Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Success, failure and honesty.

Coventry dumped out Man Utd at Old Trafford. Leicester dumped out Villa away. That''s success.

We lost ''gallantly'' at Man City. That''s failure.

Spin it how you will, that''s the truth.

Please you ''positives'' stop dumbing down expectations and eulogising ''gallant'' failure as success. That way lies trouble.

''Gallant'' failure, unlucky? Check the stats, they tell a different story - but those are just inconvenient facts, eh?

Rant over.[:)]

OTBC

Err Leicster won one nil. We could have had the same as well, they hardly dominated a weakened Aston Villa side, who are not 3rd in the league either... Man u played their kids, who are rubbish, so hardly the same is it. Both leicster and coventry both went in the match with nearly 1st choice XI too. So make of it what you will, you bore me.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Coventry dumped out Man Utd at Old Trafford. Leicester dumped out Villa away. That''s success.

Please you ''positives'' stop dumbing down expectations and eulogising ''gallant'' failure as success. That way lies trouble.

''Gallant'' failure, unlucky? Check the stats, they tell a different story - but those are just inconvenient facts, eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

i cant see one post on here that says tue night was a success, what web site you on? a good team performance, yes. a better display than sat, yes. try reading the posts and not just jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of the negative crew.

For Grant to lift the players from the Wolves no-show debacle to match a good premiership team away for most of the match in my eyes is a success. We actually showed that we have a decent performance in us, we were clear favourites to loose and if Man City had stuck 4 past us people would now be saying "Well it was to be expected", we could have won the game, should have taken it to extra time. Norwich gave a very good performance, raised the hopes of the fans, gave two promising young players a game, and found out that Murray can play quite well at center half, for those reasons I think the game was a success.

We were never going to win the league cup. We have to take what we can from the game.

[quote user="Fellas"]Err Leicster won one nil. We could have had the same as well, they hardly dominated a weakened Aston Villa side, who are not 3rd in the league either... Man u played their kids, who are rubbish, so hardly the same is it. Both leicster and coventry both went in the match with nearly 1st choice XI too. So make of it what you will, you bore me.
[/quote]Man utd''s kids are rubbish,what ever sort of dream world do you live in.How many of their so called rubbish kids would get in our first 11............erh let me think.................ABOUT 11 OF THEM.This is the sort of post that convinces the board that our fans have such low expections.Coventry beat man utd but man utd were rubbish,leicester beat villa but villa are rubbish WE LOSE ,THATS LOSE to man city but everything is going to be ok becaue we showed lots of fight.If we don''t soon start winning games we are doomed and anyone who can''t see that will obviously be the first to renew thier season tickets for div 1 next season

I was under the impression that football was about scoring more goals than the other team. Forgive me if I missed something.

It amazes me how people can twist things to suit their argument. For example, Leicester''s win is sneezed at because Villa are not 3rd in the Prem. No, they''re not, but they are a good side who happen to be managed by someone that many NCFC supporters believe is one of the best.

Another example, if the first was a bit too difficult: Man Utd''s kids are rubbish? OK, if that is true, why did we all kick up such a fuss about not being able to get Ryan Shawcross at City? Surely, as a Man Utd ''kid'' he is rubbish, right? So, however you slice it, the argument is failing to stand up. (Incidentally, the Man Utd side, although weak, still included Wes Brown, Carrick, Nani, O''Shea and Anderson.....)

Still, as long as we lose in the right way.

OTBC

[/quote]

If it''s a question with "multiple choices"........only the middle one applies to our club.

A Mickey Mouse cup as I stated before....and Ferguson will be pleased to be out of it. Lots of bluster from him in the press to please the football authorities....but he couldn''t give a monkeys in truth.

[quote user="Fellas"]Err Leicster won one nil. We could have had the same as well, they hardly dominated a weakened Aston Villa side, who are not 3rd in the league either... Man u played their kids, who are rubbish, so hardly the same is it. Both leicster and coventry both went in the match with nearly 1st choice XI too. So make of it what you will, you bore me.
[/quote] Manchester Uniteds kids are rubbish? What a bizarre claim. And, by the way, the united team contained multi million pound signings Nani and anderson, as well as Carrick, Brown and O shea, This was a good result for Coventry, give them some credit where its due.

