Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

He will be gone by the morning!

Have to say he''s well and truly blown it with me now as well. If the Board don''t dismiss him tomorrow, then what, exactly, are their best interests in keeping him on?

The only thing that worries me is that IF he is sacked...

Duffy will be appointed Caretaker Manager.

The club will comment on the "exceptionally high calibre" of candidates interested.

Six will be shortlisted.

Duffy narrowly loses at QPR 1-0.

Board announce Duffy is next manager, say they were "excited by his passion".

It emerges Carlton Palmer was the second choice-Board were "excited by the way he changed divisions with Stockport"

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Shame really set up to fail! We could''nt score in a brothel!

The players gave there all tonight, The board must be pressured now!!!
[/quote]

He may well be gone but unfortunately the real culprits will still be there.

unbelievable!

did any of u actually go?

Grant got it spot on tonite in temrs of Team Selection and substitutions.... Cureton might as well not of been on the pitch and he''d of contributed more! Martin was the right replacement.

ok so we didnt win and we didnt play well, but then Scunthorpe werent exactly playing for anything but a point were they?

we didnt derserve to win and neither did they.. we need too improve in all areas still but Grant got it right with the selection tonight and hopefully will do with QPR too.

jas :)

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Shame really set up to fail! We could''nt score in a brothel!

The players gave there all tonight, The board must be pressured now!!!
[/quote]

He may well be gone but unfortunately the real culprits will still be there.

[/quote]

It seems that the majority still can''t see that though RICARDO.

Getting rid of Grant will be about as much use as an under water fart if the current boardroom are allowed to continue as usual!!!

There is no way he will be gone in the Morning, I know things are bad but they will have to get worse over at least 5-6 games before the Board moves.

The Muppets on the Board after all gave the bloke a 3 3/4 year contract in his first job!!! Wenger, Ferguson etc etc would be pleased to get such a long contract.

If he is on say 400,000 a year then it we have to pay him over a million to get rid unless there is some clause we don''t know about.  That really be ironic to have a release clause after the nonsense with Earnshaw and Etuhu, but I''m afraid is unlikely.

The real culprits are Munby and Doomy, with Smith and Wyn-Jones not too far behind.

Grant nor the board have a clue, see no evil hear no evil.

The plot has long been lost, and without massive changes to the structure of the club, goodnight Vienna

Bottom 3 at the moment, once your there it''s very hard to get out.

I feel we are league one all the way

Three reasons why we stayed up last season

1, Earnshaw - first half of the season

2. Huckerby - second half of the season

3. Dublin - for all of his contribution

Earnshaw is gone, and Hucks is way off the pace at the mo and does not look fit, Dublin is almost 39 and still far and away our best player.

HMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN - Grant has royally screwed up

[quote user="C.T "]I sure hope so, this game was either going to convince me to keep the faith with Grant or its going to convince me to do opposite. The opposite it is then[/quote]

I''m getting that way too. The board/manager confidence is down to its lowest yet.

Its such a shame because I really wanted Grant to succeed and the board to get it right but it would seem things just haven''t worked out as hoped.

Grant said after this match " we dont like where we are but we''ve got to accept it ". What is there to accept ? Norwich are in decline. The manager is a moron. He has a team of players who are scared of shooting and in Cureton one player who can score. The board are ignoramuses and Grant himself is an awful manager. What else should we accept? Nothing I reckon but how about this. Firstly Grant has bought in players and still complains they are not good enough. How about the fact that he demotivates his players by making this public. How about the fact that he is a tactless idiot who is incappable of playing the media.

Lets take stock here. Grant has bought in his own players. Grant winges about said players. Is this good management?.We are in the Championship. Its all about confidence. To be honest most of the teams are equally poor. Grant lives in a dream land. What is he doing tinkering with formations. We are not United, nor Chelsea. This division is poor. What the hell is he doing picking a team for a draw away to the likes of Charlton.

The man is clueless. His buys have been poor. He is clearly an honest and hardworking manager. Lets not blame him he does his best. Unfotunately his best is VERY VERY POOR.

This is so bad somehting has to give. Please let it not be our championship status and instead Grant and the board

Sort it out Delia

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

unbelievable!

Grant got it spot on tonite in temrs of Team Selection and substitutions.... Cureton might as well not of been on the pitch and he''d of contributed more! Martin was the right replacement.

ok so we didnt win and we didnt play well, but then Scunthorpe werent exactly playing for anything but a point were they?

we didnt derserve to win and neither did they.. we need too improve in all areas still but Grant got it right with the selection tonight and hopefully will do with QPR too.

