Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

the board are happy!!!

thats the feeling i got from a response to an e mail from doncaster today:

Neil,

please could you explain how as Mr Grant said last night, " the players did us proud!!"

a 0-0 draw against Scunthorpe at home fills me with immense pride, NOT!!!

how much longer do we long suffering fans have to put up with the bizarre comments, the silly substitutions, the playing of players out of position, (something he promised he wouldnt do when he took over) and the boring football.

i''m sorry Neil, but the board must act sooner rather than later otherwise we will find ourselves in League 1 next season, and then what will happen?

i am bracing myself for more embarassment on TV on Monday night at QPR.  i dont know how much more i can take, we are now a lot worse than we were in the end of Worthingtons reign and that was pretty low.  if you dont act soon you may find no way back with many supporters.

im sure you will say give the guy time but can we afford to? i understand that it would cost money to sack Grant but if a more experienced manager had been appointed last year things would not be this bad surely?

this reply says it all to me:

thanks for your email

i thought our players gave their all for the manager and for the shirt last night

you''ll recall that Forest and Leeds both went down in the season that they changed their manager.  appointing an ''experienced manager'' is not the panacea that you seem to think - else Roy Keane would not have been appointed as Sunderland boss and Peter Reid would not have failed at Coventry

OTBC
Neil

if they are satisfied with 0-0 against Scunthorpe we might as well all forget this club, nothing will ever change with those idiots in charge.

i know i have had disagreements with smudger in the past, but, much as it pains me to say it, i feel he is starting to talk sense, although i will not turn my back on the club, in spite of the stupid clowns who run the club!!! but thats only because i love this club, not because i am a member of "the wooly flock!"

He certainly does seem to be in full-on pisstaking mode today (see reply to Canary Ben on "No local investors" thread).  Let''s hope it''s because he knows his days are numbered . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

He certainly does seem to be in full-on pisstaking mode today (see reply to Canary Ben on "No local investors" thread).  Let''s hope it''s because he knows his days are numbered . . .

[/quote]

this is the same Cheif Exec who tried to tell me and my mate in april of last season that we were going to finish in the playoffs.. we walked off laughing and he looked genuinely upset.. the mans a fool!

jas :)

"The players gave it their all and for their shirt" from doncaster and grant said  "the players did us proud", what a complete joke! What match were they watching last night? I was at the game and thats not the game i saw. If it wasn''t for some poor finishing by scunthorpe we would of lost. We had no chances in the first half, their keeper never touched the ball! Dotherty made a huge mistake just before half time, he completely missed the ball when attempting a clearence and was left on the floor. The scunthorpe forward was clear on goal, and should of buried it but very lucky for us he put it wide.

Second half was a improvement, we actually had a couple of chances to score but scunthorpe had many chances to score too! They also hit the post before we did.

It was not a convincing display, considering we were at home, so for those who did not go, don''t be fooled by doncaster and grant''s words.

I think what they should of said is "We rode our luck quite a bit and we were lucky to go in at half time still level. The second half was a little improvement, both teams had chances, both teams hit the post and the second half was quite even".

Neil Doncaster is a utter joke, he has fobbed you off with 2 examples - Leeds, who sacked the man who got them to the play-offs, and Forest who removed Kinnear - a proven manager. Two clubs we look like emulating whilst the utterly appalling Grant is in charge.

His and the Boards failings are plain to see, even to me who has never been their fiercest critics.

As for Roy Keane - he emanated management from his playing days, had REAL contacts at clubs and is a big name to attract players.

Peter Grant appears to have a big gob that talks a load of, to put it politely, utter drivel.