Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free bet this week .

Now you lovely old pickers , you are as sweet as the swetest bon-bons in my dish . What a set of results it was last week .I think it was a "blip" Other wise we can throw the form book out of the window .Now Shack A, you don''t believe in doing things by half do you with your selection . Also City Angel your selection was cancelled out but it was correct even the score ,well done Diane . Now it is over to you Nutty Nigel this week .Remember its 6 results this week the cut off point is again midnight fri . Sorry to keep you Pickers up .Now talented one did you get my E-Mail  ? Did you think it was him ? I some how think you did , but what are you going to do with it ? As you have read my E-Mail you know there is no doubt about it . I have his name and even his phone  number . I have told you all i have been given his  name ,but why me ? I have asked my self this a million times ,perhaps its because i use my real name . I know a lot of you will say its Ruth my wifes connection being related to the Turners .But i will swear on my grandchildrens  lives it has nothing to do with the Turners . Talking about being a grandad its nice is it not Nutty ? Where has the time gone Nutty ? But there is nothing wrong with being a grandad ,but it is a bit of a downer getting into  bed with a granny [:)] [;)] arrdee.  

Arrdee - I didn''t get an email from you, so I don''t know what you know, so it''s still your secret [:-*] For sure it''s nice being a grandad but we are young grandads aren''t we??? Remember being a kid how old we thought our grandparents were?? I reckon that''s how the kids see us, how scarey is that arrdee[:O] My grandson is coming to QPR on monday, that will be the second time he''s been there and he''s not four yet! I haven''t ever sent an email on here so I''ll just click the button and see what happens[co][li]

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/3/1033287/ShowPost.aspx#1033287

Check this out Arrdee - can you help naming those Bournemouth players?

I''ll check this thread just after midnight and do the deed in the early hours of Saturday morning when Billy Dixon is sleeping and off guard [S]

Sunday, 07 October 2007Man City v Middlesbrough, 15:00Home WinMan City 100% record at home.  Middlesborough 1 away win, 3 away defeats, goalless in their last 2 away games.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now Shack A, you don''t believe in doing things by half do you with your selection . 

[/quote]

That''s right Arrdee, as my dear old Grandad once said, "Shack my boy if you''re going to pick a home win make sure it''s a team who''ll score seven." At least that''s what I think he said.

I''ll have a look for a suitably high scoring game on Friday for Nutty, just make sure you tune in to MOTD on Saturday night to watch the highlights!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote] Did you think it was him ?[/quote]

The bloke you''re on about here, it''s Cumfy, isn''t it... [:)]

[/quote]

" Blah 3" you are such a lovely old boy and so sweet , indeed as sweet as Norfolks  finest honey . You did put a smile on my face with your ref to Cumfy, but you have started my brain ticking over and the pieces have started to fall into place ,i will tell you more as i analyse it more closely . However so glad to see that you are watching the kick off times , but..........i..........think..........the..........damage..........has ..........been..........done..........arrdee[:D] [;)] .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arrdee - I didn''t get an email from you, so I don''t know what you know, so it''s still your secret [:-*] For sure it''s nice being a grandad but we are young grandads aren''t we??? Remember being a kid how old we thought our grandparents were?? I reckon that''s how the kids see us, how scarey is that arrdee[:O] My grandson is coming to QPR on monday, that will be the second time he''s been there and he''s not four yet! I haven''t ever sent an email on here so I''ll just click the button and see what happens[co][li]

I''ll check this thread just after midnight and do the deed in the early hours of Saturday morning when Billy Dixon is sleeping and off guard [S]

[/quote]

