Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

Canary Call last night, Happy, Clappy Fools

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Cluck "]

Precisely why I wouldn''t bother protesting....and why I think the club sadly needs a relegation to get rid of them. It''s more akin to being a fan of Cliff Richard or Dale Winton at NCFC these days...because they can dish up whatever crap they like...yet their fan base stays solid.

They just aren''t worth it......and only the removal of Smith will end it all.

[/quote]

So the club needs to be relegated to get rid of fans who support the team through good times (as they all joined in the Premiership season) and bad times such as now?

And only when in a division below will the "true" fans, who don''t want to be at Carrow Road at the moment because of the lack of quality football, come back?

[:^)]

[/quote]

Afraid to say it Cluck but One Flew Over is correct here... NCFC has always had too many fans that haven''t got the first clue about football or life...

They were there in the hard times under Chase in massed ranks and they are still there today.

Totally shameful people who will stand by and defend the indefensible until the bitter end!!!

[/quote]

They weren''t penned in by the cynical season ticket scam back then though....and there were plenty of casuals to keep the mix going. Kids can only get in if Mummy and Daddy can afford it now....not so years ago. Where then are the grass root supporters of the future?.....Off supporting Man. Utd. or Chelsea I suspect.........

I know

I''m sorry but 90% of the callers on there are "happy clapping", deluded, Naarfolk bumpkins who have no idea about football. I feel sorry for Neil Adams having to repeat himself to these fools!

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So just because a few retards on Canary Call were happy means that most of the fans on this board must be happy too?[/quote]

OK, i''m hardly over the moon with the result but can see the logic of finding the positives, and there are some (clean sheet, played better, draw against a form team, good center back pairing finally etc.). So if that makes me a retard then it''s dr retard to you lot.

[/quote]

It''s not finding the positives I have a problem with (and there were some), it''s people saying how we can go for the play-offs and so on. Which is plainly ridiculous.

[quote user="Wishbone"]Since when did Norwich have the right to be a successful side! Yes, we are having a poor season, but is it not clear that negativity breeds failure.....we were in the premiership 3 seasons ago. GET OVER IT!

No one at the club wants us to be in this situation (believe it or not!) and the more cynicism at Carrow Road, the harder it becomes for the players to express themselves on the pitch. You have to earn the right to be a successful team and at the moment we have some ok players and some good ones. The problem is, partly, to do with money and a lot to do with attitude......agree / disagree?
[/quote]

Well said, some people are finding it very difficult to come to terms with the fact that were not as big a club as what they think we are, people assume because were were in the Premiership 3 years ago that we should still be at the very least be challengeing for promotion every season but that''s nonsense, what right do we have to demand such high standards? And that''s why I think people like Smudger, Wiz etc are so critical about our club and demand change because they can''t accept the fact fact that the club isn''t as good as what we all want it to be, they think that by makeing the fans protest and complaing about our dire situation it will make the club change for the better but in actual fact it wont!

Just look at clubs like Notingham Forest, Leeds, Ipswich, Southampton that have all fallen over the years, it happens to clubs so get over it and just support the team and get behind them hopeing for change at some point and accept that we are the club we are.

so london canary if we go down to Div 1 thats ok is it, because its happened to other teams, i know lets go out the league like torquay, some of you really amaze me with some of the garbage you put forward, where is your pride in our club.

I was disgusted at some of the callers last night but personally I thought Terry (Terri, Teri etc) had it bang on, Grant changed a decent, well-worked side and changed it to accomodate a player who right now is off form and uninterested. Last night 90% of our chances came from Croft and Os linking up down the other side, Hucks is too well marked and right now he looks like a shadow of the Championship winning player he was a few years back. No team that played that well against man City should have been changed to accomodate a player who right now looks like he couldnt give a toss.

