Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Smudger, Cluck, TwoSheds.......an apology

Smudger I''ve been spectating at Carrow Road since the early 80''s.

Just cause people chose to go to home games doesn''t mean they are happy with Norwichs current predicament.

Indeed if I took your atitude and stopped going dutring lean times then I''d of stopped going during the following periods -

83/84 - to inconsistent stopped going just after halfway. 

84/85 I''d of been annoyed at the sides inconsistencey and stopped going.

85/86 After the narrow relegation I''d of missed half this season only going from the haly way point jumping on the bandwagon cause we looked good to go up.

87/88 During the early struggles I''d of said bugger it and not gone again.

88/89 I''d of missed the opening period, again starting going again when it looked like norwich would do well.

89/90 After about half way I''d of got frustrated at Norwichs inconsistency and stopped for rest of the campaign.

90/91 - Players sold at the start of the season, poor start so I wouldn''t of bothered going all season..

91/92 - Uninspiring start though I''d of started going again cause of the good cup run though I''d of missed the latter league games cause we looked like going down. 

92/93 - Reserve manager in charge, Fleck sold, relegation certainties according to the pundits - Would of missed most of the early campaign though with norwich doing surprisingly well I''d of jumped back onto the bandwagon again.

93/94 - Great days in 1st half of season, UEFA cup run good league form. Walkers exit and drop in form 2nd half meant I''d give 2nd half of season a miss.

94/95 - Sutton sold so I''m not going at all. Bad 2nd half of season leading to relegation so I don''t go at all this season.

95/96 - Relegation, 2nd tier football, Chase protests, give this one a miss.

96/97 - Walker back so go to early games. Drop in form 2nd half of season means I give it a miss.

97/98 - Preseason uninspring, proving correct in season so don''t go this year.

98/99 - New management, fresh hopes so go for 3/4s of season till form runs out.

99/00 - New management of previous season not living up to expectations so start drifting away again.

00/01 Hamilton on his own is uninspiring, leading to Worthy coming in 2nd half to steer us away from relegation. Give up going after early games.

01/02 Give early part a miss but start again when Norwich get going on a play off run.

02/03 - renewed enthusiasm means I go for 3/4''s of season until promotion hopes wither.

03/04 - Don''t start going until hucks and Crouch signed then stay for promotion campaign in which we''re undoubtedly the best team in ther league but have a lot of good luck on the way such as few injuries and everything else dropping for us.

04/05 Go most of season casue of premiership footy but miss a few in middle of campaign as Norwich look relegation certs.

05/06 - Promotion favs, go early part then lose interest after half way.

06/07 -  Don''t bother cause of a lack of signings. Go for a little while when Grant is appointed but big injuries mean we struggle so I don''t bother.

Christ you must of missed hundreds of games over the years Smudger, beings the club has regularly not lived up to your expectations!

Obviously on the field to many performances like the Wolves game and Sheffield Wednesday over the next month and I feel Grant will have to go, no other option. 

I believe the players we have at the club are capable of beating anything in this League on their day but am totally unconvinced that Grant is the man to lead them.

Believe me Iam more loyal than most when it comes following NCFC but this season is testing my patience to the full.

I believe the board do want the best for club but we have no god given right to win games and sometimes all the best made plans don''t work!

I agree Smudger that maybe the board have to look at things and ask if they need to move aside to allow the club to progress, but then again no ones got a crystal ball and can see whats going to happen in the future. Though is there anyone out there who could do a better job?

Quite simply I think our club is the best shape its ever been in, in every department apart from the one big important one the team!  

But whatever I''ll always go to home games cause Iam a fan who follows my club through thich and thin and I''m wise enough to know that in football the dividing line between success and failure is minute and things soon change. And when success does come to your club going during the lean periods makes the success even sweeter! 

Cluck

My my Sadold...even dedicating an avatar to me now. Changing your avatar so regularly

Why is it that I bother you sooooooo much...yet you don''t bother me at all?  Maybe it''s because your posts are all about you and not the position of the club? Maybe it''s because you can''t throw your weight around like you used to before I arrived?...... 

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself and start thinking about the club rather than pursuing your own personal agenda. After all....isn''t that the purpose of this forum?

My, my, it''s Cluck the hypocrite in all his splendor; all of a sudden he''s a club man lol.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In the last couple of days Norwich City Fans have been called a disgrace, happy clappy fools, retards, brainless morons, mindless morons, shameful people who haven''t got a clue about football or life, shamefull people who would eat sh*t if it was sugared. If thats a campaign then yes there is one.

All the fans can really do is support the club that is there in their time so they don''t deserve abuse for doing so.

[/quote]

Top post Nigel which says it all. No-one minds anyone having an opinion whats different to theirs but do we have to put up with being called all the names under the sun!

Cmon mods get your act together and sort it out!!!

[/quote]

Good on you CA but maybe after your insults about my spelling you might like to practice what you preach!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

In the last couple of days Norwich City Fans have been called a disgrace, happy clappy fools, retards, brainless morons, mindless morons, shameful people who haven''t got a clue about football or life, shamefull people who would eat sh*t if it was sugared. If thats a campaign then yes there is one.

All the fans can really do is support the club that is there in their time so they don''t deserve abuse for doing so.

[/quote]

Top post Nigel which says it all. No-one minds anyone having an opinion whats different to theirs but do we have to put up with being called all the names under the sun!

[/quote]

Good on you CA but maybe after your insults about my spelling you might like to practice what you preach!

[/quote]

I dont think that someone correcting a word you had spelt wrongly equates with being called morans, sheep, idiots, stupid, pathetic and so much more. Do you Arthur???

