Sign in to follow this  
bully

Scunthorpe 2nite hu will play??

So scunny 2nite hu will play?

Dion has to start upfront we need a decent target man! Keep the young boys in i thought they did

a decent job sat nite. Give hucks a free role on the left and switch him 2 the right grant! he cant play there!!

OTBC

Come on!!

for me croft is a must, think we look miles better when he is playing. he may be a bit porky but id rather he start and we look better from the off than for him to come on and try to rescue a game. dion is a must up front.

I think you''re being a bit harsh on Crofty.  He doesnt look porky at all, looks like he is in great shape and worked really hard pre season.  He must start tonight, we are a much better team going forward when he is on.

Croft has looked good recently and i would say should start. Leave Hucks on the left, Dion and Strihavka to start upfront. Would like to get Doc out, but who would replaces him? He is the biggest problem at the moment. He''s like an overweight octopus, can''t run and arms all over the place

Must win game tonight against a decent clever hard working Scunthorpe, probably the best ever Scunthorpe team they''ve produced... it''s gonna be tough for Grant and co, but it''s a must win game... without a question.

Marshall

Otsembor                        Doc  (C)                       Murray                        Drury

Croft                               Spillane                         Russell                       Lappin

Striker                           Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Brellier (if we actually have a lead to defend) , Dion (striker/defence), Huckerby (left/or right 20 mins), R.Jarvis/Chadwick/Martin (Any is fine by me)

I like this side

We will win!

think dion should start up front with jamie 2nite.

doc and murray at the back

russell and lappin with croft and huckerby on the wings

maybe spillane instead of lappin but would start with him for a bit of experience, we need it at the moment!!!!

What I find most worrying is that if you ask a dozen fans for the team we should put out tonight you wil get a dozen different asnwers. Speaks volumes for the overall lack of quality we have in the squad as your best team should be obvious. Possibly we have a couple of good players who pick themselves in their particular position but after that the sad fact is that most of the squad are much of a muchness.

Mediocrity rules ok?

Is it wise putting Dion up front? We desperately need his presence in defense. I know he is actually a striker but surely a full 90 mins for Strihavka and Cureton together is whats needed. Help out with Curetons "Big Man, Little Man" partnership.

Brown can be one of the ball boys and Doc can pass the players drinks round at half time.

I think we need stability to overcome our current issues, so Dion certainly comes in at the back. I also give Murray a chance, looks half decent at CB. Have to play Hucks, our best player, and like to see Croft start. Keep Spillane in, and give Dave the Stiker a good chunk of the game to show us what hes about, wev only seen glimpses. Therefore:

Marshall

Semmy, Dublin, Murray, Drury

Croft, Spillane, Lappin, Hucks

Striker, Cureton

This team IS good enough to beat Scunthorpe! Hopefully...

Marshall

Otsem              Donkerty            Murray           Drury

Spillane              Lappin             Huckerby

Brown

Cureton                      Strihavka

Subs - Gilks   Dublin     Croft       Jarvis        Martin

65 minutes - Brown comes off for Croft,  69 mins - Strihavka off for Dublin, 78 mins - Cureton off for Martin

Final Score 1-0 (Donkerty 87 mins). 

Attendance - 24356, turnout of 43%

"What a load of rubbish" x 1 (82 mins)

"We''re going to win the league" x 1 (90 mins)

"Peter Grant''s Green and Yellow Army" - unused

I thank you.

Marshall

Semmy Doc Murry Drury (or Lappin)

Croft Brellier Rusty Huckerby

Cureton Dion

Plenty of experience, strength and energy in midfield, pace on the flanks and two goalscorers upfront.

I think it''s time to leave Huckerby on the bench, as Grant doesn''t know how best to use him and unbalances the team trying to get the best out of him (viz Brown on the right wing) so:

Marshall

Semmy   Doc    Shackell    Drury

Croft    Russell    Spillane      Lappin

Cureton    Dion

Subs: Gilks, Brown (for Dublin when he runs out of gas), Huckerby, Martin, Brellier (he''s still not fit!)