Sign in to follow this  
CRAFTY CANARY

INSIDE INFORMATION

I HAVE BEEN READING THIS MESSAGE BOARD FOR SOME TIME NOW AND THOUGHT IT WAS
TIME TO JOIN.
EVERYBODY SEEMS TO SPECULATE ABOUT VARIOUS TOPICS AND SO I THOUGHT IT IS ABOUT TIME I RELEASED INFORMATION OBTAINED BY INSIDER KNOWLEDGE AT CARROW ROAD.
TRANSFERS WHICH WE ARE ALL KEEN TO FIND OUT ABOUT WILL BE:
1-PETER CROUCH WILL POSSIBLY JOIN ONCE VILLAS PRE SEASON IS OVER.(SUBJECT TO WHAT O LEARY THINKS)
2-JOHNATHAN JOHANNSON IS BEING TARGETED FROM CHARLTON.
3-MAN UNITED GAME AWAY IS GOING TO BE MOVED TO 5.15 KICK OFF SUBJECT TO POLICE APPROVAL AND SCREENED LIVE ON SKY....
REMEMBER .YOU HEARD IT HER FIRST.......

welcome, but please watch the caps!

so how do you know all this then is it more lies, again i,ve heard so much spectulation about us buying players , eg; Marlon harewood wouldn,t u think worthy woud have told the press by now

Another hot tip that i have received from a close source.
It is strongly rumoured that Greece have a team able to win this summers Euro2004 competition and my money would be on them beating portugal!
This has come from a source as reliable as crafty canary!

Thanks for the welcome AJ.
Sorry about caps.
Information comes from someone close to Delia at Mecca.
Time will tell if its correct.Best watch the press.As you know Worthy keeps these things
close to his chest(only lets us know when it happens,stops ginger winger nicking the players he wants.But not ones he dont wants).Have faith in Worthy,he hasnt let us down yet!.
It will happen......

I have heard a whispervia a family member of someone on the board that we are trying to sign a Scandinavian striker from Charlton, so maybe there is something in the Johannson rumour.

IF this johansson rumour is true..can i just ask...WHY?..we dont need him and would surely be just a waste of space and money?

Welcome Crafty. Always nice to have new people on the board. Few questions though: I''m not disputing the 5:15 kick of for United away, but surely it won''t be on tv? All the dates have been relseased already, and I couldn''t see us being on sky 3 times in a week!! Also Johannsen? Might link up well with Sven I spose....

dont forget that prem plus fixtures have yet to be released. as for johansen or however you spell it, would be a shrewd signing i am a big fan of his my best mate is a charlton fan and i have been down to the valley a few times with him, he has not scored a bunch of goals last season but his movement is first class and the season before that he was banging in the goals.

Canal+ in Norway are at least showing the Utd game.

Canal+ are actually showing more games than Sky: 4 saturday matches, 2 sunday matches and one monday match each week + postponed or reschedualed matches.

They are showing Utd-Norwich, Newcastle-Norwich, Arsenal-Norwich, Tottenham-Norwich, Norwich-Everton and Man City-Norwich this fall. They are also picking one saturday match (k.o. 3 pm.) each week wich means that if we put up a good fight, they''ll be showing us even more.

And i''m planning two trips to FCR this fall as well.

It''s good to be a Canary-man in Norway this fall :)

I had heard that the reason why the Man Utd game is not currently on the list is because they are waiting for the Manchester police to give their approval for the later kick-off. Obvisouly the later kick-off means a few more problems for the cops (afternoon drinking and the rest), and they often have an influence on kick-off times (eg putting the derby matches at 13:00 on a Sunday). Might be true, might not!

As for Johansen, I suppose it''s a possiblity given that Charlton have a decent proportion of the Scott Parker transfer fee to spend this summer, plus the money they got for their finishing position last season. Curbishley''s already signed 3 players (I think!) and he said he was looking at around 7-8 to come in (one of which might be Hasselbaink apparently as he would prefer to stay in London than to move to Scotland). So it would make sense to move a few players on, and hopefully for realistic fees. Can''t say I know too much about Johansen but with strikers you always have to consider not only their own game, but how they would fit with our other strikers. If Johansen is the type of player Worthy feels would work well with Hucks or McKenzie (and Svennson as well perhaps, no doubt they played together at some point at Charlton) then he would be a good player to sign, rather than another striker who maybe has a better goalscoring ratio, but wouldn''t complement the strikers we currently have so well. According to Charlton''s website, he is a target man with the ablity to score goals, including some spectacular over head kicks! I always feel that a club idealy wants 4 main strikers, with 2 smaller, quicker players, and two target men. So he sounds the exact sort of player we would want really, particularly as our chances of signing Crouch don''t seem great at the moment (allegedly they want £2m for him, which he simply is not worth).

On a related noted, I really believe that Leon will surprise a lot of people this season. He certainly believes in himself as the article about him on here shows!

if you look on Sky text in the live football section the Man U Norwich game already appears there!