Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Any one else feeling a bit of da ja vou!!!!

Where in this familiar situation we were in last season with Worthington.

He should have been sacked on sat night. What’s the point in saying we give him until Scunthorpe or QPR, what if we beat Scunthorpe 1-0 but were lucky (like Southampton) you can’t sack him for winning. Then what his job is safe???? Or do we give him until OPR. Does he have to win against QPR for him to keep his job????

Basically I guess what I am trying to say is he has had a year, he has not performed he should have been sacked on Saturday night!!! This completely contradicts my last post, but I wasn’t expecting us to lose to Sheff Wed!!!

We really should rename September "Lemming Month".  Then Sky could do a special on us once every year - they could hire out local artisans to make cariacatures of whoever happens to be in charge at the time, and Sky Sports News could have Delia Updates which would detail the latest ultimatum / proclamation, together with a clock in the bottom left hand corner during games which would tell us how many hours we''ve gone since scoring a goal.Martin Jol had his job saved for him last night with a comeback similar to ours against Middlesborough.  You can''t say that his players aren''t fighting for him.  Dion Dublin says that this is a happy dressing-room.  I hope we have a group of players as willing to fight as Tottenham.

it might be a happy changing room but its a talentless one, btw i am glad they are happy because the way they are playing i am miserable as hell and if they can smile and be happy with the way they are playing there is defo something wrong.

Yep, it''s all about you Ricky.

They shouldn''t be trying to make an improvement and keeping their spirits up, they should be hanging their heads in shame because they haven''t given you your money''s worth.

[quote user="ricky knight"]it might be a happy changing room but its a talentless one, btw i am glad they are happy because the way they are playing i am miserable as hell and if they can smile and be happy with the way they are playing there is defo something wrong.[/quote]

You can say that again RICKY

Mook as usual you have taken my post wrong. Its not about me, yes i am miserable as fan. I am in the entertainment business if i have a bad performance i am pxssed off and cant wait to put it right, its called professionalism, if this lot can be happy at the dross they are playing then i question them as professionals. BTW if i put in as many bad performances in my job as city in the last few months, i would be hanging my head in shame, oh yea and my bookings would dry up.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Mook as usual you have taken my post wrong. Its not about me, yes i am miserable as fan. I am in the entertainment business if i have a bad performance i am pxssed off and cant wait to put it right, its called professionalism, if this lot can be happy at the dross they are playing then i question them as professionals. BTW if i put in as many bad performances in my job as city in the last few months, i would be hanging my head in shame, oh yea and my bookings would dry up.[/quote]

I don''t think he literally means ''happy'' - I assume he means that they are still united rather than at each other''s throats.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Mook as usual you have taken my post wrong. Its not about me, yes i am miserable as fan. I am in the entertainment business if i have a bad performance i am pxssed off and cant wait to put it right, its called professionalism, if this lot can be happy at the dross they are playing then i question them as professionals. BTW if i put in as many bad performances in my job as city in the last few months, i would be hanging my head in shame, oh yea and my bookings would dry up.[/quote]

I don''t think I''ve heard anyone say they''re happy that they''re losing, or happy that they''re playing badly. Merely just that morale hasn''t dropped too much, and that they''re confident they can put the wrongs right.

Nobody is enjoying what''s happening at the moment. But IMHO you''re either part of the problem or you''re part of the solution. And too many people on here and at the ground like to cause problems rather than cause solutions.

I get sick of the endless city players churning out the same message week after week and still playing rubbish, We will do this, we will do that, when may i ask.

there is solutions but this board have not got the bottle to use them. The other solution is go to CR each week, clap and cheer like seals and do nout and end up in div1.

Yes of course, Mook, it''s the fans'' fault.

So many of the more optomistic people on this site tend to fall into this trap - yourself and Dicky come to mind - and thus undermine their position. NCFC fans are generally a very tolerant bunch - in my opinion, rather more so than fans of certain other teams - but there is a point where they are no longer happy to pay good money to watch dross week in week out.

That point, in terms of consistent footballing performances at least, was reached well over 2 years ago.

Logically, supporting poor performance isnt supporting the club itself. Please consider this the nest time you criticise the "so called fans" for expressing their discontent.

Just read the players'' comments when there''s an England game on - we''ve been apparently able to win at least 8 World Cups / European Championships (apart from the ones we accidentally didn''t qualify for). Have we done squat? NO! But they''re not going to say:

"Yeah, we''ll probably lose this one because - let''s face it - we''re a quarter final team with absolutely no bottle".

Here''s the thing to do. Don''t pay any attention to what the players say!

If a journo stuck a mic up your nose 3 times a week, you''d start to come out with the same tired, old, groomed guff. Just do what the rest of us do, and never read comments by the players!!

[quote user="waveneyblockc"]

Yes of course, Mook, it''s the fans'' fault.

So many of the more optomistic people on this site tend to fall into this trap - yourself and Dicky come to mind - and thus undermine their position. NCFC fans are generally a very tolerant bunch - in my opinion, rather more so than fans of certain other teams - but there is a point where they are no longer happy to pay good money to watch dross week in week out.

That point, in terms of consistent footballing performances at least, was reached well over 2 years ago.

Logically, supporting poor performance isnt supporting the club itself. Please consider this the nest time you criticise the "so called fans" for expressing their discontent.

[/quote]

Ouch, Ouch, someone help me, I''m being patronised to death.

I''m not an optimist, just ask my shrink. You''ll find on other posts that I think the board made a hideous choice in appointing Grant, but I gave him a chance. Now he''s had his chance, and I''m fed up. And I''ve never supported a poor performance.

However, I''m never going to hope we lose, nor am I going to boo players, nor will I chant against the team during a game. So thanks for your advice, but I think I''ll stick to doing things I believe are correct in the long term without being reactionary, knee-jerkist, or following the hoards of complaining sheep, whinging their way to nowhere.