OTBC

[/quote]

No one has celebrated a gallant defeat.  What everyone who is positive on this board has taken from the Man City game is hope.  Hope that we can play much better.  Hope that if we go down we go down fighting.  Hope that perhaps things aren''t as bad as they seem.  Hope that maybe Grant has found a team who want to play.  Hope that the young players who played so well will help drive the club on.  Hope that results will now pick up.  Thats what the performance has done, it has given people hope.

Not one person has said that we have turned the corner.  No one now thinks we are going to storm the table.  We hope that they have turned the corner, we hope that we may start moving up the table.  Judging from the performance at Man City we are right to take this hope forwards into the next game cause things today look a hell of a lot better than they did on sunday after the wolves debacle

I agree that this board, manager and group of players still have a lot to prove.  There are still nagging doubts in the back of my and probably most supporters minds.  But we HOPE that things will improve.

I am trying to say positive so that I enjoy supporting my club.  I go into every game with optimism and yes quite often I come away disappointed.  But it is chin up and positive again for the next game.  It is fun discussing tactics, formations, player line ups.  It is boring discussing the downfall of the club, who''s to blame etc etc.

You should try the happy positive stance for a change.  You never know you might actually start enjoying being a football fan again instead of the cynical, miserable bore that you are in danger of becoming. (or have already become?)

The reason for our gallant defeat being so good was according to some Man city had 25 mill of talent in their reserves, what was the man u team worth last night, difference is Coventry won, it also says, Coventry got done 4-1 the weekend beat a Man u side who did not give a rats about the league cup, same as Man City, If they did they would both put out stronger teams.

Everybody always wants it both ways I see. So man city are rubbish their multimillion pound signings rubbish and half of their first team is WORSE than man u''s kids who got beaten by coventry. Arsenal''s young guns hammered a first XI newcastle team.How many of their kids would get in our first team? Probably none. I''d rather have dion than any of their defenders. And our midfield. Eagles is rubbish and our strikers are better. I''d rather actually win at home to coventry than lose to them at home. OF course sorry, you''d rather have a band of losers. When the hell did I ever want shawcross? We have dublin and shax. You can hardly claim man u played anywhere near even a reserve team. Brown, Nani and Carrick all came on as subs in the second half after the damage was done.I never said coventry played their full first team, infact their forward line was their back ups, but most of the rest were first teamers minus judas in goal.Put this this way, if we can nearly keep a clean sheet against a forward line of nearl £20 million pounds, missing our 2 best CB and having an ill CM/LB whatever you call him there then I say thats damn good. I didn''t expect us to score against their defence. After all that was the same defence that has the most Clean Sheets in the prem. Of course I am wrong as per usual, we should have beaten a team 3rd in the prem on merit and coventry of course beat a great team full of superstars. Man city obviously want to progress through the cup otherwise why risk some of their key players in particular their captain Dunne who has been injury prone in the past.I give Coventry credit for their performance.Wish people would give credit to THEIR TEAM for our performance. Too much to ask of such a great fans though...

[quote user="Fellas"]Everybody always wants it both ways I see. So man city are rubbish their multimillion pound signings rubbish and half of their first team is WORSE than man u''s kids who got beaten by coventry. Arsenal''s young guns hammered a first XI newcastle team.

How many of their kids would get in our first team? Probably none. I''d rather have dion than any of their defenders. And our midfield. Eagles is rubbish and our strikers are better. I''d rather actually win at home to coventry than lose to them at home. OF course sorry, you''d rather have a band of losers. When the hell did I ever want shawcross? We have dublin and shax. You can hardly claim man u played anywhere near even a reserve team. Brown, Nani and Carrick all came on as subs in the second half after the damage was done.

I never said coventry played their full first team, infact their forward line was their back ups, but most of the rest were first teamers minus judas in goal.

