Sign in to follow this  
DorsetCanary

Paul McVeigh......Staying or going?.

With his contract up at the end of the season is anyone else fearful of a Darren Kenton style departure? Anyone know how happy he is at Norwich these days?.

Cheers, Alex.

mcveigh wont go becuase e knows he has a place in the team with or without huckerby and crouch

No offence dirtywater, but there are other clubs in the world - a guaranteed place in the NCFC team might not be enough for an ambitious 25 year old.

I see a lot of similarities with Mullers situation a couple of seasons ago. He is a key part of the city team but he would like the chance to play at the very top level. I am not convinced that he will leave for another Div 1 team but if a premier team takes an interest then the lure may be too much.

However if we can make the most of the run of games until Huckerby leaves in december we may put ourselves in pole position for promotion and there will be no incentive for McVeigh to leave.

I think the fact that McVeigh can get a game at city is secondary - I am sure that he and his agent will be looking for an improved contract at this stage in his career, whether it is with city or with another side - however they will take their time and see how the rest of this season pans out - and NW is probably taking the same approach...

I would like to see him stay - I suspect that if there is any premier interest only the very smallest premier teams will make an offer - and that is our best hope for him to stay at the club next year.

OTBC

I recall Worthy stated, after Abbey got injured, that he had spoken to all players in Zema''s position, i.e. with 12 months left on their contracts, over the summer, about new contracts.

I guess, it''s safe to assume, talks have commenced with Paul and his agent and they are probably reserving their position until 1st January 2004, when they will be free to talk to other clubs.

It''s not particulary encouraging, but there isn''t a great deal the club can do with players in Paul''s position.

Do you think Lambert will start or bring on McVeigh Saturday?I hope he does so we can give him a great final send off, but does Lambet know about McVeigh''s history and being a big fan favourite. Does Lambet even know McVeigh played for city for all these years or does he just think Gunn signed him at the start of the season lol?

He got a decent rendition of "We love you Paul McVeigh" at Bristol Rovers on Saturday. But I think Lambert will probably put him on for a while so he can get his winner''s medal. I can''t decide if it was purely sentiment that led to him appearing, or whether Lambert is trying to decide whether to give him another year.

[quote user="Naughty Dogger "]

This thread threw me for a sec

I hope we will see a last cameo anyway

[/quote]

me too, when it started talking about zema abbey [:O]