Sign in to follow this  
All dots

Colin W_nker for me

Let''s face it, we need change and we need it fast. There must be sufficient cash to get rid of the McManagement (BG excluded) and bring in a new manager. There''s no point in bringing in another untried, unproven manager. Equally, it will have to be someone who can bring the best out of the existing poor squad given that the best we can hope for in terms of new players will be loan signings. Therefore, we are looking for someone who not only has a proven track record of squeezing the best out of players but also someone who is immediately available and, importantly, for whom we don''t have to pay compensation. IMO that man is CW.

Mr Warnock.  Hmm.Long ball game.  Likes to spend money.  Sheffield United were also one of the dirtiest teams in the championship under him, although you could say at least they were competitive.  This is the man who bought Ade Akinbiyi for 1.75 million, and Rob Hulse for 2.2 million.  I can''t see our current board sanctioning those purchases, and I can''t see Mr Warnock hanging around for long after the first refusal to spend.  A norfolk base wouldn''t be good for his media work either.

Funnily enough Sheffield Utd have been a dirty team for as long as I can remember. My CW suggestion was a bit tongue in cheek but I have to say that our situation is so blooming dire and our players so flipping poor that maybe the only way we are going to make it to the end of the season and not be relegated is to show a helluva lot more aggression. CW is a manager who could whip up some bl--dy passion and spirit in the players.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

and Rob Hulse for 2.2 million.

[/quote]

Hulse looked a steal at 2.2m in the Prem. Shame the board wouldn''t stump up when Worthy wanted him ....

[quote]Hulse looked a steal at 2.2m in the Prem. Shame the board wouldn''t stump up when Worthy wanted him ....[/quote]My point exactly.If they wouldn''t stump up the cash for Worthy for Hulse, why would they for Warnock ?  Or 1.75 m for Akinbiyi ?  On that basis, I very much doubt that Colin would apply for a job here.  Colin requires a money pit to be successful, we are not a money pit.

Well if Grant gets the sack, presumably Duffy would go with him, in which case I would give Gunny a few games as caretaker boss. When an unsuccessful or unpopular manager is fired, usually the club and the players feel like a weight has been lifted - remember PG got us back-to-back wins at Brum and WBA in his ''honeymoon period''! Gunny is an absolute legend at NCFC, would surely be able to motivate the players and fans, and even if he doesn''t do that well, after a month or two other managers might become available once the ''sack race'' swings into gear. If he does well, we could give him to the end of the season and take it from there. This is how Stuart Pearce cut his teeth, taking over short-term after Clough retired - when a club is in crisis, one of its favourite sons would surely be well qualified to steer the rudder for a while.Ince is a good shout too, although if we could get Jewell he would be about the best we could hope for right now.

Warnock is 99% to get the Palace job when Taylor gets sacked, which is what my Palace mates are praying for. They don''t like Warnock much [who does?], but he''ll do a job and can get a half decent side into the play-offs.

I could never see Warnock coming here for a variety of reasons - he wants a job in London to further his media career, hence Palace, who he happens to be good friends with Simon Jordan.

I think Ince would be a good choice too.

Given that QPR have just sacked Gregory and had a weight lifted off them plus they have brought in an ex-City player no doubt they will beat us Monday !

Let''s get shot of Smith and the Board first....then allow someone with more nous to pick their own man. That way they will be far more likely to back his judgement with cash....and in turn provide some stability for both the players brought in....and the the club.

It''s Neil Warnock for me too. He has the drive and ambition to motivate the players and steer the club up the table. Mike Newell, Paul Jewell, Paul Ince and Mickey Adams would all be good alternatives though.