Put this this way, if we can nearly keep a clean sheet against a forward line of nearl £20 million pounds, missing our 2 best CB and having an ill CM/LB whatever you call him there then I say thats damn good. I didn''t expect us to score against their defence. After all that was the same defence that has the most Clean Sheets in the prem. Of course I am wrong as per usual, we should have beaten a team 3rd in the prem on merit and coventry of course beat a great team full of superstars. Man city obviously want to progress through the cup otherwise why risk some of their key players in particular their captain Dunne who has been injury prone in the past.

I give Coventry credit for their performance.
Wish people would give credit to THEIR TEAM for our performance. Too much to ask of such a great fans though...
[/quote]

You see the problem we have folks?

This is evidently either a Delia recruit or the apprentice spinner at Carrow Road or...........

FFS.

OTBC

no ones saying norwich were sucessful the other night what people are saying that all thou we lost theyre happ that the team put in a better performance then that of saturday, all u doom and gloom merchants out there are pathetic, you say you support th club but when the club really needs you  you sit there whinging and moaning and cussing at everyone at the football club and everyone who still has faith in that things can become good, your all entitled to your opinions but most of you seem to be saying the same thing over and over even when they do play well, wat would u have had from tuesday, another dire performance like that against wolves, yes we lost so what, the fact is we lost to a club that is by standings 37 places above us in the country, yes leicster won and so did coventry but hey thats the way things go, we couldve won aswell so would u be complaining if we had probably because even tho we got a morale boosting performance and several big names like sven and several punters saying we played well then that surely must boost confidence in the team, and hey, who has actually thought that so this season the results hav been better for us when huckerby wasnt playing, yeah i know hes a legend and hes a fantastic player but lappin earnt his right to play by performing well and as soon as hucks was fit he got moved around and pushed away from obviously his better position,i for one feel that the team is having to work around hucks to much and its pushing a few of the players out, after all, the games weve drawn and won and put in better performances have actually been without hucks in the side, we seem a more stable unit when he isnt playing at th moment, sorry to say this but it might be about time for hucks to step aside or at least say to grant he needs to play up front along side say cureton who hucks can feed to, and is it me or did murphy have a good game tuesday in the cb positionie in this formation               marshallsemmy   doc   murphy   drury                 spillanecroft                              lappin                russell       cureton    huckerby 

[quote user="Fellas"]Everybody always wants it both ways I see. So man city are rubbish their multimillion pound signings rubbish and half of their first team is WORSE than man u''s kids who got beaten by coventry. Arsenal''s young guns hammered a first XI newcastle team.

How many of their kids would get in our first team? Probably none. I''d rather have dion than any of their defenders. And our midfield. Eagles is rubbish and our strikers are better. I''d rather actually win at home to coventry than lose to them at home. OF course sorry, you''d rather have a band of losers. When the hell did I ever want shawcross? We have dublin and shax. You can hardly claim man u played anywhere near even a reserve team. Brown, Nani and Carrick all came on as subs in the second half after the damage was done.

I never said coventry played their full first team, infact their forward line was their back ups, but most of the rest were first teamers minus judas in goal.

Put this this way, if we can nearly keep a clean sheet against a forward line of nearl £20 million pounds, missing our 2 best CB and having an ill CM/LB whatever you call him there then I say thats damn good. I didn''t expect us to score against their defence. After all that was the same defence that has the most Clean Sheets in the prem. Of course I am wrong as per usual, we should have beaten a team 3rd in the prem on merit and coventry of course beat a great team full of superstars. Man city obviously want to progress through the cup otherwise why risk some of their key players in particular their captain Dunne who has been injury prone in the past.

I give Coventry credit for their performance.
Wish people would give credit to THEIR TEAM for our performance. Too much to ask of such a great fans though...
[/quote]

You see the problem we have folks?

This is evidently either a Delia recruit or the apprentice spinner at Carrow Road or...........

FFS.

OTBC

[/quote]

Apprentice spinner being the operative word BlyBly...as he/she/it/Jock has some way to go before becoming remotely convincing.