[/quote]How can you say Grant got it right when later in your post you state we didnt deserve to win.

[quote user="robert witton"]

Grant said after this match " we dont like where we are but we''ve got to accept it ". What is there to accept ? Norwich are in decline. The manager is a moron. He has a team of players who are scared of shooting and in Cureton one player who can score. The board are ignoramuses and Grant himself is an awful manager. What else should we accept? Nothing I reckon but how about this. Firstly Grant has bought in players and still complains they are not good enough. How about the fact that he demotivates his players by making this public. How about the fact that he is a tactless idiot who is incappable of playing the media.

Lets take stock here. Grant has bought in his own players. Grant winges about said players. Is this good management?.We are in the Championship. Its all about confidence. To be honest most of the teams are equally poor. Grant lives in a dream land. What is he doing tinkering with formations. We are not United, nor Chelsea. This division is poor. What the hell is he doing picking a team for a draw away to the likes of Charlton.

The man is clueless. His buys have been poor. He is clearly an honest and hardworking manager. Lets not blame him he does his best. Unfotunately his best is VERY VERY POOR.

This is so bad somehting has to give. Please let it not be our championship status and instead Grant and the board

Sort  it out Delia

[/quote]

just get out Delia will do

A Grant quote I noted this morning really worried me...

"... I couldn''t ask for any more of my players..."

Nearly 8 hours without scoring a goal. Two off the bottom. Two league wins all season.

But...I''ll repeat it here...

"... I couldn''t ask for any more of my players..."

Isn''t that an admission of defeat, intended or not-despite where we are and what we''ve done-or haven''t-he doesn''t think his players, thats HIS players could do or be expected to do any more? An epitaph, surely? Epitaph for a broken dream.

I have been a staunch defender of the "status quo" on here for a long time and yes, there do need to be changes-or at least a severe attitude shift-from the very top downwards. Hopefully the Turner''s and colleagues of theirs will augment that, but it needs to be soon. Sadly, as a Manager -and a lot of us will have been there ourselves in our work, I know I have-you get the shit from above, you get the shit from below and the buck stops with you. Rightly or wrongly, PG, doesn''t seem to have whatever is needed, the players don''t seem able to relate to him, professionally or personally. Do you change all the players or the Manager? Its not ideal, but it seems that there is only one way.

I can''t even begin to think of a possible successor yet. I know who I''d like. But thats different from what we''d get. Besides, I think its academic, he (Grant) is more likely to get support from Delia et al today, than the sack. But all is not well, thats clear, the major problem is, and yes Smudger, you have been pointing this out for a long time, something that has hung around the club like a dark malaise for more than just this season or last, indeed, it seems now that its origins were just after we got promoted. So it''ll take a long time to put it right again.

he is tactically inept and couldnt make a decent substitution ever.  he has to go, i backed him at first but ive had enough now.  when he goes he can take the stupid chef and all her pots and pans with him!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

unbelievable!

[/quote]Rubbish, Cureton got absolutely no service, Dion tried his best but he was trying to create a full 3 course meal out of yesterday''s takeaway leftovers.The team is utter rubbish, they are not working as a unit as all and none of them have the guts to even take a shot at goal.Scunthorpe weren''t playing for 3 points no, but we SHOULD have been and we SHOULD have had some guts to go out and attack them properly.Jesus, we didnt get a shot on target till the 46th minute?!It was dire, massive change is needed at board level downwards, the sooner the better.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

unbelievable!

[/quote]How anyone can say scunthorpe played for a point is beyond me.They created more clear  cut chances than us.If thats playing for a point we must have been playing for a defeat

Rubbish, Cureton got absolutely no service, Dion tried his best but he was trying to create a full 3 course meal out of yesterday''s takeaway leftovers.
The team is utter rubbish, they are not working as a unit as all and none of them have the guts to even take a shot at goal.
Scunthorpe weren''t playing for 3 points no, but we SHOULD have been and we SHOULD have had some guts to go out and attack them properly.
Jesus, we didnt get a shot on target till the 46th minute?!

It was dire, massive change is needed at board level downwards, the sooner the better.
[/quote]

I think the bored have to give Peter Grant more of a chance before sacking him and therfore paying a likely 7 figure sum to get rid of him, he''s still very unexperianced and he hasn''t been helped with 3 of our key players leaving in the summer and I accept that he hasn''t quite got his tactics right as of yet this season and he has even admitted himself that he has yet to find the right balance, that''s why i''m still just about supporting him because I beleive he can still come good for us in the end but as of yet he has yet to find out what our strongest 11 is and how to play to our strengths, if their isn''t improvement by December than I personally would like to see him go.