Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Stop Panicking!!!

There was a bit of positivity floatin around after last nights game, amazing as it was 0-0 and we dropped into the bottom 3. But for those of you who attended the game it was clear as to why there is still a glimmer of hope for NCFC.We were pretty unlucky last night, we should have had 2 or 3 goals, Martin was desperately unlucky with his strike and Hucks should have had 2. If we''d have won 2-0 or even 1-0 everyone would be raving about a good performance, unluckily we just couldnt get the ball in the back of net so of course its all doom and gloom. There where a lot of positives to take from last night, im my eyes at least, and those of you who cant look past the fact it was another game without a goal or a win, and were in the bottom 3, read on and then see if you feel the same.1. Doherty and Murray kept a clean sheet and were both immense, we finally seem to have found the answer to the CB problem in Murray i think. He''s solid, didnt make one mistake, good in the air and the tackle and gave 110% last night, and seems to have made a good partnership with Doherty.2. Another impressive game for Rossi Jarvis which gives me immense hope as he and Spillane look to have bags of ability, which is much needed as im still not convinced that Russell and Brellier are the way forward. 3. Otsemebor and Croft were magnificent last night, Semmy''s attacking was spot on and much improved from recent performances, this was due to Croft showing for him and coaxing him forward, something the hapless Chadwick has failed to do in his outings. Croft was superb and deserved his man of the match award. Attacked with pace and purpose, always looked to get forward at every opportunity, taking Semmy with him, and showed bags of energy for the full 90, he looks like the fittest player at the club now, was up and down the wing all game and performed his defensive duties well as there was minimal threat from Scunnys left wing. Really looks like a Championship poor mans Ronaldo now.4. Another improved performance from Huckerby, he''s getting better with every game now, should have had 2 goals and provided a good attacking threat like we know he can. Remember, he had no pre season and is far from 100% match sharp, but he''s getting there now and soon will be on fire again.5. Last glimmer of hope in my opinion is the return from injury of Smith and Fozzy. We are lacking midfield creativity and attacking threat at the mo and these two will provide it in abundance. There was a bit on canary call about Smith last night, a guys QPR friend had told him how good Smith is and how he dragged QPR out of the relegation zone last season, scoring 7 goals and bossing games along the way. This sounds like the kind of midfielder we desperately need at the mo, and will make a difference. As for Fozzy, we saw what happened in the 1st half against Barnet and the 2nd half against Southampton. He made us tick and we have sorely missed his passing and creativity.

These are my reasons as to why there is much more to come from NCFC and why we shouldnt panic yet. Give Grant time, let him field his 1st choice 11 and see what happens then. Smith is on his way back, as is Fozzy, Spillane and Jarvis are the real deal and Hucks is near is best, Martin looks sharp and Murray for me has solved the CB crisis, so the future looks yellow...On the Ball City..

Dear God......what has it got to take?

You lot really do deserve each other.............

Why dont you just dissappear and leave it to us then Cluck?

[quote user="Cluck "]

Dear God......what has it got to take?

You lot really do deserve each other.............

[/quote]

This post is what made me think of Blanch really........

So........... are you too busy? [;)]

And I wouldn''t mind betting Barclayman that your ancestors were telling Custer at the Little Big Horn that things would brighten up!

Ye Gods!..........no wonder the club''s in trouble with potty supporters like you about, try waking up!.

so when is the time to start panicking then? when we are in the bottom 2? bottom 1? when we havent scored for 10-15-20 hours?

please do elaborate as i would be keen to hear.

And yes, i have firmly switched to the negative side of this board. I am not going to settle for mediocrity, why should I?

What game did you watch?  As for the MoM award, in the Jarrold stand it was met with hoots and derision.  Docherty immense?  Barely adequate is a fairer description.  Otsemobor looked more interested in arguing with Croft about who was taking the throw ins.  Croft - Ronaldo?  Headless chicken with one trick - run straight at people then bottle trying to get round them and side pass instead.

You must have written this as a joke or after a long session after the game.....

I see and read, take in and think about all posts, agree and disagree with some.