Now...where''s that bucket while I have another read......[+o(]

Sigh. I don''t know if you guys understand. Delia is majority shareholder. If you want her gone buy out her shares.Typical reaction by the boo boys to anybody who actually wants the team to win a couple of matches.Oh well. Least we don''t need any of you lots at the matches to make the atmosphere worse.

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]no ones saying norwich were sucessful the other night what people are saying that all thou we lost theyre happ that the team put in a better performance then that of saturday, all u doom and gloom merchants out there are pathetic, you say you support th club but when the club really needs you  you sit there whinging and moaning and cussing at everyone at the football club and everyone who still has faith in that things can become good, your all entitled to your opinions but most of you seem to be saying the same thing over and over even when they do play well, wat would u have had from tuesday, another dire performance like that against wolves, yes we lost so what, the fact is we lost to a club that is by standings 37 places above us in the country, yes leicster won and so did coventry but hey thats the way things go, we couldve won aswell so would u be complaining if we had probably because even tho we got a morale boosting performance and several big names like sven and several punters saying we played well then that surely must boost confidence in the team,

[/quote]Thank you common sence.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, in that case, will you please stop spinning everybody else''s posts. [:@] Please show me one post on this board that says that Tuesday night''s game was a success?!?!?! Most of the posts I have read say that we showed some encouraging signs (including some decent performances by a couple of youngsters and, incidentally criticise Grant for not playing them earlier) that helped to lighten the gloom cast by last week''s awful performances. So...... go on, point out ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY, POST which eulogises Tuesday night''s game as a success.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]no ones saying norwich were sucessful the other night what people are saying that all thou we lost theyre happ that the team put in a better performance then that of saturday, all u doom and gloom merchants out there are pathetic, you say you support th club but when the club really needs you  you sit there whinging and moaning and cussing at everyone at the football club and everyone who still has faith in that things can become good, your all entitled to your opinions but most of you seem to be saying the same thing over and over even when they do play well, wat would u have had from tuesday, another dire performance like that against wolves, yes we lost so what, the fact is we lost to a club that is by standings 37 places above us in the country, yes leicster won and so did coventry but hey thats the way things go, we couldve won aswell so would u be complaining if we had probably because even tho we got a morale boosting performance and several big names like sven and several punters saying we played well then that surely must boost confidence in the team,

[/quote]Thank you common sence.[/quote]tahnk you for the reply, im still waiing for the back lash tho have you read the article about the other clubs that came down with us being in the same boat as us, kinda means that our board arent so bad its just the gulf in finances between divisions hasnt helped, difference between us, crystal palace and southampton then board wise nout, i bet if we looked at the other clubs in the championship people will see a trend forming, not every clubs has great fortunes and a wealthy sugar daddy, so the state and position isnt down to our finances from reading things about other clubs in the same financial boat as us questions have got been answered else where, and to all those who say its all spin from our board then wtf, does our board control the papers around the country, does our board control the other clubs journalist i think not, but hey teh doom and gloom merchants will stay say im a delia spinner, well to them i say READ THE FACTS THAT HAVE BEEN STATED IN REPORTS FROM OTHER CLUBS ITS NOT JUST NORWICH WHO ARE STRUGGLING FINANCIALLy SO DONT BLAME THE BOARD FOR THE WAY THE TEAM PLAYS, COS other clubs dont,

and the same report says we need new investors urgently if the current board are not prepared to put more dough in, some of us have made this arguement for months, now finally the local newspaper has caught up. They might realise Grant is not up to it next.

