Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

They wouldn't.......would they?

If we lose tonight it could well be PG’s last game in charge. I don’t often post rumours but I have heard from a reasonably reliable source that he was given the Sheff Wed game and tonight to turn things round, and two defeats can hardly be considered an improvement!

This time however I don’t think the sacking of the manager will placate the fans. A quick look on here shows that many posters who had previously supported the board (or, like myself, were aware of their mistakes but were not inclined to push for change) are changing their minds quite quickly. This puts huge pressure on them to choose the right man to replace PG. If they make the right choice then they may just ride this out, but the wrong choice will surely lead to protests to remove the current board.

So who will they go for? PG was given a three and a half year contract which will need paying up and this, coupled with the £7million shortfall that needs to be made up this year, means that they are unlikely to want to pay compensation to another club for their manager. A quick look around at the managers currently out of work hardly fills you with confidence either. The likes of Warnock and Jewell would never come here IMO and Martin Allen is largely unproven at this level. I can’t think of that many more out of work managers at present with the likes of Hoddle and Souness seemingly more interested in TV work these days, not that I’d want them here anyway.

So, it seems likely that we would be looking to promote from within. I can’t see the fans accepting Jim Duffy as the next manager and without a first team coach there aren’t any more candidates on the coaching staff. Have you worked out where this going yet?

So who could they find to settle the fans down and buy them some time? Who could they find within the club who were so popular that the fans would never turn on them? Who’s the most popular and respected of the current squad and who’s the only member of the current squad who could be considered a true NCFC legend?

Step forward Dion Dublin and Darren Huckerby, player managers. Like I said, they wouldn’t....... would they?

Sad state of affairs indeed Shack...but sadly sacking Grant will change nothing regarding the fundamentals.

He has brought a group of poor players together who would all have to go if we meant business.....and we have neither the funds available nor the status to attract any worthwhile new faces.

Smith and Co. will need to go first before anyone else is brought in....so it looks like Duffy will fill his shoes should Grant go.

If it is Duffy, then sod all else will change!.

Its the below standard Jocks which have caused all this anyway, including Gunny, even Worthy was Celtic!. Get rid of the lot, otherwise it the first division next seaason.

People talk about getting rid of Grant as if we are a Chelsea or Arsenal -  we have not got the money to fund any compensation payment for him - we have not got the money to go out and get a class manager who will require not only a good wage packet but money for new players - we will only end up with Duffy as the new manager which in my opinion would only get the fans more worked up - whoever comes here will still only have the players we have got now - people say we have crap players but these players are only what Grant could afford with the boards funding and so nothing will change in that respect - yes they are not playing well but in my opinion they get paid an awful lot more money than I do so should go out there and earn it

[quote user="Bomber"]People talk about getting rid of Grant as if we are a Chelsea or Arsenal -  we have not got the money to fund any compensation payment for him - we have not got the money to go out and get a class manager who will require not only a good wage packet but money for new players - we will only end up with Duffy as the new manager which in my opinion would only get the fans more worked up - whoever comes here will still only have the players we have got now - people say we have crap players but these players are only what Grant could afford with the boards funding and so nothing will change in that respect - yes they are not playing well but in my opinion they get paid an awful lot more money than I do so should go out there and earn it[/quote]

Totally agree with the comments regarding funding but, what do you want to be poor and attempting to get out of the current situation in the Championship with  a new manager or struggle on in the first Division with  the current manager?.

[quote user="Bomber"]People talk about getting rid of Grant as if we are a Chelsea or Arsenal -  we have not got the money to fund any compensation payment for him - we have not got the money to go out and get a class manager who will require not only a good wage packet but money for new players - we will only end up with Duffy as the new manager which in my opinion would only get the fans more worked up - whoever comes here will still only have the players we have got now - people say we have crap players but these players are only what Grant could afford with the boards funding and so nothing will change in that respect - yes they are not playing well but in my opinion they get paid an awful lot more money than I do so should go out there and earn it[/quote]

they are crap because Grant has no standing in the game, no contacts to shout about, nil charisma and offers nout for a player to make him want to play for him. Blimey the ones he has dont even want to play for him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Its the below standard Jocks which have caused all this anyway, including Gunny, even Worthy was Celtic!. Get rid of the lot, otherwise it the first division next seaason.

