Sign in to follow this  
stantheman

Who COULD we get as manager (if the worst happens)?

I don''t mean to be pessimistic, I truly don''t. But...IF we don''t get a result at QPR on Monday, PG''s position is looking very unstable indeed.IF PG were to leave in the coming few weeks, what are the options open to us? Who would you like to see take us forward?

[quote user="stantheman"]I don''t mean to be pessimistic, I truly don''t. But...

IF we don''t get a result at QPR on Monday, PG''s position is looking very unstable indeed.

IF PG were to leave in the coming few weeks, what are the options open to us? Who would you like to see take us forward?
[/quote]

and please dont say Dion cause he''s made it very clear that he''s going back to the Midlands in May because his family refuse to move down here.

PG will be gone if we lose to QPR, no doubt at all. Worthington was held onto by the board because of his past achievements, whereas Grant has no previous success to back himself up with - and even Worthy didn''t put us button of the league.Martin Allen would be my choice, but then I''m bias - I saw MK Dons play quite a bit under him and was impressed with their style of play despite a lack of quality players. Paul Jewell is the other one - or maybe even if we hang on a bit longer Steve Coppell will be available, too

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="stantheman"]I don''t mean to be pessimistic, I truly don''t. But...

IF we don''t get a result at QPR on Monday, PG''s position is looking very unstable indeed.

IF PG were to leave in the coming few weeks, what are the options open to us? Who would you like to see take us forward?
[/quote]

and please dont say Dion cause he''s made it very clear that he''s going back to the Midlands in May because his family refuse to move down here.

[/quote]

Who do you suggest then CA?....someone out of Eastenders or Coronation Street?

I suggest we stick with Grant until at least the end of Oct, its too early to be thinking of other managers yet.

P.S Dont watch Eastenders!!

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Howabout............... Blanch???? [:^)]

But then again......

[:P]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

juvenile and unnecesssary, cluck.

Jewell would never come here - he will go to a bigger and more sucessful club as and when the time comes. Dion is great, but I wouldn''t like to see him a manager - it would be asking too much.

I''ll just state what I said after Worthy was sacked; Norwich want a manager who has proven himself at a lower level and is on the way up. I suggested Newell at the time, but he may be too outspoken, plus he didn''t think Norwich were ambitious enough, which let''s face it, is still true.

The only coach that I would be pleased with is Steve Clarke if he leaves Chelsea - though I don''t think he would come here. No Jim Duffy please...

and your point is what exactly?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The state this club''s in at the minute I really don''t think it matters who we get in. We could get Jose Mourinho (who is available incidentally!) and I don''t think it would make a huge amount of difference.

Our club is ill and sacking Peter Grant would be the equivalent of treating a cancer patient by giving them a nice cup of tea.

Well for effective kick and rush and a knowledge of the championship....Warnock springs to mind.

Mind you I wonder if Aidy Boothroyd might be tempted, as the potential to get up and stay up is much greater than with watford due to the fanbase?

[/quote]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="stantheman"]I don''t mean to be pessimistic, I truly don''t. But...IF we don''t get a result at QPR on Monday, PG''s position is looking very unstable indeed.IF PG were to leave in the coming few weeks, what are the options open to us? Who would you like to see take us forward?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]But not unexpected. Or funny.Fulfils all the criteria for one of his posts really.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But not unexpected. Or funny.
Fulfils all the criteria for one of his posts really.
[/quote]

Oh well...I enjoyed it anyway   [Y]    ....and it flushed out the usual apologists nicely......

You lot do take yourselves and what you say rather too seriously you know........

Paul Jewell - No one else. I think he''d come here, decent squad, good set-up and he''s not going to get a Premier League job. He''d need to be given money to spend though. He''s a top bloke and a good, attack minded manager.

Failing Jewell I would want someone with experience and respect such as Paul Sturrock.

if we did Sack Grant.. which i hope we dont... then i''d like to see us Get David Penney.. i remeber bigging him up when worthy got the shove...

But it will be one of Delias pals... someone known personally to her who wont rock the boat and will be a glorfied "yes" man.... My Moneys on Gunn....

jas :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo I vote for CA as next City manager.... a couple of used tea bags for wages should do the trick (doubled of course for a win bonus)....  [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Howabout............... Blanch???? [:^)]

But then again......

[:P]

[/quote]

Nutty, Nutty that is very naughty young man!!!

My, my what should we do with you????

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

The state this club''s in at the minute I really don''t think it matters who we get in. We could get Jose Mourinho (who is available incidentally!) and I don''t think it would make a huge amount of difference.

Our club is ill and sacking Peter Grant would be the equivalent of treating a cancer patient by giving them a nice cup of tea.

[/quote]

Spot on SHACK.... posted something similar on here somewhere myself last night.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if we did Sack Grant.. which i hope we dont... then i''d like to see us Get David Penney.. i remeber bigging him up when worthy got the shove...

But it will be one of Delias pals... someone known personally to her who wont rock the boat and will be a glorfied "yes" man.... My Moneys on Gunn....

[/quote]

Think you could well win some money there then JAS.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Think you could well win some money there then JAS.

[/quote]

Gunny? And his magic book of contacts? They wouldn''t, would they, please tell me they wouldn''t? Shite alive, I''m worried now!

I liked Penney last time this happened, and I guess that still stands. Although he seemed to take a backwards step going to Darlington?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

IAN BEALE. He lost everything and rebuilt the beale empire from scratch and has been shot. always had a hottie on his arm too, till that thing now! lol

Warnock, Jewell and Allen are all available. I''d also look at Tilson and maybe holloway (he''s done well with plymuth), but please not dublin or anyone who lacks management experience, Grants appointment was a disaster.

As for the soap theme,

maybe Lucy Beale, she thinks Cindy''s still alive and would offer consistency and be a good appoinjtment for the board because like Grant she''s deluded!!!