Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

It's looking very desperate isn't it?

Tonight was a bit weird. First half, we were almost totally lifeless and Scunthorpe were the better side. Second half, we did play better (though it''s not saying much) and at least the players put some effort into it. We looked more dangerous and at least we created some chances and let''s face it, Dublin missed a couple of sitters. Martin was very unlucky to see his stunning shot hit the post. But we still look very unconvincing and fragile when the opposition attack - Scunthorpe caused us plenty of problems and probably should have scored themselves. I think a draw was a fair result all in all.

But this all goes to show that we are desperately short on quality. Even though we did okay (it certainly wasn''t a bad performance), we couldn''t win the game even when we were on top and it just highlights what a poor side we are. And I am really worried that now we''ve slipped into the bottom three, we won''t get out of it. We just don''t look capable of doing it.

Credit to the supporters tonight though for getting behind the team, you were brilliant. Hopefully the fans won''t be blamed anymore - our squad, management team and board simply aren''t up to the task.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Tonight was a bit weird. First half, we were almost totally lifeless and Scunthorpe were the better side. Second half, we did play better (though it''s not saying much) and at least the players put some effort into it. We looked more dangerous and at least we created some chances and let''s face it, Dublin missed a couple of sitters. Martin was very unlucky to see his stunning shot hit the post. But we still look very unconvincing and fragile when the opposition attack - Scunthorpe caused us plenty of problems and probably should have scored themselves. I think a draw was a fair result all in all.

But this all goes to show that we are desperately short on quality. Even though we did okay (it certainly wasn''t a bad performance), we couldn''t win the game even when we were on top and it just highlights what a poor side we are. And I am really worried that now we''ve slipped into the bottom three, we won''t get out of it. We just don''t look capable of doing it.

Credit to the supporters tonight though for getting behind the team, you were brilliant. Hopefully the fans won''t be blamed anymore - our squad, management team and board simply aren''t up to the task.

[/quote]

Hey buddy, couldn''t put it better myself, great post.

The whole infrastructure needs to change and like you say once in the bottom three, its very hard to get out. Worrying times indeed.

Desperately short of confidence I woudl agree with;  but there was no passion, committment or desire to win;  our success in 50/50 challenges was very poor and we were nearly always second to a loose ball (and there were a lot last night).

Can the manager change it?  I am not sure he can

As a follower of Norwich FC , I am shocked to witness the decline of what was once a formidable club - I am no football genius but there is something fundamentally wrong with our club, from Board level through to current management and players. I''m not looking to point fingers but much of what is happening now stems from poor leadership over the years. I don''t know the full history of the club, but in the early 90''s, why was the club so dominant compared to today ?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Desperately short of confidence I woudl agree with;  but there was no passion, committment or desire to win;  our success in 50/50 challenges was very poor and we were nearly always second to a loose ball (and there were a lot last night).

[/quote]

I''m not sure if there was no desire to win; I think there was (for once). The problems were lack of confidence (as you say) and a lack of ability to win the game.

We have a lower mid-table squad unfortunatly . . . in this league you need three or four quality players to pull a team together . . . i dont think fozzy or smith fit this bill although they should add an attacking threat in midfield.

I have always been so positive but its definatly turning.

For one we still dont have a first team coach WTF!!!

Striker and Martin up front also.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

Dear chap, desperate is when you are away to Forest Green and wondering where the hell that is.

Near Stroud is the answer.  Been there, done that, survived it, still supporting the same club.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

Dear chap, desperate is when you are away to Forest Green and wondering where the hell that is.

Near Stroud is the answer.  Been there, done that, survived it, still supporting the same club.

[/quote]

I suppose it is if you''re Colchester . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

heheehe very well put Mystic.... [Y] couldn''t of put it better myself!!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

I would agree with most of this. I felt we started out full of fear and on the back foot in a game where we needed to score first and the three points was everything. We did get better but I never saw any belief that we could win the game. The improvement on recent performances was I felt because we had Dublin back. He seems to have respect of all the players, when he is not there we look less like a team to me.

The other point that was mentioned on this thread that I do not understand is why we have no coach! We had corners last night but they were poor, delivery was poor and because Doherty was injured we had no real threat.

Can the manager change it? I am not sure either but I am not even sure what he can change or what the real problem is. It''s a sure bet a coach would help and he can change that!

mystic megson wrote:

camuldonum wrote:

heheehe very well put Mystic.... Yes [Y] couldn''t of put it better myself!!!

Run Camuldonum the Troll has woken up !

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The other point that was mentioned on this thread that I do not understand is why we have no coach! We had corners last night but they were poor, delivery was poor and because Doherty was injured we had no real threat.

[/quote] no coach, its now laughable, we have an inexperienced msnsger snd s failed manager running our first team squad!! As for Donk, what is worse - offering no threat at corners or watching a player blaze good chances over the bar and wide EVERY time.... and when I say every time, has he actually hit the target this season at all??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] no coach, its now laughable, we have an inexperienced msnsger snd s failed manager running our first team squad!! As for Donk, what is worse - offering no threat at corners or watching a player blaze good chances over the bar and wide EVERY time.... and when I say every time, has he actually hit the target this season at all??

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] no coach, its now laughable, we have an inexperienced msnsger snd s failed manager running our first team squad!! As for Donk, what is worse - offering no threat at corners or watching a player blaze good chances over the bar and wide EVERY time.... and when I say every time, has he actually hit the target this season at all??[/quote]

You really should take more medication before you read my posts [:''(] You will end up making yourself ill [+o(]

With Doherty not being able to challenge and sometimes having to stay back we had no threat from corners. I didn''t say thats why we didnt score or that Doc would have scored. I was just saying that with him staying back or being unable to challenge we offered no threat at all and IMO a coach could rectify this. Doherty may have missed those chances but there were no chances to miss without him. Our corners last night were woefull.

Take a chill pill [:|]

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

mystic megson wrote:

camuldonum wrote:

heheehe very well put Mystic.... Yes [Y] couldn''t of put it better myself!!!

Run Camuldonum the Troll has woken up ![/quote]

Thanks for the warning Steve.  I think I''ll be fine.  Based on the analysis by that fine scholar J.R.R. Tolkien I believe them to be "dull and slow witted". 

Smudge!! Not really sure who he supports and i dont think he even knows and as for Grant give the poor bloke a chance he at least deserves that, he took them on like this!!! Dont you all think that the players are to blame after all they are the ones that kick the ball not Grant!! We need some new players come on delia get advertising them pies!!!!