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]no ones saying norwich were sucessful the other night what people are saying that all thou we lost theyre happ that the team put in a better performance then that of saturday, all u doom and gloom merchants out there are pathetic, you say you support th club but when the club really needs you  you sit there whinging and moaning and cussing at everyone at the football club and everyone who still has faith in that things can become good, your all entitled to your opinions but most of you seem to be saying the same thing over and over even when they do play well, wat would u have had from tuesday, another dire performance like that against wolves, yes we lost so what, the fact is we lost to a club that is by standings 37 places above us in the country, yes leicster won and so did coventry but hey thats the way things go, we couldve won aswell so would u be complaining if we had probably because even tho we got a morale boosting performance and several big names like sven and several punters saying we played well then that surely must boost confidence in the team,

[/quote]Thank you common sence.[/quote]tahnk you for the reply, im still waiing for the back lash tho have you read the article about the other clubs that came down with us being in the same boat as us, kinda means that our board arent so bad its just the gulf in finances between divisions hasnt helped, difference between us, crystal palace and southampton then board wise nout, i bet if we looked at the other clubs in the championship people will see a trend forming, not every clubs has great fortunes and a wealthy sugar daddy, so the state and position isnt down to our finances from reading things about other clubs in the same financial boat as us questions have got been answered else where, and to all those who say its all spin from our board then wtf, does our board control the papers around the country, does our board control the other clubs journalist i think not, but hey teh doom and gloom merchants will stay say im a delia spinner, well to them i say READ THE FACTS THAT HAVE BEEN STATED IN REPORTS FROM OTHER CLUBS ITS NOT JUST NORWICH WHO ARE STRUGGLING FINANCIALLy SO DONT BLAME THE BOARD FOR THE WAY THE TEAM PLAYS, COS other clubs dont,

[/quote]Well Soton are in a worse situation than us. Their youth team has bascially kept them afloat really or we would have been looking at another leeds job. Our board aren''t great really. I don''t like doncaster but some of the other are ok. People don''t seem to understand though, while delia is majority shareholder at the club the board won''t change significantly and she won''t leave until she sells her shares. If someone bought them she''d go, she has openly admitted that last season. After all Norwich City Football Club is PLC and with that comes the risk of getting an unpopular heirachy.

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]

have you read the article about the other clubs that came down with us being in the same boat as us, kinda means that our board arent so bad its just the gulf in finances between divisions hasnt helped, difference between us, crystal palace and southampton then board wise nout, i bet if we looked at the other clubs in the championship people will see a trend forming, not every clubs has great fortunes and a wealthy sugar daddy, so the state and position isnt down to our finances from reading things about other clubs in the same financial boat as us questions have got been answered else where, and to all those who say its all spin from our board then wtf, does our board control the papers around the country, does our board control the other clubs journalist i think not, but hey teh doom and gloom merchants will stay say im a delia spinner, well to them i say READ THE FACTS THAT HAVE BEEN STATED IN REPORTS FROM OTHER CLUBS ITS NOT JUST NORWICH WHO ARE STRUGGLING FINANCIALLy SO DONT BLAME THE BOARD FOR THE WAY THE TEAM PLAYS, COS other clubs dont,

[/quote]

Neil . . . I didn''t realise you lived in Dereham [:)]

At least Palace and Southampton made it look as though they were trying.  Both of them made the playoffs.  And Palace spent £12m buying the freehold of Selhurst Park.  Are they any worse off than we are?  I doubt it.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

have you read the article about the other clubs that came down with us being in the same boat as us, kinda means that our board arent so bad its just the gulf in finances between divisions hasnt helped, difference between us, crystal palace and southampton then board wise nout, i bet if we looked at the other clubs in the championship people will see a trend forming, not every clubs has great fortunes and a wealthy sugar daddy, so the state and position isnt down to our finances from reading things about other clubs in the same financial boat as us questions have got been answered else where, and to all those who say its all spin from our board then wtf, does our board control the papers around the country, does our board control the other clubs journalist i think not, but hey teh doom and gloom merchants will stay say im a delia spinner, well to them i say READ THE FACTS THAT HAVE BEEN STATED IN REPORTS FROM OTHER CLUBS ITS NOT JUST NORWICH WHO ARE STRUGGLING FINANCIALLy SO DONT BLAME THE BOARD FOR THE WAY THE TEAM PLAYS, COS other clubs dont,

[/quote]

At least Palace and Southampton made it look as though they were trying.  Both of them made the playoffs.  And Palace spent £12m buying the freehold of Selhurst Park.  Are they any worse off than we are?  I doubt it.

