Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Coach and loan signings - where are they - my theory

I find it hard to understand that nine games into the season and we still haven''t found a first team coach, and five weeks after the transfer window closed we are still waiting for these loan signings.

There might be a completely simple explanation for this in that we haven''t found the right people; or is it because the board have given Grant ten games and are not prepared to let him bring in his own coach and loans until they decide if he is staying?

Whatever the reason, it is crystal clear that we desperately need a good coach to try and introduce some new tactics and a couple of good loan signings would improve the squad.

i really don''t understand why we havn''t heard any thing about any more loan signings, recently we were told that the money was avaliable for a loan or two. Man u have said which players they have avaliable......go and bloody get them!!!

I know it''s not that easy, but come on!

Two very good points. I don''t know whether or not Grant was allowed before - but I''d imagine that there''s no chance of him being allowed to bring in anyone new, coaching or playing staff now, given how close he is to being given the boot (lose to QPR and I have no doubt that we''ll be looking for a new manager on Tuesday morning)The boardroom suggestions an interesting one - but if it is true, I wish they''d hurry up and sort out what they''re doing before it''s too late and we end up playing in League One

As inept as Jim Duffy might be, there is no point in having an assistant manager and a first team coach - complete waste of money at this level. Replacing Hunter is unnecessary, whether Grant stays or not.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

. . . or because there''s about to be a takeover in the boardroom and the new people will decide who to appoint?  

[/quote]

I''d go with this theory.......although I fear it may be wishful thinking.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="mystic megson"]

. . . or because there''s about to be a takeover in the boardroom and the new people will decide who to appoint?  

[/quote]

I''d go with this theory.......although I fear it may be wishful thinking.

[/quote]

Yes, I''ll rephrase that slightly . . . "because we''re in limbo waiting to see if there''s going to be a takeover or not".

It could be any of the reasons stated, but it could simply be that nobody wants to work with a failing rookie?

[quote user="silver fox"]

I find it hard to understand that nine games into the season and we still haven''t found a first team coach, and five weeks after the transfer window closed we are still waiting for these loan signings.

There might be a completely simple explanation for this in that we haven''t found the right people; or is it because the board have given Grant ten games and are not prepared to let him bring in his own coach and loans until they decide if he is staying?

Whatever the reason, it is crystal clear that we desperately need a good coach to try and introduce some new tactics and a couple of good loan signings would improve the squad.

[/quote]

[/quote] I hadn''t considered that option and I guess you are referring to the Turner''s.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote] I hadn''t considered that option and I guess you are referring to the Turner''s.[/quote]

If you have an hour to spare, have a look at the "No local investors - yes there are - but they are being blocked" thread . . .

What''s interesting is not the hype and conjecture about what may or may not be about to happen but the fact that we LOOK like a team without a first team coach. I don''t think Mr Hunter has done us any favours whatsoever and he should be getting a lot of the blame for leaving us in the lurch so late on.

We should go out an get a new coach tomorrow.

And park the bl00dy thing in front of our goalposts....

[quote user="broadie"]What''s interesting is not the hype and conjecture about what may or may not be about to happen but the fact that we LOOK like a team without a first team coach. I don''t think Mr Hunter has done us any favours whatsoever and he should be getting a lot of the blame for leaving us in the lurch so late on.[/quote]

WTF??????

broadie you cannot be serious

[quote user="broadie"]What''s interesting is not the hype and conjecture about what may or may not be about to happen but the fact that we LOOK like a team without a first team coach. I don''t think Mr Hunter has done us any favours whatsoever and he should be getting a lot of the blame for leaving us in the lurch so late on.[/quote]We do look like a team without a first team coach. There''s no teamwork or any sort of cohesion between the players.I feel another thing that hasn''t helped is that nobody has a clue what our ''first team'' is. I don''t how often people praise rotation but if you have the same 11 playing 20 matches in a row together it is good. It helps the team work well... as a team! I feel that not only do we need a new manager but we need a whole new coaching staff. I feel when we sacked worthy that we just seemed to bit part our coaching staff and it seems that the board don''t understand football at all overwise they''d take a pay cut to make sure we had staff that could, i dare say. ensure safety in this league, because with grant on board that''s what we are looking at.

[quote user="broadie"]What''s interesting is not the hype and conjecture about what may or may not be about to happen but the fact that we LOOK like a team without a first team coach. I don''t think Mr Hunter has done us any favours whatsoever and he should be getting a lot of the blame for leaving us in the lurch so late on.[/quote]

WTF??????

broadie you cannot be serious

[/quote]

Why that reaction? Any fool can see we don''t look organised. I don''t understand your problem with what I''ve said - I''m just stating the obvious, really. We desperately need a coach to gel the players together tactically in training and let Grant and Duffy get on with whatever it is managers and their sidekicks do.

Perhaps if Grant had a coach he would be able to step back a bit, stop tinkering and relax. Whatever you think of Grant, Hunter left at the worst time possible - a couple of weeks before the start of the season is not exactly great timing, and what other club is going to let us steal one of their coaches at that time? It''s not all Hunter''s fault but that''s a big ''ol spanner in the works.

[quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

or there could be a simpler explanation...

The board are tighter than a ducks @rse and have stashed all the money down that mysterious black hole along with the rest of it.

Of course they will probably trot the excuses that you have stated out in another month or so''s time as an attempt to deflect blame from themselves once more.

I don''t see how they can say that this time however... why hold money back from Grant???

He was there man let us not forget... a coach full of management potential that was "the right choice" and was going to lead us back to the Premiership.

The board have ran out of excuses... They have NOTHING LEFT to give this club and just need to do the decent thing and WALK!!!!

Stop looking for excuses for them... they are quite capable of doing that themsekves... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

or there could be a simpler explanation...

The board are tighter than a ducks @rse and have stashed all the money down that mysterious black hole along with the rest of it.

Of course they will probably trot the excuses that you have stated out in another month or so''s time as an attempt to deflect blame from themselves once more.

I don''t see how they can say that this time however... why hold money back from Grant???

He was there man let us not forget... a coach full of management potential that was "the right choice" and was going to lead us back to the Premiership.

The board have ran out of excuses... They have NOTHING LEFT to give this club and just need to do the decent thing and WALK!!!!

Stop looking for excuses for them... they are quite capable of doing that themsekves... [;)]

[/quote]

Too simple an explaination and you have no proof of that. Until you do have, what''s the point of saying it? The fact is we don''t have a first team coach and it shows, and during the season is a very difficult time to find another one. However, if it takes a bit of extra money to get one, that''s what we must do.

[/quote]

BINGO! (Richard Balls column  in todays EEN seems to make it pretty clear) [:D][<:o)]