Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Poss solution to the goal drought?

Like 95% of city fans, I am fully aware that Docs is a complete and utter mule who possesses as much skill and grace as a diarretic camel but who reckons we try him upfront for a game?      Added incentive - Dublin can partner Shacks at the back?I am aware that he missed a total sitter against Weds but at least he nearly scored!! More than can be said for Brown and Cuerton in the last few games.Please don''t laugh at me.........

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Like 95% of city fans, I am fully aware that Docs is a complete and utter mule who possesses as much skill and grace as a diarretic camel but who reckons we try him upfront for a game?      Added incentive - Dublin can partner Shacks at the back?

I am aware that he missed a total sitter against Weds but at least he nearly scored!! More than can be said for Brown and Cuerton in the last few games.

Please don''t laugh at me.........

[/quote]

A Camul writes:

I know you lot are currently having a rough time but there''s a lot of confusion here.  Some on here have described your Docs as a Donkey.  Now you are suggesting he is a Mule?  Do you have evidence that his Dad had....errr...a liason with a female horse?

On behalf of the unconnected Camelidae family I would point out that, over short distances, we can run at over 40 miles per hour, possibly faster if diarrohetic, or depending on what the Camel Keeper is attempting.

Either way a lot faster than any striker in the Championship I have seen so far, yours or mine.

Hehehehehehe . . . there''s nothing like telling it as you see it!

I''d considered that option too in one of my lower moments but unfortunately he''s injured now, out for at least a month it seems.

Now that we have discovered that Murray is a competent central defender, I would much prefer that Dion played as striker - he is the only one up front likely to make anything happen. In fact, at the moment I think that the front two should be Martin and Dion. Dion is equal top scorer, with two goals, but his two come from very few appearnces as striker!The idea has somehow become established that Murray could not partner Shackell becuase they are both predominantly left-footed. This is nonsense, - a lot of teams have two right-footed CDs because "south paws" are realtively very few in number. It may happen that Shackell and Murray for some other reason do not make a good partnership, but to dismiss the possibility out of hand is ridiculous. Not many weeks ago several people were recommending Davenport as a replacement for Doc, but Davenported is also left-footed.

I agree. Dion must play up front whenever possible, as he is the only one who holds the forward line together, bringing in others with his flicks and knock ons AS WELL AS posing a goal threat himself. Murray / Docherty appear to be forging a good partnership so leave it be !

Murray seems to be settling in at centre half nicely, so thats a bonus-though when Shackell is available, I guess he''ll be out and the Shackell/Doc partnership will continue.

Its all very well people saying Doc is a battler and that he charges down shots, blocks goal attempts and all the rest of it, but thats often because he has been caught out and is resorting to last ditch-type efforts to attone for original errors. Early days yet, but Murray looks to be more of a "thinking" footballer-and maybe playing and learning his trade at Rangers has contributed to that-but you get the impression he''ll be in the right place at the right time, rather than eventually getting there at the last minute.

I hope he gets a run of games, with Doc''s injury, maybe he will get the chance to forge a partnership with Shackell.

I would like to see Martin and Strihavka given some games in attack together with Dion an option on the bench as he can come on in defence or attack. Martin and Strihavka seem to be "thinking" (that phrase again) footballers and they would work well as a pair. That leaves JC as a bit of a problem (!) which I can''t rememdy, sorry about that, its just that Martin deserves some games now and I think he''d be better with Dave than Jamie.

Martin and Dave for me.

With Hucks and Croft on the wings, but the key for goals is the passes, ie an Attacking midfielder, we need Smith or Fozzy back now, or a replacement for them ASAP.  Our defence is actually ok, but we cant score, so despite what people think, leave doc alone, and get some creativity!

Old shuck - we all see different things when we watch matches. I see the Doc often having to cover for his partner who has lost his man. Even his partners admit this but fans still see what they want to see and if an opposition forward has too much space they automatically assume he is the Docs responsibility.