Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Smudger, Cluck, TwoSheds.......an apology

I just want to say that I was wrong regarding Grant and the board.  We really are in dire, dire straits and it took last night for that to really hit home.  A board and manager that seem pleased with a home draw against a team like Scunny says it all really.  On other posts I shot you guys down for your opinions which i now regret.  I dont necessarily agree with the way that some of these opinions are put across, but I now agree with the thoughts behind them.

Change at EVERY level of this club is needed and needed quickly to salvage our Championship status.  I dont blame Delia or MWJ, because i dont think they are deliberately ruining the club, however they have taken Norwich as far as they can and its now time to step aside. Same with Grant - sadly hes failed to deliver and is woefully out of his depth on this one.

This isnt a pro Smudger or Cluck post its just a realisation that I was wrong and that I should now start to see what''s being going on in front of my very own eyes for way too long.

So apologies guys and lets try and get this club sorted out.

OTBC

No need to apologise... we just want more people like you to open their eyes Geeza...  [Y]

Start to put BIG, BIG pressure on this boardroom to step aside and let new investors in.... BIG changes need to be made from top to bottom as they have left it far too late now for anything to be salvaged from the way the club is currently being run.

We regret that it has taken such drastic measures to help some people open their eyes to what has been happening to our club right in front of them.

Hopefully now the next few months will see changes at the club throughout (and hopefully not too late for us to go on a fantastic run in 2008 that will ensure that we stay in this divison).

These changes must start to take place NOW however otherwise it will be too late to save us from Division 1 football next season.

I am hoping that this will be the case!!!

But I will continue to mock other fans who either sit by and do nothing or who are in support of this board of directors, while their club is being destroyed in front of them by Mrs Smith and her bunch of ametuers.

No need for apologies Geeza. It would be a very boring world if we were all the same!

Maybe the way we put things across on the forum sometimes are a bit harsh but that is only because of our passion for the club.

I think were all aware of the dire situation at the club right now but it''s how we as fans go about it in different ways to each other, some like to show some faith and a positive attitude, cheering on the club they love at every chance they get to try make a difference to the same old crap we have come used to in recent times where as others like to moan, complain, refuse to turn up to games, look to point the finger at every oppertunity they get even though sometimes it''s utter nonsense and on top of that support the opposition. Were all entitled to go about supporting our club the way we want to because were all different but for one second to believe that the latter of what I have just mentioned is correct and the other wrong is utter garbage IMO.

[quote user="Smudger"]

No need to apologise... we just want more people like you to open their eyes Geeza...  [Y]

Start to put BIG, BIG pressure on this boardroom to step aside and let new investors in.... BIG changes need to be made from top to bottom as they have left it far too late now for anything to be salvaged from the way the club is currently being run.

We regret that it has taken such drastic measures to help some people open their eyes to what has been happening to our club right in front of them.

Hopefully now the next few months will see changes at the club throughout (and hopefully not too late for us to go on a fantastic run in 2008 that will ensure that we stay in this divison).

These changes must start to take place NOW however otherwise it will be too late to save us from Division 1 football next season.

I am hoping that this will be the case!!!

But I will continue to mock other fans who either sit by and do nothing or who are in support of this board of directors, while their club is being destroyed in front of them by Mrs Smith and her bunch of ametuers.

[/quote]

You cann''t keep mocking fans who don''t nessessarily share your view EXACTLY. We all want some changes to occur in various departments of the club but as Londoncanary said we all go about it in our own individual way.

Imagine this - new investors have turned up, a new manager is in place, things are great. Currently we''re looking for a striker to fill the gap and you and a few others think that Mr X is the best striker we can buy and will do a great job for us, however, some other fans don''t think this is the case and say Mr Y is the best option instead. Are you then going to mock them until they agree to your view point?

You have your views but so do others. It goes without saying on a messageboard.

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]

I just want to say that I was wrong regarding Grant and the board.  We really are in dire, dire straits and it took last night for that to really hit home.  A board and manager that seem pleased with a home draw against a team like Scunny says it all really.  On other posts I shot you guys down for your opinions which i now regret.  I dont necessarily agree with the way that some of these opinions are put across, but I now agree with the thoughts behind them.

Change at EVERY level of this club is needed and needed quickly to salvage our Championship status.  I dont blame Delia or MWJ, because i dont think they are deliberately ruining the club, however they have taken Norwich as far as they can and its now time to step aside. Same with Grant - sadly hes failed to deliver and is woefully out of his depth on this one.

This isnt a pro Smudger or Cluck post its just a realisation that I was wrong and that I should now start to see what''s being going on in front of my very own eyes for way too long.