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]My appreciation to the moderators for erasing my comment to Cluck which, on reflection was a little beneath me.[/quote]

My my Sadold...even dedicating an avatar to me now. Changing your avatar so regularly

Why is it that I bother you sooooooo much...yet you don''t bother me at all?  Maybe it''s because your posts are all about you and not the position of the club? Maybe it''s because you can''t throw your weight around like you used to before I arrived?...... 

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself and start thinking about the club rather than pursuing your own personal agenda. After all....isn''t that the purpose of this forum?

[/quote]

C,c,c,c,c,cc,c,c,c,cc,c,c,c, comical... isn''t it Cluck???  [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont think that someone correcting a word you had spelt wrongly equates with being called morans, sheep, idiots, stupid, pathetic and so much more. Do you Arthur???

[/quote]

If the cap fits wear it CA....

It''s hardly fair to complain about a generalised comment as surely it only becomes hurtful if it equates to a suitable recipient?......Could it simply be because you recognise yourself as such and this is what concerns you?

[quote user="scott"]

Just cause people chose to go to home games doesn''t mean they are happy with Norwichs current predicament.

Indeed if I took your atitude and stopped going dutring lean times then I''d of stopped going during the following periods -

85/86 After the narrow relegation I''d of missed half this season only going from the haly way point jumping on the bandwagon cause we looked good to go up.

88/89 I''d of missed the opening period, again starting going again when it looked like norwich would do well.

89/90 After about half way I''d of got frustrated at Norwichs inconsistency and stopped for rest of the campaign.

90/91 - Players sold at the start of the season, poor start so I wouldn''t of bothered going all season..

91/92 - Uninspiring start though I''d of started going again cause of the good cup run though I''d of missed the latter league games cause we looked like going down. 

92/93 - Reserve manager in charge, Fleck sold, relegation certainties according to the pundits - Would of missed most of the early campaign though with norwich doing surprisingly well I''d of jumped back onto the bandwagon again.

93/94 - Great days in 1st half of season, UEFA cup run good league form. Walkers exit and drop in form 2nd half meant I''d give 2nd half of season a miss.

94/95 - Sutton sold so I''m not going at all. Bad 2nd half of season leading to relegation so I don''t go at all this season.

96/97 - Walker back so go to early games. Drop in form 2nd half of season means I give it a miss.

98/99 - New management, fresh hopes so go for 3/4s of season till form runs out.

99/00 - New management of previous season not living up to expectations so start drifting away again.

00/01 Hamilton on his own is uninspiring, leading to Worthy coming in 2nd half to steer us away from relegation. Give up going after early games.

01/02 Give early part a miss but start again when Norwich get going on a play off run.

02/03 - renewed enthusiasm means I go for 3/4''s of season until promotion hopes wither.

03/04 - Don''t start going until hucks and Crouch signed then stay for promotion campaign in which we''re undoubtedly the best team in ther league but have a lot of good luck on the way such as few injuries and everything else dropping for us.

04/05 Go most of season casue of premiership footy but miss a few in middle of campaign as Norwich look relegation certs.

06/07 -  Don''t bother cause of a lack of signings. Go for a little while when Grant is appointed but big injuries mean we struggle so I don''t bother.

Christ you must of missed hundreds of games over the years Smudger, beings the club has regularly not lived up to your expectations!

Obviously on the field to many performances like the Wolves game and Sheffield Wednesday over the next month and I feel Grant will have to go, no other option. 

I believe the players we have at the club are capable of beating anything in this League on their day but am totally unconvinced that Grant is the man to lead them.

Believe me Iam more loyal than most when it comes following NCFC but this season is testing my patience to the full.

I believe the board do want the best for club but we have no god given right to win games and sometimes all the best made plans don''t work!

I agree Smudger that maybe the board have to look at things and ask if they need to move aside to allow the club to progress, but then again no ones got a crystal ball and can see whats going to happen in the future. Though is there anyone out there who could do a better job?

Quite simply I think our club is the best shape its ever been in, in every department apart from the one big important one the team!  

But whatever I''ll always go to home games cause Iam a fan who follows my club through thich and thin and I''m wise enough to know that in football the dividing line between success and failure is minute and things soon change. And when success does come to your club going during the lean periods makes the success even sweeter! 

[/quote]

Spot on Scott, couldn''t agree more [Y]

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is the game on Monday Cluckless, you and your mates pale into insignificance compared to my team.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on CA lets not play silly buggers, like i said please try and practice what you preach, you know aswell as me what you were trying to do. I dont really give a hoot but you must try to stick to what you say and you would get a little more respect from some corners.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Cluck

My, my, it''s Cluck the hypocrite in all his splendor; all of a sudden he''s a club man lol.[/quote]

Oh dear Sadold....I''m afraid you have now become "not worth the electricity" after this further embarrasing blurb.....

Go onto one of your other message boards for a little while and try to regain some composure....then come back for another hiding if it pleases you....

It''s all faaaaaarrrrrrr too easy for me I''m sorry to say....Oh...and there''s a "u" in splendour by the way....

I like your ''rising above it'' tone, Cluck. I don''t buy it, I can see it shields a shallow personality, however, I welcome you to now have the last word and note that my admonishments of you, plus my ressurection of one of your old posts have served to remind you that this is a forum and not a one line dismissive bully board and you appear to be engaging better with your peers.

[quote user="scott"]

[/quote]

So then Scott, you have been following the canaries about the same amount of time as I have?

I started going in 1982.  My first game away at Filbert Street on one of the first games of the magnificent Martin O''Neill inspired run of unbeaten games that took us to clinching promotion in 3rd place.

What you conveniently fail to mention in your breakdown of your time supporting the club, is that this team WITHOUT DOUBT is the worst to ever pull on yellow shirts during that time and that the atmosphere at Carrow Road is far worse than any time I remember under both Mr Chase''s and Sir Arthur South''s stewardship of the club.