[quote user="ricky knight"]so london canary if we go down to Div 1 thats ok is it, because its happened to other teams, i know lets go out the league like torquay, some of you really amaze me with some of the garbage you put forward, where is your pride in our club.[/quote]

No Ricky Kinght, your missing the point still, i''m not comdomeing the clubs current state of which the fooball at this current moment in time is very poor to say the least, but some fans on here have to accept the fact that were simply not as good as we all want us to be and some fans believe that our club should be one of the best in this league which isn''t true. I''m just as angry as anyone else is about how poor our team is performaning at this moment in thime but i''m copeing with that by trying to stay positive and not turning against the club like some fans on here are. Sorry for not looking at it the way you are but that''s just my opinion even if you think it''s garbage, but I just can''t see how all this protesting and complaing about the club will do anything to help move the club in the right direction, so just get over yourself and do what you fans are surpost to do and that''s support the club noting more nothing less.

[quote user="London_Canary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]so london canary if we go down to Div 1 thats ok is it, because its happened to other teams, i know lets go out the league like torquay, some of you really amaze me with some of the garbage you put forward, where is your pride in our club.[/quote]

No Ricky Kinght, your missing the point still, i''m not comdomeing the clubs current state of which the fooball at this current moment in time is very poor to say the least, but some fans on here have to accept the fact that were simply not as good as we all want us to be and some fans believe that our club should be one of the best in this league which isn''t true. I''m just as angry as anyone else is about how poor our team is performaning at this moment in thime but i''m copeing with that by trying to stay positive and not turning against the club like some fans on here are. Sorry for not looking at it the way you are but that''s just my opinion even if you think it''s garbage, but I just can''t see how all this protesting and complaing about the club will do anything to help move the club in the right direction, so just get over yourself and do what you fans are surpost to do and that''s support the club noting more nothing less.

[/quote]

Well it sure as hell sounds like you are condoning it to me London_Canary.

You accept that we are not very good if you want to... but the truth is that the majority of City fans are very unhappy indeed with the awful football that they have had to witness for the past two years or so... it is just a shame that most of them are too polite by half to make a fuss!!!

I am well and truly sick of people like you defending the indefencible.

I haven''t turned against the club... I have turned against the fools that are running it in to the ground and the so called fans who seem to get confused about how to back a football club because they are too busy licking the ass of those who are only it''s guardains and in my opiniion do not have the best interests of the club and it''s supporters at heart.

[quote user="Smudger"]

You accept that we are not very good if you want to... but the truth is that the majority of City fans are very unhappy indeed with the awful football that they have had to witness for the past two years or so... it is just a shame that most of them are too polite by half to make a fuss!!!

I haven''t turned against the club... I have turned against the fools that are running it in to the ground and the so called fans who seem to get confused about how to back a football club because they are too busy licking the ass of those who are only it''s guardains and in my opiniion do not have the best interests of the club and it''s supporters at heart.

[/quote]

Smudger after reading several of your posts it seems from where i''m sitting that you have well and truely turned against the club, if hopeing for the opposition to beat the team you are supposed to support every game isn''t turning against the club then I don''t know what is. You think your Mr right in the way you go about supporting your team but i''m afraid your far from, pointing the finger, refuseing to turn up to games, constantly moaning and complaing about the club doesn''t do anything to getting the club moving in the right direction, if more fans were like you (if that''s what you are) there most probably wouldn''t even be a club anymore.

Just because not everyone agree''s with the nonsense you come out with, it doesn''t mean there not just as unhappy and angery at the way things have been going recently as you are. Do you think the majority of the people that turn up to games to cheer their side on to what they hope will be a victory are happy with how the season has gone so far? Of course not but they have accepted the fact that things aren''t going our way right now but they choose to turn up every week to do their duty as fans which is get behind the club and support the players wearing the shirt. Your sick of me? Well i''m sick of people like you who continue to moan and complain about everything NCFC related aswell as stay away from carrow road because it''s never going to help the club, i''m just sorry you fail to see that.

"M@®TíN ™" said:

I pleased that we played better then we did on saturday but then we hardly set a standard on saturday so it wasnt hard to be better.  

What worries me most isnt the fact we couldnt beat Scunthorpe......but that we couldnt even score past them at home.

There was a guy sat next to me last night who was saying we should be pleased that we got a draw against a team that are 6th in the league.  I see where he is coming from but we should be better then that and alot of norwich fans seem to have let their standards drop.    The draw wasnt at all acceptable and yes we controlled the game but without really hurting them.   We are gonna play teams alot better then Scunthorpe and I am concerned they are gonna beat us easily and that we are going to end up like, dare I say it......Leeds United. 

