Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

who else is fed up with other teams parked in our half at FCR???

i was in the jarrold last night near the scunny fans, and first half, i got a crick in my neck watching a determined scunny team camped in our half at the river end.  apart from a small spell against soton (who should have buried us by half-time) and cardiff (where i thought we played well), we seem unable to take matches by the scruff of the neck, to control and dominate teams, and put them under the cosh in their own half.  there''s no sustained pressure - and surprise, surprise no goals.  i gave the first half to scunny, and the 2nd was honours even - end to end, sure - but no determined city spell???hux identified our failure to control games after wolves - we''re no further foward on the evidence of the games that have followed.  i remember the likes of bruce and watson totally snuffing out an opposition''s goal threat one end, and then city playing the ball around the others penalty area for what seemed like an age, gradually turning the screw until an opening arrived and a goal followed.  when we played like this, you could feel/sense a goal building.i feel sad to see teams matching us at home - no wonder we can''t get nothing away.   

I''m fed up with us being on the backfoot against teams we really should dominate at home, when you watch other teams they always seem to press the opposition more than us and hold the line much further up the pitch. We have been told for the last 3 years that we have got the players to get us out of league but they''re underperforming, more like they are performing to the best of their abilities but they simply aren''t good enough.

Yep. You are absoultely right. When teams come and play against us they find it so easy to get straight through us and we struggle to get past their first line. We miss players like holt who gave nobody anytime to play anything. He was awesome in his prime and we have missed him dearly since he got injured and then left. Another thing we miss is those players with that killer pass. I never got to saw the likes of crook etc. live but we miss players like them and even I guess players like mcveigh recently who could create chances at the drop of the hat. I feel that we miss mcveigh the most out of all the players we had during our promotion season. I feel he''s the most talented player I''ve seen at carrow road in my short life of supporting them (about 10 years). We don''t have anybody who can scare the opposition back and somebody who breaks the play up.I think when we saw that we had brellier we hoped he was a new holt but really he has looked poor. I dunno if he has got in him or not, he needs time but he has clearly not impressed and we do need some pro-active defending and breaking up of play.This is all irrelevant at home. We should NEVER lose at Carrow road and it sadens me deeply.