Sign in to follow this  
The_Canary_90

Rossi Jarvis Corners

Jarvis'' corners last night were absolutely appalling he put all his balls to the first scunthorpe man at the near post or to the edge of the box to murray or doherty who lets face it are the worst central defensive pairing we have ever had and he laboured slower than my nan would over to the corner flag wen time was running out and people say he is a promising young player then again what alternatives do we have turd face brellier, hurry up and get back jimmy smith we need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are generally bad at all set pieces. for and against!!

How we didn''t conceed last night from set pieces I don''t know. Players seem to find so much space at the back post!!

Do we have anyone who can take free kicks and corners? Otsemobor?? Jarvis??

Every effort last night hit the wall (freekicks) or first line of defence (corners)

We need to sort this out! Can Jimmy Smith take set pieces??

Jarvis was certainly taking his time to get across for the corners I wasn''t sure whether it was constipation, tiredness or, as is the case with many youngsters, just bloody arrogance that he is to good for this team. Mind you at the end of the game I thought the whole team looked knackered just not fit enough.

We were talking about this on the way home last night.......for all the excitement they generate, can anybody seriously remember the last time we scored as the direct result of a corner??[8-)]

Lappin can actually take set-pieces well, and this has often looked about the only source of a goal recently...I''d try to have him in the team somewhere for this reason, probably at left back because he doesn''t seem to have the pace or skill to go past anyone when he plays left midfield, and this just contributes to our woeful lack of attacking options...

[quote user="Dwayne Dibley"]We were talking about this on the way home last night.......for all the excitement they generate, can anybody seriously remember the last time we scored as the direct result of a corner??[8-)][/quote]against Crystal Palace last month

[quote user="ridgeman"]Jarvis was certainly taking his time to get across for the corners I wasn''t sure whether it was constipation, tiredness or, as is the case with many youngsters, just bloody arrogance that he is to good for this team. Mind you at the end of the game I thought the whole team looked knackered just not fit enough.[/quote]

With three minutes to go  - he just did not look bothered - he should have been running to take the corner

If the team cannot be bothered - then why should we ?

agree with Hucktastic.. theres where we missed Lappin.. his dead balls are superb and i always feel we can score from them when he''s around the box...

another reason i wouldnt of played Hucks from the start last night in fact... we could of done with a Lappin corner onto Dions head.

jas :)

[quote user="Dwayne Dibley"]We were talking about this on the way home last night.......for all the excitement they generate, can anybody seriously remember the last time we scored as the direct result of a corner??[8-)][/quote]

The last goal we scored I think you will find....  if you can remember that far back!

And you are right hucktastic,  we took away our best goal threat by dropping Lappin

[quote user="Dwayne Dibley"]We were talking about this on the way home last night.......for all the excitement they generate, can anybody seriously remember the last time we scored as the direct result of a corner??[8-)][/quote]

There always seems to be some drama about 5 seconds after a City corner, when the opposition are racing up the other end of the pitch with the ball..

Good job we have some quick full backs.

Murray and Doherty worst ever defensive pairing?! 1 goal conceeded in 2 games? And Doherty still seems to have more chances than any of our midfield.

[quote user="huck tastic"][quote user="Dwayne Dibley"]We were talking about this on the way home last night.......for all the excitement they generate, can anybody seriously remember the last time we scored as the direct result of a corner??[8-)][/quote]

against Crystal Palace last month
[/quote]

[:$].....I stand corrected

Our unimaginative repertoire at both corners and especially free kicks has long been a frustrating thing for me. It''s no wonder we so rarely score from them or even create a clear chance. Jarvis'' delivery last night wasn''t great, but that wasn''t a surprise. I agree with the view that Lappin is currently our best dead ball threat, but it''s hardly enough to mean that he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

I''d like to see much more variation in set pieces because simply causing uncertainty and confusion in the opposition would lead to more chances and therefore more goals.

[quote user="Curly Yellow"]

Our unimaginative repertoire at both corners and especially free kicks has long been a frustrating thing for me. It''s no wonder we so rarely score from them or even create a clear chance. Jarvis'' delivery last night wasn''t great, but that wasn''t a surprise. I agree with the view that Lappin is currently our best dead ball threat, but it''s hardly enough to mean that he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

I''d like to see much more variation in set pieces because simply causing uncertainty and confusion in the opposition would lead to more chances and therefore more goals.

[/quote]Fair enough, but in a badly struggling team (in open play), set-pieces become absolutely vital...So, Lappin (at left back imo) should be one of the first names on the teamsheet at the moment...

[quote user="Michael Roberts"]Jarvis''s corners were poor because he has been told to take them short by the coaching staff/ manager.  He won''t change it for fear of losing his place.[/quote]

did they tell him to place them on the head of the first scunny defender?

One thing that has always really frustrated me about Norwich City in the last 5 or so years is our incapability to take good corners or set pieces and to socre goals from them, it''s not very often we celebrate a goal scored from a direct free kick or set piece, do the coach''s work on this in training or just dismiss it because you could have fooled me.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

We are generally bad at all set pieces. for and against!!

How we didn''t conceed last night from set pieces I don''t know. Players seem to find so much space at the back post!!

Do we have anyone who can take free kicks and corners? Otsemobor?? Jarvis??

Every effort last night hit the wall (freekicks) or first line of defence (corners)

We need to sort this out! Can Jimmy Smith take set pieces??

[/quote]Give safri a go oh shit he plays for southampton another one of pg cock ups.

From my lofty position in the Barclay, it looked like Dion, Doc and Murray had plans that they were using. Did anyone else see Dion hiding behind Doherty for one of the first ones?

Whatever the case, the corners were low, hard, and aimed for Dions head on the edge of the area to knock back in... however whoever it was that was meant to be getting the filcks was never actually there.

BTW Lappin is our only set piece taker aside from Fotheringham maybe, but hes definately not available. however it also seems that Otsemobor has a cracking shot on him too.

If young midfielder Rossi Jarvis was deputed by Grant to take all the corners, what does that say about the rest of the team?

OTBC

Rossi Jarvis was a disgrace last night. I lost count of the times I was screaming "For F*&^s Sake Jarvis, Look Interested". His Performance reeked of some trumped up little S*^%who''s played three games and is now convinced he''s a regular starter. I was actually surprised to see him come out for the second half. Let''s not even get me started on the lazy little idiot dawdling over to take a corner in stoppage time of BOTH the first AND second half. If you''re earning a decent amount of energy & cannot be bothered to put the effort, that''s fine, don''t expect my support you arrogant little S&^$. Your brother is crap (hence why he''s on loan @ some scottish nobodies) & you''ll go the same way. Bring back Saf.

they where actually good balls (the way they were taken) but the player didnt seem to know what he was doing, i whought if the players where on the edge of the box and ran in there could have been a very good chance, but he did put 3/4 to dublin.