[/quote]yeah and because they spent that 12 million theyve had to seel there best players to balance th books which we didnt have to do as proven in the accounts, yes i know theyve said we may still have to but lets fac so will southampton and so will palace and look at all 3 clubs, no sign of promotion from any of them same as us, so theyre no better or no worse then us, the difference being is that with palace there major share holder has a substantially larger fortune then our major share holder, they said investment was needed true, but how do we know that investment isnt coming, sharon turner has already stated theres money available for loan signings which if you read ll the reports aint cheap so wheres that money coming from , all you doom and gloom mercants harp on about is the board aint done this aint done that, well prove it, cos the accounts certainly say differentdecrease in debt      good thingdecrease in wages   good thingturners investment   good thingincreased income from non football plans   good thingincrease in ground size       good thingnon investment in playing squad      poor thingbut again with the investment in playing squad,    you all complain about lack of investment in the playing squad what would you have th board do, spend 3-4 mill on defender, 3-4 mill on striker, 3-4 mill on midfielder, yeah wise that increase overall club debt by 10 -12 mill then what happens if the team still dont get promotion, we end up reeling from those expenses unable to cope thn administration, relegation so on so forth, because thats what looms just like it did for leeds, and investing heavily in the team didnt work for palace last season, or southampton,  i for one would like to see a steady cub in the championship for a couple of seasons rebuilding the team and decreasing the debt slightly rather then seeing millions wasted, the club goes tits up and we end up in league one because of it, and as for the division goes, no one at the club has said this year will be our promotion season, theyve all said that this is a transitional season, if grant doesnt work out hes gone, and lets face it im the first to admit that this season so far has bn a bit disapointing but things can get better, we have found that the depth f our squad has improved as we have players that can cope with 90 mins from a prem side, all be it yes not man citys best 11 but there was a few internationals in that team, and the performance was a vast improvement from saturdays sham at wolves,

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Southampton and Palace are both in the same position as us. They have sold all their best players to supposedly keep them going. Surely if you are going to compare them to us this season we can say we are better than them we did beat them twice after all..... or maybe not [:)]

[quote user="Headbanger"]

I was under the impression that football was about scoring more goals than the other team. Forgive me if I missed something.

It amazes me how people can twist things to suit their argument. For example, Leicester''s win is sneezed at because Villa are not 3rd in the Prem. No, they''re not, but they are a good side who happen to be managed by someone that many NCFC supporters believe is one of the best.

Another example, if the first was a bit too difficult: Man Utd''s kids are rubbish? OK, if that is true, why did we all kick up such a fuss about not being able to get Ryan Shawcross at City? Surely, as a Man Utd ''kid'' he is rubbish, right? So, however you slice it, the argument is failing to stand up. (Incidentally, the Man Utd side, although weak, still included Wes Brown, Carrick, Nani, O''Shea and Anderson.....)

Still, as long as we lose in the right way.

[/quote]

Yes indeed and had we beaten Man City everyone would have been saying "ah but it was Man City''s reserve team!". It works both ways.

At the end of the day we lost but played well and could take some positives from the game. Of course it would have been better to have played well and won but we didn''t.

It seems to me that some so called fans wanted us to have a repeat of the Wolves fiasco so they could continue bitching. Presumably you would have preferred this?

as for the Man Utd issue - the BBC website is running a stort on how Utd have the weakest squad of the big 4.

OTBC

[/quote]

YAWN!

This really is getting beyond a joke now, fans like you will do anything they can to show the negative side of our team, even if it means talking absolute nonsense. Did you see the Man United side that played Coventry the other day? Those kids couldn''t compete at league 1 level never mind championship. Anyway it''s only the bloody league cup game we lost and it''s not as if it really matters that much given the Championship league crisis we have right now which is priority number one. As I have said before Tuesday night was all about the performance not the results, if we would of got hammered 5-0 and played very poorly (which could of happend) then we would have stood no chance going into our game against Wednesday this saturday, thankfully we played VERY WELL, and all the lads even including Doherty can be proud of themself for their efforts and it will no doubt give them all huge boost ahead of saturday. God knows they need it with fans like you.

