div 1, just ask Forest & Leeds. [:''(]

Compared to other teams our players do not seem to care or have the passion for a game (with very few exceptions)

At the end of the day they get a telling off then all drive home in their fancy cars ready for a game of golf / snooker tomorrow pocketing more in a month than I get in a year (probably and in some cases most definitely)

Maybe for a week they can sweep roads / clean drains / work in a factory just to see what a priviledged postion they are in and to see what we have to do during the week to pay their wages.

Yes Grant should go, he should never have been appointed in the first place, but he was clearly the cheaper option. But getting rid of Grant would achieve nothing if we retain the Board. The 2 Million injected by the Turners so we didn''t have to sell our players is a lie. Because we end up selling our best players and all the money is swallowed by the debt we have got ourselves in, we bid 2.5 mill for Billy Sharp, that money was never there in the first place. And then Grant who clearly knows the financial constraints he is under blows a large portion of his transfer budget on an old Jamie Cureton and an untried Czech, who I am sure will go on to be a good player eventually, FOR SOMEONE ELSE! We need to face facts, PG has his back to the wall, I actually feel sorry for him, some first managerial post eh! and while the Board remain in control, we are going nowhere, expect a relegation dogfight. Goodnight Norwich City, Delia...I hope you are proud of yourself.

I am so disappointed, to see our team sink to this level - the one bright spark for me was Spillane, I can only think he was subbed because of his yellow and to prevent him getting a red. Unbelievably, we let Sheff Wed just WALK AROUND US - well done the supporters for rallying with some vocals, but I have to say that Mr Grant, you are out of your depth sir, and you need to find a Ryman/Conference side in which to learn you managerial skills. As for the board, how can you sleep at nght???

Last time I checked Huckerby wasn''t a centre forward. You may as well put Hucks in goal and Marshall up front if you''re going to play him out of position. People say Cureton isn''t getting the service but its because Huckerby is playing in his position!
I don''t care how hard Brown works, someone who digs holes in the road works hard but he isn''t a professional footballer is he? Why is Croft constantly brought on in the last 20 minutes when he is one of our best players? With him and Lappin down each wing we can actually get some decent crosses in and with Chris Martin or Strihavka partnering Cureton we might actually get some goals.  Another thing I noticed is that none of our players looked like they wanted the ball tonight. Every 50-50 ball, Wednesday players got there first or challenged harder. This is an absolute joke.

[quote user="Gabbagabbahey"]

Compared to other teams our players do not seem to care or have the passion for a game (with very few exceptions)

At the end of the day they get a telling off then all drive home in their fancy cars ready for a game of golf / snooker tomorrow pocketing more in a month than I get in a year (probably and in some cases most definitely)

Maybe for a week they can sweep roads / clean drains / work in a factory just to see what a priviledged postion they are in and to see what we have to do during the week to pay their wages.

[/quote]

That ain''t going to help them improve their games though... because the majority of them are utter PANTS!!!

Sigh, seen my team get demolished again. Grant cannot make tactical decisions to save his life. No martin, no strihavka again, who''s gonna score Christ Brown!!!!?? Hux looked really poor today and simek had him in his pocket. Grant played a strange formation and our midfield and defence was overrun by a shody team. If we played against a decent team today we would have lost 5 or 6 nil. He has to go, the players cannot be expected to win when they are put out of position, given dreadful tactics and with poor inecouragement.

If Norwich City sack Peter Grant or not I think whatever happens we have difficult times ahead. The dark clouds of relegation I fear are looming over us. We are suffering because of this clubs obsesion with ''Prudence with Ambition''. We are suffering because of the boards attitude while in the Premiership and over the last few seasons and the total waste of the parachute payments. This club has been milked dry of talent on the football pitch over the last few years. We got rid of Worthington far too late after so much damage was done by then, and then we appointed Peter Grant.

Peter Grant is a Coach, not a manager, and that is where our problem lies. He has only so far been an assistant coach. Yes all managers have to start somewhere, but this was and is a too big a job for a coach trying his hand at his first stab at management.

As I said the problem lies in that Peter Grant is a coach not a manager.You can see it with the way he stands on the side of the pitch shouting and waving his arms about like a helicopter out of control. A manager prepares a team and sends them out onto the pitch confident he has told them all he has to tell them, or more or less, and trusts the team to get on with the job with the odd adjustment and subsitution along the way. It does seem to me and I might well be wrong that Peter Grant does not fully Trust his team to follow out his instructions.

Also the players seem so confused. Who would not be with all that shouting and pointing. Stand there, run here, move that way. Suggest the Grant has not really thought it all through. Rather clueless today playing your smallest striker down the middle, and our target man out wide!   

Poor tactics, poor signings, poor football, Prudence with Ambition, I think that this club needs a change, a big change. It''s time for brave hearts, honest assessment, real soul searching and bold decisions because the future of our football club really is at stake

[quote user="ricardo"]

God give me strength.

[/quote]

agreed ricardo! it needed someone to break the play up, get their foot on the ball and look for short passes... we wouldnt of won tonight.. but we might of got a 0-0 if Rusty had been used...

jas :)