Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

It sounds like solid performance on Canary Call

Unbelievable aren''t they Pete???

They sure as hell don''t live on the same planet as me... if only I could get hold of some of that cracking good stuff they must be taking!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

They sure as hell don''t live on the same planet as me... if only I could get hold of some of that cracking good stuff they must be taking!!!

[/quote]

How do you know how they played Smudger, you were on your pc for most of the evening supporting Scunthorpe [:@]

The performance was certainly an improvement on Sheff Weds and Wolves IMO. We actually played some spells of PASSING FOOTBALL would you believe. I was gob-smacked when I saw them doing it. I was even more surprised to see no Coco the Brown at all and Chris Martin brought on during the second half.

Its a shame we only drew 0-0 - just that last ball in front of goal letting us down again.

Listening to canary call made me wonder if i''d 1) been at the same game as them or2) wondering whehter the Canary Callers just make assumptions from listening to the radio or 3)whether they just havent got a clue about football. Its probably option 3 with a mixture of either 1 or 2!.

We did better than saturday, played ok for 30 minutes, but havent scored again. It only seemed good to some i suppose because saturday was so bad.

To be honest if the board dont act tomorrow,  say hello to league one.

Tonight was the usual, no idea in the final third.

Lets be honest, Scunthorpe, were shocking and no better then Sheff Wed, Palace, Cardiff.

Grant must go

He slates the midfield well hello, he signed the players to provide the imbalance that we have.

No improvement IMO - Just what we have come to expect

In one way it''s sad for me that I even turned the radio on after getting home. Canary Call is another world entirely. There was a mix of people all trying to decide if Huckerby should ever play again, despite telling the truth. There were those who thought we would reach the playoffs!!!

There were one or two who went to the game and phoned in. What could you say really, we couldn''t beat Scunthorpe at home. It''s bleak, sad and shocking and a standard which the board must not accept.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How do you know how they played Smudger, you were on your pc for most of the evening supporting Scunthorpe [:@]

[/quote]

Sorry babes, but where Smudger was last night is irrelevent. However we haven''t scored in 7 hours and 45 minutes, and are now 3rd from bottom, that Angel is highly relevent!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Sorry babes, but where Smudger was last night is irrelevent. However we haven''t scored in 7 hours and 45 minutes, and are now 3rd from bottom, that Angel is highly relevent!.

[/quote]

Sorry Wiz but I dont agree. How can Smudger debate the teams performance in last nights game when he openly admitted he was at home cheering Scunthorpe on.

You couldnt sit at home willing us to lose Wiz however bad things were and nor could I or the majority of City fans!!

For a nil - nil draw, it was a reasonably entertaining affair, with action at both ends, much better than Saturdays disgraceful effort. if only Huckerby, Dublin or Martin had hit the target at the end, we would have had a narrow and much needed win. Doherty did well, played through the pain, saved us with a magnificent tackle at the end, hurting himself in the process, and doesnt deserve to be whipping boy. Murray is clearly a better centre back than he is a left back (understatement) Croft gave his all, as did Huckerby, who was nearer his old self, and Dublin was absolutely excellent. how we miss him. That said 0-0 v scunthorpe isnt great, but at least we displayed some fight.

[quote user="cityangel"]

You couldnt sit at home willing us to lose Wiz however bad things were and nor could I or the majority of City fans!!

[/quote]

In that respect you''re 100% spot on Angel. its also why I''ve refrained from saying too much on last nights performance, apart from the pathetic result, be honest, Scunny could have scored 3 or 4 with some luck.

However.

Facts are fact, and the league tables doesn''t lie does it? and what will be the excuses next season when Peterbourgh are beating us!.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How do you know how they played Smudger, you were on your pc for most of the evening supporting Scunthorpe [:@][/quote]

I agree with him, and I was at the game.

It was dire.

Absolutely dire.

The worrying thing is, according to my Grandad, it was a marvellous performance compared to Saturday.

Absolutely awful.

Our team is a working progress, some people can''t see it because they have already thrown in the towel and believe that our club is in a relegation fight even at this early stage of the season. I think the positives are at a bare minimum right now, but were slowly seeing some signs of progress and i''m not expecting to see our team competeing for the top 2 anytime soon but I believe at the very least the players will restore some pride and get us well and truely away from the bottom 3.