[/quote]

What the hell does any of that have to do with it, you complete ......... I bet I''m not allowed to write anything rude here, so I shan''t even bother trying. How you get away with it is beyond me.

That bloody Alex Ferguson, Kenny Dalglish, Bill Shankly, Matt Busby. You''re right Wiz, those "Jocks" will never amount to anything. What an utter ...... no, I''m not allowed am I? Ok, I''ll leave the stupidity to you.

Normally i just read posts and dont reply, find the Pinkun is a good way for an exiled fan to keep up to date, but i cannot let this one go. How can you even begin to blame this on Gunny? No genuine fan could ever say that, the man is Norwich through and through and cares more about this club than i suspect certain people on here ever will.  He''s a true legend and the fact that he''s Scottish has nothing to do with this, just as the fact that Grant is Scottish has nothing to do with the mess we are in now.  I know we all want to blame someone, i know im angry with the way the club is going but im not sure who to blame, but i am sure that you are way off the mark with this one!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

What the hell does any of that have to do with it, you complete ......... I bet I''m not allowed to write anything rude here, so I shan''t even bother trying. How you get away with it is beyond me.

That bloody Alex Ferguson, Kenny Dalglish, Bill Shankly, Matt Busby. You''re right Wiz, those "Jocks" will never amount to anything. What an utter ...... no, I''m not allowed am I? Ok, I''ll leave the stupidity to you.

[/quote]

Mooky baby...what''s the matter?

I think you''ll find the mods will pass a great deal if it is considered a valid comment.....but childish abuse directed at a fellow poster? Surely that''s just pertulance isn''t it?.....

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Mook"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mooky baby...what''s the matter?

I think you''ll find the mods will pass a great deal if it is considered a valid comment.....but childish abuse directed at a fellow poster? Surely that''s just pertulance isn''t it?.....

[/quote]

It''s bigotry bordering on racism,

nothing else. Oh, maybe stupidity too Mook

[quote user="walks on water"]

[/quote]

It''s not even the blatant racism or bigotry that bothers me - it''s just the downright WRONGness of the statement! It''s like me saying Raymond De Waard was rubbish, ALL DUTCH PLAYERS ARE USELESS!!!!

Thanks for the advice BTW cluck, Sheep, apologist, yahboo sucks, my dads bigger than your dad, etc etc. You''ve never resorted to name calling.

What was that?

Oh. Yes you have.

Gunny is indeed a legend but his job seems one for the boys, what does or has he done exactly and if he indeed has so many contacts why have these talents not be used at this level before.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="walks on water"]

[/quote]

It''s not even the blatant racism or bigotry that bothers me - it''s just the downright WRONGness of the statement! It''s like me saying Raymond De Waard was rubbish, ALL DUTCH PLAYERS ARE USELESS!!!!

Thanks for the advice BTW cluck, Sheep, apologist, yahboo sucks, my dads bigger than your dad, etc etc. You''ve never resorted to name calling.

What was that?

Oh. Yes you have.

[/quote]

If only you had a paper bag to blow into....you''d feel much better.....Me name calling? Only as a "generalisation"... and as the old saying goes...."if the cap fits wear it". I fear it''s your own insecurities that trouble you most.

Glad you appreciated the advice by the way....I''m always pleased to help. Any other problems please contact me on sheepRus@anytime.com           [Y]

of course they have compensation money this is set aside when they appointed grant.and duffy will go to belive me.the players grant bought are 2nd rate players and its down to grant to make them play as a team ,and thats why the team are not playing well because of grant.

come on you yellows

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now calm down Mooky, in the contect of NCFC, I''m spot on matey, failure to acknowledge that is, well, stupid!.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Gunny is indeed a legend but his job seems one for the boys, what does or has he done exactly and if he indeed has so many contacts why have these talents not be used at this level before.[/quote]

Apparently Ricky they have a particularly nice Shortbread in the restaurant now...thanks to Gunn''s Scottish contacts.

Can''t grumble at that can you?..........