One thing is for sure and that we can all agree on is we love and support NCFC, however, most of us do not like what the board is doing to our beloved yellow and green.

Last night myself and my better half walked away from the ground and for the first time ever didnt have anything to say or discusss about the match or what is happening with regard to the club, other than to shake our heads, and feel like we have lost the war and not done well on the battle front either.  Travelled home in the car with another fan, and all 3 of us just were dumbfounded at what we had just witnessed.

Ok Scunny are up amongst the top of the table, but for gods sake it''s Scunny lol no disrespect but what huge signings have they made?  Probably the cost of their whole team does not amount to 1/4 of ours, yet the NC players still get outplayed and made to look like a side of amateurs. I am not panicking at all, however I am getting more and more concerned at how the board does not seem to give two hoots at where the club is right now, and how very quiet alas Smith and Jones are.

I want to support the players on the pitch, and get behind them all the way, but myself, like other fans need to have something worth supporting.  We will continue to see this season out, we''ve paid for season tickets, so may as well make use of them.

I know my support is wearing thin.  The amount of people in the Barclay last night sitting and shaking their heads, looking absolutely bewildered and some getting very irate, is something i have not seen since the days of Chase.

I think the performance was improved and it was good to see the players showing abit of form. However it wasn''t a totally flawless performance and I do still worry that it''ll all disappear again come monday night. We''ve seen before where they progress in one game and regress in the next. As we all know good consistency is the key to maintaining decent league positions which atm we''re not showing (disappointingly).

Not sure what game you were at last nite......

Rossi Jarvis was absolutely shocking! Poor set pieces, weak in the challenge when he was able to get to the player as for most of the match he was completely anonymous.

True we could of scored a few times  (how unlucky was Martin with that shot). Then again we had more than a few let offs our end too and this against a very ordinary Scunthorpe team.

Smith aside I can''t see how we''re going to improve. Cureton can''t get any goalscoring oppurtunities and he''s the only one who looks like scoring at the moment so how we''re going to win any games god only knows.

Barring big changes at the club I just can''t see this getting any better. A few weeks ago maybe but not now. Still hopefully I''ll be proved wrong!  [:)]

[quote user="JC"]

What game did you watch?  As for the MoM award, in the Jarrold stand it was met with hoots and derision.  Docherty immense?  Barely adequate is a fairer description.  Otsemobor looked more interested in arguing with Croft about who was taking the throw ins.  Croft - Ronaldo?  Headless chicken with one trick - run straight at people then bottle trying to get round them and side pass instead.

You must have written this as a joke or after a long session after the game.....

[/quote] I didnt say Croft was like Ronaldo, i said he was a poor mans Ronaldo....read it properly, obviously the logic is lost on you.

Good to see the usual suspects disagreeing with my post, you lot really are all glass half empty chaps arent you. The reason for my post is that i simply refuse to be negative and downbeat until such time that we have no good players left at the club, like Hucks, Dion, Marshall, Martin, Cureton etc, we are playing truly awful football and getting thrashed every week, and are bottom of the league looking at relegation like the days of Bryan Hamilton....and Lee Marshall in midfield...Until that time i will be positive, cause thats the kind of person i am, and i will support my club thru thick and thin. If everyone thought the same as u lot nobody would even go to matches, then where would we be.As for some of you who stated Doherty and Murray didnt play well, we kept a clean sheet for gods sake. And how anyone can say Croft and Semmy didnt have a good game is laughable.The facts are we played well in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to win 2-0. This gives me hope for the simple fact that im not a glass half empty guy, i prefer to look at the fact that we played well the 2nd half and kept a clean sheet rather than dwell on the negative of not scoring or winning. All season we have not conceded more than 2 goals in a game, and with the exception of the Wolves and Charlton games, we have just come up short and lost by the odd goal, 2-1 or 1-0. This suggests to me that we are doing some things right but still have a way to go. It does not spell doom and gloom and League 1 football.Ive said it before and ill say it again, we have 9 new players, they will take time to gel, and its been 10 odd games for gods sake, plus we are missing Smith and Fozzy and a match sharp Hucks. The difference these 3 will make once they are fit and in the side will be huge and will not be recognised until all 3 are playing.Of course its not looking good at the moment, we are in the bottom 3 and havent scored for 5 games. Im not disputing this, im just choosing to stay positive in the hope that it will be turned around, so i will constantly look for the positives to keep me goin, otherwise please tell me, whats the bloody point in being a fan???But then again, thats just my outlook on life isnt it...