So apologies guys and lets try and get this club sorted out.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m afraid that this won''t put you into the "good" books of certain others Geeza!...and as has been said already it''s never been about right or wrong...nor who wins an argument or not......It''s purely about getting this club back on track to where it should be. That certainly doesn''t necessarily mean a return to the Premiership overnight....but it does mean a side playing good passing football and giving good value to the supporters.

One should naturally follow the other in due course....but just having a club once more representing it''s fine City...the fine County surrounding it....and the painfully loyal supporters who have followed it for so many years....this done there would be much more forgiveness shown in times of trouble.

Good on you anyway Geeza....and welcome to the realists!

Actually I do want to make another point. Why exactly are you apologising for having an opinion? So what if it differed to that of Smudger, Cluck etc you shouldn''t have to apologise for that.

If the opinion was just to spite Smudger, Cluck etc then yeah an apology is due because you''d be doing it just to p*** them off.

If this wasn''t the case then theres no need to apologise. Just go with your current state of mind and do what you feel is right for the club.

[quote user="London_Canary"]I think were all aware of the dire situation at the club right now but it''s how we as fans go about it in different ways to each other, some like to show some faith and a positive attitude, cheering on the club they love at every chance they get to try make a difference to the same old crap we have come used to in recent times where as others like to moan, complain, refuse to turn up to games, look to point the finger at every oppertunity they get even though sometimes it''s utter nonsense and on top of that support the opposition. Were all entitled to go about supporting our club the way we want to because were all different but for one second to believe that the latter of what I have just mentioned is correct and the other wrong is utter garbage IMO.[/quote]

.......And some supporters campaign to effect change from a negative, failing regime to a positive, ambitious one- whilst the flock continue to be happy to prop up a regime more interested in land speculation, offices, hotels etc. whilst a failing team is treated as a side-issue.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="London_Canary"]I think were all aware of the dire situation at the club right now but it''s how we as fans go about it in different ways to each other, some like to show some faith and a positive attitude, cheering on the club they love at every chance they get to try make a difference to the same old crap we have come used to in recent times where as others like to moan, complain, refuse to turn up to games, look to point the finger at every oppertunity they get even though sometimes it''s utter nonsense and on top of that support the opposition. Were all entitled to go about supporting our club the way we want to because were all different but for one second to believe that the latter of what I have just mentioned is correct and the other wrong is utter garbage IMO.[/quote]

.......And some supporters campaign to effect change from a negative, failing regime to a positive, ambitious one- whilst the flock continue to be happy to prop up a regime more interested in land speculation, offices, hotels etc. whilst a failing team is treated as a side-issue.

[/quote]

Hi Mr Carrow [8-|][*] I haven''t seen any campaign for change neither have I seen any flock? propping anything up[*-)] What I did see yesterday was a thread about boycotting the game perpetuated by people who weren''t ever going to go anyway.

In the last couple of days Norwich City Fans have been called a disgrace, happy clappy fools, retards, brainless morons, mindless morons, shameful people who haven''t got a clue about football or life, shamefull people who would eat sh*t if it was sugared. If thats a campaign then yes there is one.

The points about off the field issues are valid, we have discussed these this at length and I agree mistakes were made especially in the summer of 2004. It maybe in the long term the club benefit  from these off-field investments and like after Chase it maybe a new regime that reaps these benefits.

But even if the club gets new investment or new owners there is no guarantee of success. This was the point I was trying to make on the thread the other day. Mandaric was a Redknapp away from being a total flop at Portsmouth and he is already on his 4th manager at Leicester. http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/1038521/ShowPost.aspx#1038521 That''s why people like me don''t wait for change to carry on doing something we enjoy. Change at the top may happen but we would still have no more right to be succesful than any other club. It''s a sure bet that when things are bad on the pitch the grass is always greener on the other side. All the fans can really do is support the club that is there in their time so they don''t deserve abuse for doing so.

Smudger. An apology.

We are sorry performances are so dire that you are now so busy having to post your comments on this website.... Still, as and when things improve we''ll miss ya. [;)]

Completely agree with this side of the fanbase at the moment, change at the managerial level won''t be enough, this whole club needs an overhaul, now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

In the last couple of days Norwich City Fans have been called a disgrace, happy clappy fools, retards, brainless morons, mindless morons, shameful people who haven''t got a clue about football or life, shamefull people who would eat sh*t if it was sugared. If thats a campaign then yes there is one.

All the fans can really do is support the club that is there in their time so they don''t deserve abuse for doing so.