Neil Adams said last night that huckerby looked back to his best but for me he still doenst look that interested and is far too predictable. 

Our next 6 games are

Mon Oct 8 QPR (7.45pm)

A

Sat Oct 20 Bristol City

H

Tue Oct 23 Burnley (7.45pm)

A

Sat Oct 27 West Bromwich Albion

A

Sun Nov 4 Ipswich Town (12.45pm)

H

Tue Nov 6 Watford (7.45pm)

H

On the last 2 performances I cannot see us winning any of these, 3 away games are more then likely to be defeats because thats what happens to norwich away from home.  Bristol City are playing well and have a decent striker in Lee Trundle so I can see them scoring past us but I cannot say the same for us.  Scummers and Watford are very very difficult games, especially as one of them is on Sky so we can assume thats a defeat and a no show.  

Hope I cheered you up.

Good post. We really look as though we are going to lose all of them. The board need to wake up, where is the next win coming from not any of them matches thats where. We are in trouble. Deep trouble.

Nobody has a divine right to be successful but we haven''t been as good as we should have been for 3 years now and the board have much to answer for, constant underfunding of the team has left us in the situation we now find ourselves in. We have as much right to be in the prem as at least 6 of the sides who currently play there, with the right backing and an increased ground capacity we could comfortably average 35000 if we established ourselves, aim for the stars and one day you may reach them, or accept where you are and get nowhere. With the current board we are sadly more likely to end up in league 1

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="London_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger I doubt many fans are happy with the team, manager or the board right now. Where some of us may disagree is what steps or actions are needed to be taken and whether the board are standing in the way of progress on the field or not.

Obviously you are of the opinion that the board are inept and should go. Results and current league position support your cause. Where I may dither from you is that without a potential investor or takeover what can supporters do than to try and support the team right now!

You appear happy for us to lose, but without that other solution of a new board where does that leave us? I may suggest even in a worse position than we now! I am certainly not licking anyone and shudder at the thought of a famous cookery writer in front of me asking for that service!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I was disgusted at some of the callers last night but personally I thought Terry (Terri, Teri etc) had it bang on, Grant changed a decent, well-worked side and changed it to accomodate a player who right now is off form and uninterested. Last night 90% of our chances came from Croft and Os linking up down the other side, Hucks is too well marked and right now he looks like a shadow of the Championship winning player he was a few years back. No team that played that well against man City should have been changed to accomodate a player who right now looks like he couldnt give a toss.
[/quote]

I f you think Croft is a better player than Huckerby its no wonder that people are satisfied with the rubbish being served up. The guy runs into more brick walls than Desperate Dan.

As you comment Hucks is being heavily and the reason for that is because every other team knows how much danger he can cause. If there are two men on Huckerby then someone else should be free.

The day Huckerby is dropped for any of the rest of the dross in our team will be the last day I support this team and after 55years I can asure thats a promise.

*&%$ happens.  If your club gets relegated (which I hope it will not) to Division I it can''t be much worse than wrestling at Pontins, Hemsby, can it?

[quote user="ricardo"]

I f you think Croft is a better player than Huckerby its no wonder that people are satisfied with the rubbish being served up. The guy runs into more brick walls than Desperate Dan.

As you comment Hucks is being heavily and the reason for that is because every other team knows how much danger he can cause. If there are two men on Huckerby then someone else should be free.

The day Huckerby is dropped for any of the rest of the dross in our team will be the last day I support this team and after 55years I can asure thats a promise.

[/quote]

I don''t think Croft is a better player than Huckerby, not by a long shot, Im simply calling it like I saw it Tuesday night. Huckerby looked bored, uninterested, and franky like he was just going through the motions. Why play him when he''s like that when there are hungry talented youngsters sitting on the bench who must wonder how crap we have to be to get into the the squad?? When we bought on our talented youngster in the form of Chris Matrin, he immediately, with his first touch, created a goal-scoring opportunity and hit the inside of the post. Why must Grant play those who has no interest, when some of these lads would play their heart out for the side and at least give us a bit of passion for a change??