I agree with you BM. More penetration through the middle of midfield and we''ll be fine. Injuries aside, come christamas we''ll be doing ok. Which will upset a lot of people in this morgue.

Please explain to me how Rossi Jarvis got in the team,on the performances over the last two games Spillane must be asking the same question along with a couple of other young players.

Well said, Barclay Man!  We have yet to put out a full strength team, and there have been so many injuries and supensions that Grant probably doesn''t know yet what combination is his best, and some leading players are not at their best, e.g. Hux, Curo, - little wonder he is shaking his head and talking about balance in the midfield. We lost three leading players late in the summer, we have signed players from several different teams, including one unfamiliar with English football and things will take time to settle down.I think that once they have started to play as we know they can (- from the two half matches), and gained confidence, then I think that we shall emerge from this nightmare. I don''t think that team-building is complete yet, and won''t be until next summer with a few more Bosmans, but I expect to be much higher in the league. I have always felt that even the play-offs were beyond us this season, because of the money available to some clubs and long established squads of others.What will certainly not help is the hysterical torrent demanding that we sign an unending list of players recommended by "experts" on this Board, endless discussion of possible new Board members, new manager, new assistant manager, in fact any change. The team are aware that they are playing badly, the manager is aware of this and of the squad limitations. Turning on any member of the set up in the circumstances and so early in the season is not helping recovery, rather the opposite.

[quote user="Salopian"]Well said, Barclay Man!  We have yet to put out a full strength team, and there have been so many injuries and supensions that Grant probably doesn''t know yet what combination is his best, and some leading players are not at their best, e.g. Hux, Curo, - little wonder he is shaking his head and talking about balance in the midfield. We lost three leading players late in the summer, we have signed players from several different teams, including one unfamiliar with English football and things will take time to settle down.I think that once they have started to play as we know they can (- from the two half matches), and gained confidence, then I think that we shall emerge from this nightmare. I don''t think that team-building is complete yet, and won''t be until next summer with a few more Bosmans, but I expect to be much higher in the league. I have always felt that even the play-offs were beyond us this season, because of the money available to some clubs and long established squads of others.What will certainly not help is the hysterical torrent demanding that we sign an unending list of players recommended by "experts" on this Board, endless discussion of possible new Board members, new manager, new assistant manager, in fact any change. The team are aware that they are playing badly, the manager is aware of this and of the squad limitations. Turning on any member of the set up in the circumstances and so early in the season is not helping recovery, rather the opposite.[/quote]Agreed Salopian, there seems to be one train of thought from the naysayers on this board, and thats board out grant out, thats all we hear whenever things are bad on the pitch, no constructive criticism, another loss, oh, board out grant out, over and again. Its been 10 odd games, give Grant a chance.

No it hasn''t Barclayman, Grunts been here a year now...................and remind me again who signed Brown our prolific striker?............get back home with the fairies you apologist!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

No it hasn''t Barclayman, Grunts been here a year now...................and remind me again who signed Brown our prolific striker?............get back home with the fairies you apologist!.

[/quote]Again, another narrow minded view if your referring to Grant being here a year. He''s had 10 matches with ''his'' team, he inherited Worthys last season, and remember what a shambles they were, Burnley at home? Grant came in, got Etuhu playin to a level he hadnt played at under Worthy, to an end where we got £1.5m for him, which we''d have never got if Worthy was still here, not too mention bringin Chris Martin in, which again would never have happened with Worthy.He''s now got his own team, give them time.

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]

I see and read, take in and think about all posts, agree and disagree with some.

