Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

Canary Call last night, Happy, Clappy Fools

I can''t believe the Happy Clappy fools that called in to canary call last night, It amazed me that 80% of callers were pleased with a draw against Scunthorpe. Just how far have our expectations slipped over the last 3 years going from beating Manchester United to last nights ''Performance'' against the MIGHTY SCUNTHORPE. Come on you lot don''t accept this sub-standard Norwich City, get off your butts make your feelings known, stay away, protest, boo the board & manager or whatever. It has also become aware to me that Grant not replacing Hunter after 2 months, no move in the loan market is not down to not finding suitable candidates but more to do with saving money, I wonder if they re-use their teabags as well

Since when did Norwich have the right to be a successful side! Yes, we are having a poor season, but is it not clear that negativity breeds failure.....we were in the premiership 3 seasons ago. GET OVER IT!No one at the club wants us to be in this situation (believe it or not!) and the more cynicism at Carrow Road, the harder it becomes for the players to express themselves on the pitch. You have to earn the right to be a successful team and at the moment we have some ok players and some good ones. The problem is, partly, to do with money and a lot to do with attitude......agree / disagree?

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

Sounds like radio filtering propaganda to me... if we tell people things are fine, then they are.

[/quote]

I was telling this to my mate last night - they have the capability to pick and choose their callers (maybe even keeping a log of previous "hyper positive" callers so they know who they are dealing with) Did anyone hear the cringeworthy part where Adams stated how it was great to hear everyone being positive about the club? They could even call games on the radio in such a way to make us sound as if we played better than we did.

I''d like to understand how drawing 0-0 at home to Scunthorpe should evoke any feelings in me other than the first stirrings of despair.

Sounds like radio filtering propaganda to me... if we tell people things are fine, then they are.

[/quote]

Got it in one.

Well said, did you hear that woman called Terry on there slagging Hucks off............. Some people havent got a clue!!!

"Its a mans Game"

I pleased that we played better then we did on saturday but then we hardly set a standard on saturday so it wasnt hard to be better.  

What worries me most isnt the fact we couldnt beat Scunthorpe......but that we couldnt even score past them at home.

There was a guy sat next to me last night who was saying we should be pleased that we got a draw against a team that are 6th in the league.  I see where he is coming from but we should be better then that and alot of norwich fans seem to have let their standards drop.    The draw wasnt at all acceptable and yes we controlled the game but without really hurting them.   We are gonna play teams alot better then Scunthorpe and I am concerned they are gonna beat us easily and that we are going to end up like, dare I say it......Leeds United. 

Neil Adams said last night that huckerby looked back to his best but for me he still doenst look that interested and is far too predictable. 

Our next 6 games are

Mon Oct 8QPR (7.45pm)

A

Sat Oct 20Bristol City

H

Tue Oct 23Burnley (7.45pm)

A

Sat Oct 27West Bromwich Albion

A

Sun Nov 4Ipswich Town (12.45pm)

H

Tue Nov 6Watford (7.45pm)

H

On the last 2 performances I cannot see us winning any of these, 3 away games are more then likely to be defeats because thats what happens to norwich away from home.  Bristol City are playing well and have a decent striker in Lee Trundle so I can see them scoring past us but I cannot say the same for us.  Scummers and Watford are very very difficult games, especially as one of them is on Sky so we can assume thats a defeat and a no show.  

Hope I cheered you up.

[quote user="Wishbone"]Since when did Norwich have the right to be a successful side! Yes, we are having a poor season, but is it not clear that negativity breeds failure.....we were in the premiership 3 seasons ago. GET OVER IT!

No one at the club wants us to be in this situation (believe it or not!) and the more cynicism at Carrow Road, the harder it becomes for the players to express themselves on the pitch. You have to earn the right to be a successful team and at the moment we have some ok players and some good ones. The problem is, partly, to do with money and a lot to do with attitude......agree / disagree?
[/quote]

Totally agree

wasnt just the people on the radio, i heard people saying great result against a top 6 team! 0-0 at home to Scunthorpe, a great result! i hate to admit it but smudger maybe right when he says so many people are happy with whats going on!! if people are happy with last night then there is no future for city i fear. scunthorpe were average thats all and came for what they got, a point!!!