[quote user="SUPPORT THE TEAM"]

Southampton and Palace are both in the same position as us. They have sold all their best players to supposedly keep them going. Surely if you are going to compare them to us this season we can say we are better than them we did beat them twice after all..... or maybe not [:)]
[/quote]

Yes, at the moment they are in a similar position to us, albeit above us in the table at the moment.  However they both gave promotion a shot, they both had play-off seasons - something we hailed as a failure in 2001/2002.  We havent even challenged.

And can I add, yes I do support the team, I just don''t wear those rose tinted specs.

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah and because they spent that 12 million theyve had to seel there best players to balance th books which we didnt have to do as proven in the accounts, yes i know theyve said we may still have to but lets fac so will southampton and so will palace and look at all 3 clubs, no sign of promotion from any of them same as us, so theyre no better or no worse then us, the difference being is that with palace there major share holder has a substantially larger fortune then our major share holder, they said investment was needed true, but how do we know that investment isnt coming, sharon turner has already stated theres money available for loan signings which if you read ll the reports aint cheap so wheres that money coming from , all you doom and gloom mercants harp on about is the board aint done this aint done that, well prove it, cos the accounts certainly say different

decrease in debt      good thing
decrease in wages   good thing
turners investment   good thing
increased income from non football plans   good thing
increase in ground size       good thing

non investment in playing squad      poor thing

but again with the investment in playing squad,    you all complain about lack of investment in the playing squad what would you have th board do, spend 3-4 mill on defender, 3-4 mill on striker, 3-4 mill on midfielder, yeah wise that increase overall club debt by 10 -12 mill then what happens if the team still dont get promotion, we end up reeling from those expenses unable to cope thn administration, relegation so on so forth, because thats what looms just like it did for leeds, and investing heavily in the team didnt work for palace last season, or southampton,  i for one would like to see a steady cub in the championship for a couple of seasons rebuilding the team and decreasing the debt slightly rather then seeing millions wasted, the club goes tits up and we end up in league one because of it,

and as for the division goes, no one at the club has said this year will be our promotion season, theyve all said that this is a transitional season, if grant doesnt work out hes gone, and lets face it im the first to admit that this season so far has bn a bit disapointing but things can get better, we have found that the depth f our squad has improved as we have players that can cope with 90 mins from a prem side, all be it yes not man citys best 11 but there was a few internationals in that team, and the performance was a vast improvement from saturdays sham at wolves,
[/quote]

If you could be ars*d to punctuate more people might read you meanderings.

It''s not style, it''s inconsiderate.

Me? I''ve given up.

OTBC

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, in that case, will you please stop spinning everybody else''s posts. [:@] Please show me one post on this board that says that Tuesday night''s game was a success?!?!?! Most of the posts I have read say that we showed some encouraging signs (including some decent performances by a couple of youngsters and, incidentally criticise Grant for not playing them earlier) that helped to lighten the gloom cast by last week''s awful performances. So...... go on, point out ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY, POST which eulogises Tuesday night''s game as a success.

[/quote]

Mcd.

Ever heard of ''tunnel vision syndrome''?

Almost every ''positive'' thought Tuesday''s performance a wonderful and encouraging success after Saturday''s debacle. However our club failed yet again to advance significantly in the League Cup.

This season I am taking no comfort from performances ( I can go to Yarmouth Hippodrome to watch jugglers, clowns and artistes!), my only benchmark is results. So I''ve no time for glorious failure at the moment. Sorry.

Our lot need several kicks up the a*se and holding to results, not arms around shoulders.

Want to bet that Grant will not start with both Rossi Jarvis and Spillane. He will try to hedge his bets with impenetrable logic and kick over the bucket of Tuesday''s most positive positive!

Well, I''m meandering now, so bye.

Ted must be dyeing that perm by now, eh?[:)]

OTBC

OTBC