[/quote]

Top post Nigel which says it all. No-one minds anyone having an opinion whats different to theirs but do we have to put up with being called all the names under the sun!

Cmon mods get your act together and sort it out!!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

All the fans can really do is support the club that is there in their time so they don''t deserve abuse for doing so.

[/quote]

Top post Nigel which says it all. No-one minds anyone having an opinion whats different to theirs but do we have to put up with being called all the names under the sun!

Cmon mods get your act together and sort it out!!!

[/quote]

Did you notice what Nutty called you earlier CA???

He''s a very naughty boy!!!!  [:D]

[quote user="C.T "]I already agree with Smudger [Y] Blame the board and Grunt PISS OFF BACK TO SCOTLAND [/quote]Well done, want a biscuit?Also, well done for writing that signature, did you ask for help with the spelling?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]  

[/quote]

You''re missing the point nutty.  Most of those comments were on the "Happy Clappy" thread and were directed at contributors to Canary Call, not fans in general.  It has been suggested that at least some of those calls were screened so that no one with even faintly controversial views would get on air, unless it is to scapegoat Hucks of course.  If it were true, it wouldn''t be the first phone-in in history where that had ever happened (have you heard the phone-ins on Radio Five during the party conference season?). 

The "happy clappy fools" on Radio Norfolk last night were not representative of a cross section of City fans, that''s the point. 

This pap reads like some American Evangalistic seen the light praise the lard happy clappy repent and self flagillating servile obsequious bollocks!

Oooh! Smudger,Cluck, Two Sheds you''re so right this could almost be an advert for Camay soap (giving my age away there) or, with your ferrero roche like bile you''re spoiling us.

Smug. C*** lug and Two Sh*ts are the canker of the message board, and if this is not a post written by one of them under a different name then what an idiot the author is.

Moderate that! But why should you I''m only talking their language.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

This pap reads like some American Evangalistic seen the light praise the lard happy clappy repent and self flagillating servile obsequious bollocks!

Oooh! Smudger,Cluck, Two Sheds you''re so right this could almost be an advert for Camay soap (giving my age away there) or, with your ferrero roche like bile you''re spoiling us.

Smug. C*** lug and Two Sh*ts are the canker of the message board, and if this is not a post written by one of them under a different name then what an idiot the author is.

[/quote]

hahahaha Rudolph what are you on???

Do you play the banjo too???  [:D]

[/quote]

Bit harsh on two-sheds there. He does at least put his points across in a more civil way, unlike the "if you don''t agree with me then I''ll get heavy with you" style of Smudger.

[/quote]

Lol rudolph. Are you sure you didnt start the post?

And if you care to look at any of my posts i do not get into slanging matches or insult people in any way shape or form. But if you wanna get personal.....Bring it on!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Bit harsh on two-sheds there. He does at least put his points across in a more civil way, unlike the "if you don''t agree with me then I''ll get heavy with you" style of Smudger.

[/quote]

Very much agreed!!

[/quote]

Unfortunately you just can''t hide your obsession with being at the centre of attention can you Sadold?.......but sadly for you not everyone is interested in what you have to say....or what you think... You really must try to get used to that fact...

Get left out of the games in the playground did you? Seems it''s happening all over again for you doesn''t it? Shame.......

TwoSheds wrote

Lol rudolph. Are you sure you didnt start the post?

And if you care to look at any of my posts i do not get into slanging matches or insult people in any way shape or form. But if you wanna get personal.....Bring it on!

I apologise, I was annoyed that a poster of your standing should appear to be seduced by a pair of trolls.

Cluck

Unfortunately you just can''t hide your obsession with being at the centre of attention can you Sadold?.......but sadly for you not everyone is interested in what you have to say....or what you think... You really must try to get used to that fact...

Get left out of the games in the playground did you? Seems it''s happening all over again for you doesn''t it? Shame.......

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Cluck

[/quote]

So embarrassing I just had to revive it.......      [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]  no don''t  [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]  look pack it in now  [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D].......Oh deary deary me!  It even made me laugh and I''ve heard it before!........

Posted in a strop was it Sadold before remembering to reply?.....  Luv it......

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]My appreciation to the moderators for erasing my comment to Cluck which, on reflection was a little beneath me.[/quote]

My my Sadold...even dedicating an avatar to me now. Changing your avatar so regularly

Why is it that I bother you sooooooo much...yet you don''t bother me at all?  Maybe it''s because your posts are all about you and not the position of the club? Maybe it''s because you can''t throw your weight around like you used to before I arrived?...... 

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself and start thinking about the club rather than pursuing your own personal agenda. After all....isn''t that the purpose of this forum?