Come on! Big reasons to be excited and happy because all is well at carrow road. We have drawn 0 - 0 with the mighty Scunthorpe, an illustrious top 6 placed side who had put the awesome Colchester to the sword at the weekend. What more can we want. This is Prudence with Ambition begining to show it''s worth. We have held our own against one of the genuine greats of football and now all we have to do is to beat that sleeping but possibly waking giant QPR. Boy I hate spin.

I was really dubious of that phone in particulary once I heard that first guy as he had a go a the booing city fans all round the ground. Yes there were boo''s but not that many considering. I thought mainly the fans resereved their judgement by neither booing or clapping. All very neutral really. It did seem that their was a desire to get a very positive message across. They did not read out my text which just give me the feeling of a bit of adgenda going on here. (I am not saying that they have to read out my text, but it was not of the gooey happy stuff they were reading out and might have hepled balanced feelings out a bit more.)

This was another unconvincing display in my opinion. Scunthorpe were ordinary but well organised at the most. We should be beating teams like this with ease.   

Spot on Martin, you summed up my feelings very well and the Leeds compare is dead right.

My definition of "prudence" is a downward spiral and I''m watching it happen at Carrow Rd.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Precisely why I wouldn''t bother protesting....and why I think the club sadly needs a relegation to get rid of them. It''s more akin to being a fan of Cliff Richard or Dale Winton at NCFC these days...because they can dish up whatever crap they like...yet their fan base stays solid.

They just aren''t worth it......and only the removal of Smith will end it all.

Wishbone wrote

Since when did Norwich have the right to be a successful side! Yes, we are having a poor season, but is it not clear that negativity breeds failure.....we were in the premiership 3 seasons ago. GET OVER IT!

No one at the club wants us to be in this situation (believe it or not!) and the more cynicism at Carrow Road, the harder it becomes for the players to express themselves on the pitch. You have to earn the right to be a successful team and at the moment we have some ok players and some good ones. The problem is, partly, to do with money and a lot to do with attitude......agree / disagree?

Agree

The trouble is nowadays everyone wants everything yesterday, and most people think we should be in the Prem, but it''s good to see you realise that NO ONE has a right to that.

This is where we are at this moment in time like it or not.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Precisely why I wouldn''t bother protesting [/quote]

Smudger will be upset!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So just because a few retards on Canary Call were happy means that most of the fans on this board must be happy too?[/quote]

OK, i''m hardly over the moon with the result but can see the logic of finding the positives, and there are some (clean sheet, played better, draw against a form team, good center back pairing finally etc.). So if that makes me a retard then it''s dr retard to you lot.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Precisely why I wouldn''t bother protesting....and why I think the club sadly needs a relegation to get rid of them. It''s more akin to being a fan of Cliff Richard or Dale Winton at NCFC these days...because they can dish up whatever crap they like...yet their fan base stays solid.

[/quote]

So the club needs to be relegated to get rid of fans who support the team through good times (as they all joined in the Premiership season) and bad times such as now?

And only when in a division below will the "true" fans, who don''t want to be at Carrow Road at the moment because of the lack of quality football, come back?

[:^)]

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

I can''t believe the Happy Clappy fools that called in to canary call last night, It amazed me that 80% of callers were pleased with a draw against Scunthorpe. Just how far have our expectations slipped over the last 3 years going from beating Manchester United to last nights ''Performance'' against the MIGHTY SCUNTHORPE. Come on you lot don''t accept this sub-standard Norwich City, get off your butts make your feelings known, stay away, protest, boo the board & manager or whatever. It has also become aware to me that Grant not replacing Hunter after 2 months, no move in the loan market is not down to not finding suitable candidates but more to do with saving money, I wonder if they re-use their teabags as well

[/quote]

LOL... they probably use both sides of the toilet roll too!!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

Sounds about right to me...

Adams & Co haven''t read a text out of mine all season.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Michael Starr"]

[/quote]

I was telling this to my mate last night - they have the capability to pick and choose their callers (maybe even keeping a log of previous "hyper positive" callers so they know who they are dealing with) Did anyone hear the cringeworthy part where Adams stated how it was great to hear everyone being positive about the club? They could even call games on the radio in such a way to make us sound as if we played better than we did.

[/quote]

They did that last night ALEX...

Made it sound like we were unlucky not to get a win... when we only had two shots on target at home to the mighty Scunthorpe!!!

They forgot to mention that Scunthorpe had hit the post once and that they had come very close another couple of times to scoring prior to Chris Martin coming on.

