Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

in the event grant is sacked his replacement has already been decided

its obvious, the board won''t be able to afford anyone nor pay off the rest of the backroom staff so

JIM DUFFY will get the job by default!!!!

another prediction

that when ashton finally plays for england, doomcaster will release a statement either that the £125k transfer addon, is: a) been written off for peter grants severance package from WHU or b) the standard party line of "the money has already been budgeted for"

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

another prediction

that when ashton finally plays for england, doomcaster will release a statement either that the £125k transfer addon, is: a) been written off for peter grants severance package from WHU or b) the standard party line of "the money has already been budgeted for"

[/quote]

told u so!

i think both parts of my prediction are going to come true, since they didnt waive the last 25K

[quote user="savenell"]I personnally think that bryan gunn would be promoted to manager rather than jim duffy[/quote]

Bryan Gunn manager? God help us!

I have a horrible feeling you are right to say that the duffer Duffy would be considered the ideal replacement for Grunt by the board. We could then find it all gets a bit like the film Groundhog Day  (where history repeats itself) - Duffy would go through a honeymoon period of ok results for the rest of this season, then come the start of next season we are back in the mire at the bottom of the league. Still, who can say, he might be the answer to all our problems.

So that would be duffy in the same way that Hunter was going to get the job post worthy then?

If and when Grant gets replaced it may be duffy - but I suspect it will be some one completely new.

If Duffy got the job I think I''d lose the will to live, another cheap option that would take us even further into the mire.

If they were short sighted enough to appoint Duffy (lets see, we have a failed managerial regime here, so lets appoint part of it to maintain the continuity of mediocrity, whilst dispensing of the other part) then I think I would finally have to start making loud and publicly visible noises myself!

If Grant goes, Duffy has to. He is part of the managerial "team" that has led us to where we are now, its a no brainer surely!?

Appointing Gunny was a PR sop which has gone badly wrong. We were all told of his magic contact book in the Summer and told to get very excited by all the players that would be coming here, as well as his relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson. FFS, if I was Fergie, I''d get a little fed up with Gunny latching onto his coat tails STILL, he baby sat for him about a quarter of a century ago, then was reserver keeper in his previous team for half a season or so, before being sold on, in preference of Jim Leighton, over twenty years ago! Yet we still kept being told that he apparantly has Ferguson in his pocket and as his best mate! Its showed people, its showed, and how!

You look at clubs like Villa, Newcastle, Man City-they have changed Managers, and, in doing so, nearly every member of the previous coaching regime has left and been replaced as well. If you vote for change, you do it properly-you don''t keep people like Duffy hanging around when a new Manager comes in, he and all the others will need to go. But of course, that would be too expensive, and Duffy will get the job, accompanied by the usual spin of "...Jim has impressed us with his passion..." and "...we knew we already had the right man in place..." etc etc etc.

FFS, it hasn''t happened, but it so obviously will when the time comes, and it is infuriating.

The ideal replacement for Peter Grant is already at the club and he is already managing the team in an unofficial role if you watch him closely on the pitch -

Dion Dublin.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Duffy''s relegated three teams already in his career I think, he makes Grant look like Mourinho.[/quote]

Damn! thats worse than McGrunt.......................if this farce were allowed to happen then we must hound him out from day one, he''s part of the same cancer and should not be allowed to fester and take hold any longer than Grunt has.

The great Jock experiment has failed big time, just like the bloody fools who instigated it has!.[8o|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Duffy''s relegated three teams already in his career I think, he makes Grant look like Mourinho.[/quote]

Damn! thats worse than McGrunt.......................if this farce were allowed to happen then we must hound him out from day one, he''s part of the same cancer and should not be allowed to fester and take hold any longer than Grunt has.

The great Jock experiment has failed big time, just like the bloody fools who instigated it has!.[8o|]

[/quote]Knew it wouldn''t take you long to change your tune. You''re so fickle it''s a sickener, which is a shame because sometimes you make decent points and I''d like to be able to think they were actually your thoughts, rather than just the trend at the time.

the question you should be asking is why has the 3rd coach not been apointed yet ?is gran so under threat the boad do not want to apoint someone new and then have to pay them off ?why is no one talking to dublin to be the 3rd coach ?who would be a better person for this job ?