Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

"it was only Scunthorpe!"

who sit 6th place in the division, have drawn with Charlton and are on good form at the moment...

ok so we didnt play well and are in the bottom 3... but is it 2 points lost or a point gained given the circumstances?

Scunthorpes results this season have been very good, and they are where they are at the monet because they deserve to be...

a 0-0 draw against one of the form teams is not to be sniffed at...

just trying to raise spirits!

jas :)

It wasn''t the worst result in the world in isolation, but put in the context of the season so far it was dreadful. We have to get at least another 45 points this season and it''s hard to see where from right now. That could all change, we could get better and have a run of form, its just hard to see at the moment. Next Mondays game is huge now, last nights result just put a load more pressure on a group of players who didn''t seem  to be able to cope with the pressure thay already had.

It was also a clean sheet against in-form strikers.  Shame that Doherty is out for several weeks with an aggravated groin strain now.  Murray and Shackell for CD vs QPR, I guess ?If we can get that creative spark in midfield, put our foot on the ball, keep possession, and find a killer pass or two, maybe even just knock it into the channels for the forwards to chase, 0-0 against form teams might become 1-0.  And then we''ll be like Derby were last season.I guess that''s what we''re all hoping for.

I was going to post virtually the same message, with exactly the same title! It smacks of arrogance when people say it''s "only" Scunthorpe, or "only" Reading or whoever. Teams standings in the game change all the time - I know everyone thinks we have a divine right to be amongst the elite, but that right has to be earned!

I think some people have underestimated Scunthorpe United, at the start of the season we would have looked at this fixture and thought anything less than 3 points is a disgrace but the way things have been going this season a point isn''t as bad as you might think against a side who are up there in the top 6 deservedly so with some very good results this season and they have proved that they are difficult side to beat. The most disappointing thing for me was the fact that we didn''t score or create many chances, were getting up to 8 hours play now without a goal and TBH with you we don''t look in the slighest bit threatening in front of goal, something has to be done to change that ASAP.