One thing is for sure and that we can all agree on is we love and support NCFC, however, most of us do not like what the board is doing to our beloved yellow and green.

Last night myself and my better half walked away from the ground and for the first time ever didnt have anything to say or discusss about the match or what is happening with regard to the club, other than to shake our heads, and feel like we have lost the war and not done well on the battle front either.  Travelled home in the car with another fan, and all 3 of us just were dumbfounded at what we had just witnessed.

Ok Scunny are up amongst the top of the table, but for gods sake it''s Scunny lol no disrespect but what huge signings have they made?  Probably the cost of their whole team does not amount to 1/4 of ours, yet the NC players still get outplayed and made to look like a side of amateurs. I am not panicking at all, however I am getting more and more concerned at how the board does not seem to give two hoots at where the club is right now, and how very quiet alas Smith and Jones are.

I want to support the players on the pitch, and get behind them all the way, but myself, like other fans need to have something worth supporting.  We will continue to see this season out, we''ve paid for season tickets, so may as well make use of them.

I know my support is wearing thin.  The amount of people in the Barclay last night sitting and shaking their heads, looking absolutely bewildered and some getting very irate, is something i have not seen since the days of Chase.

[/quote] You have summed it up exactly Mighty......I just couldn''t believe it either. I have accepted that we are in this position - that a win against Scunthorpe is NOW it seems the height of our ambitions. However, I don''t accept that the board can''t do anything about it or address the real issue, instead of the regular stuff Doncaster comes out with. Smith and Jones quiet? Seems to be their way, let''s hope they are doing some good behind the scenes. I too was in the Barclay, and we were singing - to what effect it seems is not clear. People I have know for years - through the good and bad times cannot remember anything like this. With all the money and advantages this club has received, and still cannot beat a team who haven''t had a fraction of our wealth is just beyond comprehension. There is a lot of resentment - it is more difficult than with Chase - as I think it''s hard to come to terms with the fact it''s all happening again. Like you I have a season ticket and will still go. I still love the club and that''s what I convince myself I am supporting, not the personnel within it. It''s just a bitter pill to swallow. Can''t win at home - whatever the opposition.

I agree Mighty, I am frankly staggered that people are trying to extract some many positives from an average performance against a team who traditonally belong in the bottom league and had no players at all that I have heard of.

Huckerby was a little better but is nowhere near his best yet if we will ever see it again, Doherty and Murray were ok, Rossi Jarvis was poor, Spillane is miles better and should start every week until Brellier is completely match fit/Smith is ready to start and perhaps even then.

The big improvement was no Chris no goals no idea Brown, Dublin was again our best player at 38 which sums it up really.

If we lose to QPR and it will be a tough game despite their lack of points then Grant must go

Hey pal you see what you want to see, Worthy brought in Etuhu, who made a profit, our three best players Worthy signings were let go this summer, replaced by garbage. Martin was played because Grant did not have a choice, why is he not a regular now. Grants win record is rotten, get real.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If you ask me nicely Barclayman, I''ll send you a roadmap to Peterbrough Utd''s ground when City play there in the league next season![/quote] Peterborough is really a very nice ground Wiz, a lot like Portman Road, it''s blue and white, in a seedy area of town (sorry city, though God knows why) and is a short jaunt from the railway station. I simply can''t wait to go back. lol

Absolutely hilarious.... surprised I even warranted this with a reply!!!

We could of had 2 or 3 goals?

We only hit the target once or twice didn''t we???  Hitting the woodwork does not constitute hitting the target remember (and Scunthorpe had already hit the woodwork prior to Martin coming on anyhow).

Scunthorpe would of been very lucky to of come away from Carrow Road with any less than a point... and if any of the two teams deserved to go on and snatch all 3 then I would say it was them....  pretty even in terms of possesion and they probably just edged the shots on target count.

Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins:
"It was a deserved point. I''m absolutely delighted because Norwich are a good side and it''s always a difficult place to come to.

"We had our chances and so did they. There was some backs to the wall defending towards the end when we had to go in with fixed bayonets.

"But the lads showed a lot of resolve and got their reward at the end."