Sign in to follow this  
Swifty McVeigh

Glory in Coca-Cola - at last....?

Just thinking that as realistically we will be in the bottom half of the table most of the season, does anyone else think Worthy is gonna go for glory in the Coca Cola cup this year for a change...

I personally think he will instead of resting key players as in previous years and the result being embarrasing. If we get a good draw I think we should at least make quarters /semi''s as I don''t think the big guns will be bothered in winning it, and Id fancy us away against anyone in division one...

Come on boys, lets have another trophy - look at the final last year Bolton V Middlesboringh, We''d fancy our chances against either of these....

EUROPE HERE WE COME....

(Could you imagine it.....)

I really really hope we have a decent cup run this year, either in the coca-cola or, preferably, FA Cup. If we''re getting a hammering in the league, it could give us the oppertunity of relaxing and playing our game.

"Go for it!" I say, we can do alright in the Coca-Cola I feel. Unlike against Northampton last season! Although, if we are drawn against one of the "minnows", they would most surely raise their game in an attempt beat a "Premiership" side. It will also, allow a good rotation of the squad if we have a good Cup-run. Would also love us to do well in the F.A. Cup. "Here''s hoping!" OTBC ;~)

Don''t know about the coca cola, but have a feeling in my gut about the FA Cup.

3rd round draw:

Norwich City (Last years First Division Champions) will play........

Ipswich Town.

(Followed by much muttering by Hansen, Linekar and co......)

Can see it happening, and see the Portaloo mob winning it just to be ruddy awkward!

For once the old saying "We can concentrate on the league now" actually was the case. Hopefully this year we can get a run going, all those teams from the fizzy pop league will be well chuffed if they pull out PREMIERSHIP Norwich.

As Millwall and Sunderland demonstrated last season, a cup run is an expensive luxury these days, one I would suggest we can''t afford. Our resources are going to be stretched enough without the distraction, injuries and fixture congestion a cup run brings.

I agree with Fool here. I''d be happy if we go out as early as possible in both competitions.
We need to concentrate on the league as it''s gonna take everything we have to stay up.

Maybe if we stay up and then consolidate we could afford to try in one of the cups, but not this year.

I wouldn''t call the cups an expensive distraction. If we look at Millwall and Sunderland, I don''t think anyone really thought Millwall were good enough to go up, and as for Sunderland they lost to the best team in the play-offs and the eventual winners. Millwall earned millions of pounds for getting to the final, a fantastic day and experience for players and supporters alike AND a place in Europe next year. Obviously I would take staying up over any type of cup run, but morale can be boosted by winning games in cup competitions which we might not win in the league

It just makes me smile to think that really we don''t care one way or the other. There are fores and against, but not to be desperate for the money has just shown how times have changed.

Ipswich away, with the full FAC seat allocation, we would bring the house down!