Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Norwich v Scunthorpe - match thread

Norwich City: Marshall; Otsemobor, Murray, Doherty, Drury;

Croft, Russell, Jarvis, Huckerby; Dublin, Cureton.Subs: Gilks, Brown,

Lappin, Strihavka, Martin.Scunthorpe: Murphy, Byrne, Crosby, Butler, Youga, Taylor, Sparrow, Goodwin, Hurst, Hayes, Forte. Subs: Lillis, Iriekpen, Paterson, Cork, May.

That looks fair enough to me... I''m loving that attacking set of substitutes, too.  Certainly don''t think tonight can be 0-0 with that line-up and it feels a bit like Grant''s gone for broke here.

Come on, City!

Tell me both his legs are broken... any other reason for him not playing is unacceptable

At last, he''s dropped Brown - and hopefully that''s a 4-4-2 formation.

Is Spillane injured? Would''ve prefered him on the bench instead of Brown, and would''ve started with Dublin in place of Doherty with Strihavka or Martin up front alongside Cureton.

Nevertheless, I''m predicting a 3-1 win to city.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Norwich City: Marshall; Otsemobor, Murray, Doherty, Drury; Croft, Russell, Jarvis, Huckerby; Dublin, Cureton.
Subs: Gilks, Brown, Lappin, Strihavka, Martin.

Scunthorpe: Murphy, Byrne, Crosby, Butler, Youga, Taylor, Sparrow, Goodwin, Hurst, Hayes, Forte.
Subs: Lillis, Iriekpen, Paterson, Cork, May.

[/quote]

Have I missed something, is Spillane injured ?

Mark .Y.

[quote user="T07"]Tell me both his legs are broken... any other reason for him not playing is unacceptable
[/quote]

Not if the reason is "he was rubbish on Saturday" - even if PG did play him out of position in Centre Mid.

City starting to put some moves together, but it sounds a bit toothless at the moment...

(hoping here for a reverse of the commentator''s curse)

Does anyone else get worried when teams visiting Carrow Road have a player with the surname of a bird in their team?  I can almost see "Canaries undone by Sparrow".

Ooh - the "Doherty threat" nearly struck again there...

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

That looks fair enough to me... I''m loving that attacking set of substitutes, too.  Certainly don''t think tonight can be 0-0 with that line-up and it feels a bit like Grant''s gone for broke here.

Come on, City!

[/quote]Maybe its because we have no defensive subs.....

[quote user="benk"]That''s bizarre - BBC says it''s 62% / 38% in our favour...[/quote]

Me and CT spoke too soon so it seems... I''m keeping quiet for the rest of the game coz City have been on top since I last posted.

7 hours without a goal (shocking)... C''mon City lets make it 8 hours!!!

I just get a feeling Chris Brown will come on as sub and score, well that us cursed now!

[quote user="albyella"]do you have a link for live commentary - Radio Norfolk is not in line....[/quote]

BBC Sports live text feed here.  This link works for all Norwich games, so it might be worth bookmarking.

The pinkun could probably develop something similar if they could get a laptop into the ground, possibly you could do it by mobile phone these days.  It wouldn''t be much work.

One bit of good news ipswich 2 up now level and as bad as we have been all season we are still only three points behind the scum at the moment thats got to be something positive at this negative time..

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="albyella"]do you have a link for live commentary - Radio Norfolk is not in line....[/quote]

BBC Sports live text feed here.  This link works for all Norwich games, so it might be worth bookmarking.

The pinkun could probably develop something similar if they could get a laptop into the ground, possibly you could do it by mobile phone these days.  It wouldn''t be much work.

[/quote]Last I heard, our licence only allowed us to officially update our match reports rougly at quarter time, half time and three-quarters time during the match.How we get updates at the moment depends on page deadlines - on a Saturday the Pink ''Un report is filed every 10-15 mins and subbed as it goes along; on other days the match report comes from teh EDP, who like to take a bit more time crafting their sentences - so sometimes we get a half-time report, other times we just have to wait until the end...

[quote user="Smudger"]Can I just add C''mon you Mighty Irons... or whatever Scunthorpe are called???[/quote]Tosser !!