For us to of grabbed a victory last night would of been very harsh on Scunthorpe indeed!

[quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

So the club needs to be relegated to get rid of fans who support the team through good times (as they all joined in the Premiership season) and bad times such as now?

And only when in a division below will the "true" fans, who don''t want to be at Carrow Road at the moment because of the lack of quality football, come back?

[:^)]

[/quote]

Afraid to say it Cluck but One Flew Over is correct here... NCFC has always had too many fans that haven''t got the first clue about football or life...

They were there in the hard times under Chase in massed ranks and they are still there today.

Totally shameful people who will stand by and defend the indefensible until the bitter end!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]wasnt just the people on the radio, i heard people saying great result against a top 6 team! 0-0 at home to Scunthorpe, a great result! i hate to admit it but smudger maybe right when he says so many people are happy with whats going on!! if people are happy with last night then there is no future for city i fear. scunthorpe were average thats all and came for what they got, a point!!![/quote]

As my old granny used to say "Some people''d eat sh*t if it was sugared" . . . [6]

[quote user="MTíN"]

I pleased that we played better then we did on saturday but then we hardly set a standard on saturday so it wasnt hard to be better.  

What worries me most isnt the fact we couldnt beat Scunthorpe......but that we couldnt even score past them at home.

There was a guy sat next to me last night who was saying we should be pleased that we got a draw against a team that are 6th in the league.  I see where he is coming from but we should be better then that and alot of norwich fans seem to have let their standards drop.    The draw wasnt at all acceptable and yes we controlled the game but without really hurting them.   We are gonna play teams alot better then Scunthorpe and I am concerned they are gonna beat us easily and that we are going to end up like, dare I say it......Leeds United. 

Neil Adams said last night that huckerby looked back to his best but for me he still doenst look that interested and is far too predictable. 

Our next 6 games are

Mon Oct 8QPR (7.45pm)

A

Sat Oct 20Bristol City

H

Tue Oct 23Burnley (7.45pm)

A

Sat Oct 27West Bromwich Albion

A

Sun Nov 4Ipswich Town (12.45pm)

H

Tue Nov 6Watford (7.45pm)

H

On the last 2 performances I cannot see us winning any of these, 3 away games are more then likely to be defeats because thats what happens to norwich away from home.  Bristol City are playing well and have a decent striker in Lee Trundle so I can see them scoring past us but I cannot say the same for us.  Scummers and Watford are very very difficult games, especially as one of them is on Sky so we can assume thats a defeat and a no show.  

Hope I cheered you up.

[/quote]

Have to say that is a very realistic post and the kind of thing that I done a few weeks back (when I knew that we would be finding ourselves in the position we find ourselves in today).

The realists will be able to see where you are coming from but the majority won''t.

People say that we are in trouble now... just you wait for a few weeks time!!!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Well said, did you hear that woman called Terry on there slagging Hucks off............. Some people havent got a clue!!!

"Its a mans Game"

[/quote]

Yeah I remember her. What the hell was she on?

[/quote]

"terri" sounded alot like Delia... ~A LOT like Delia.... not that im hinting at anything of course...

and Smudger.. u actualyl need to send a text to get it read out... not just say that u sent one ;)

jas :)

[quote user="baldyboy"]wasnt just the people on the radio, i heard people saying great result against a top 6 team! 0-0 at home to Scunthorpe, a great result! i hate to admit it but smudger maybe right when he says so many people are happy with whats going on!! if people are happy with last night then there is no future for city i fear. scunthorpe were average thats all and came for what they got, a point!!![/quote]

But they''re entitled to their opinion and we should respect that.... shouldn''t we? [*-)]

I Think She and Her Son must sit behind me, because for the last two games they have booed Huck''s every touch and laughing when he goes down injured, like the G.Kavanaugh elbow incident!!! they have probably only just started going to games this season........... Not a Clue!!!!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

"Its a mans Game"

[/quote]

[/quote]

"terri" sounded alot like Delia... ~A LOT like Delia.... not that im hinting at anything of course...

and Smudger.. u actualyl need to send a text to get it read out... not just say that u sent one ;)

[/quote]

Yawn, yawn, yawn!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

"Its a mans Game"

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yawn, yawn, yawn!!!!

[/quote]

we keeping u up Thrush??? go have a lie down.. will keep u away from the board for a bit... allow the grownups to have their say.