Now N N ,I will have another go at sending you one of my very best E-Mails .I am sure i can do it .If you are unsure  how to send what chance have i got .Now you have put the pressure on as i have recieved your E-Mail .I must admit i think i fluked it . I use to be able to retrieve my E-Mails until things went wrong .I am a big enough man to admit it might be my fault, as this thing came up on my screen telling me of some new message service , as it was covering Broardslims avatar i was firing white arrows like some demented "redskin" I probably installed it .The next day  i sat waiting  for "click here to begin"down in the left hand corner ,i must have sat there 20 mins or more until i twigged it up in the top of the left hand corner .I also see that those two little men that go round and round which i use to rely on have retreated to the top of the page  i suppose trying to get as far away from me as they can .However i am going to put the blame on Broadslim or was it Marty ? [:)] arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Now N N ,I will have another go at sending you one of my very best E-Mails .I am sure i can do it .If you are unsure  how to send what chance have i got .Now you have put the pressure on as i have recieved your E-Mail .I must admit i think i fluked it . I use to be able to retrieve my E-Mails until things went wrong .I am a big enough man to admit it might be my fault, as this thing came up on my screen telling me of some new message service , as it was covering Broardslims avatar i was firing white arrows like some demented "redskin" I probably installed it .The next day  i sat waiting  for "click here to begin"down in the left hand corner ,i must have sat there 20 mins or more until i twigged it up in the top of the left hand corner .I also see that those two little men that go round and round which i use to rely on have retreated to the top of the page  i suppose trying to get as far away from me as they can .However i am going to put the blame on Broadslim or was it Marty ? [:)] arrdee. 

[/quote]

hahahhahahaha . . . straight out of the top drawer arrdee [;)]

after being 2 for 2 the last 2weeks i have slipped down for 2 for 4

so this week im looking to get a winner

its not my choice but you have to throw manchester utd in there for sure

my choice is leeds to beat yeovil @ 8/13

this is a banker

my leeds mate birthday n he going up

i can see him bragging already as they always wins when he goes

8/13 tidy price for accumalator as well

Now then arrdee, after careful consideration this week i''ve got two for you -

Milton Keynes Dons to beat a very poor Bradford side at home

And for excitement if all saturdays results come in -

Portsmouth to win away at Fulham

Cheers old boy, leedscanary

Now you lovely old sweet pickers .

I am going Scottish this weekend .I came within an ace of picking Alloa away at Berwick , but away wins are hard to predict and I don''t want to "queer the pitch" for the talented one .

East Fife looks "home and hosed" but still not my "nap" .The team I am going for is a bit strange , the last home match they had they had an unbelieveable attendance of 192 people ,the whole ground must have been rocking , i believe Cromer get double that .

Yep the team i am going to "nap" is Dumbarton not because they are very good but the fact that Forfar are next to useless they have lost all their away matches and scored only one goal . Not many cards dished out for them for over celebrating then .

So to recap my "nap" is Dumbarton . So come on City fans lets give it a real go for Nutty Nigel so that whatever team he picks it is a winner [Y] arrdee.

have the big 4 to win

manutd

liverpool

arsenal

chelsea

teamed up with leeds or mk dons (good suggestion)

maybe through in celtic

i know if you put any of these 7 in any 5accumaltor the profit wont be great but i think its time we got a win

n big 4 got easy teams or winnable game

leeds / mk look good

n celtic if you want a SURE fire winner although rubbish odds

Ipswich to beat Preston is my nap.

My head says Ipswich are very strong at home this season whilst Preston have done little to be Proud of away from home and this must be a great home win possibility.

However my heart says that every "good" home win that I pick seems to fail miserably, so therefore if the selection does go tits up then there would  at least be the obvious consolation and satisfaction of our neighbours discomfort. Ha ha. !

Good luck to whoever does the picking.

How about WBA to win at Southampton (Baggies scoring a lot of goals albeit at home recently and generally looking a strong team, Southampton home form pretty dismal)?

arrdee I don''t understand a word of what you write.  Ignorance on my part probably, but I have the distinct feeling that I am missing out on something rather interesting.  Perhaps not as interesting as watching a beetle trying to right itself after falling on its back but nonetheless still very interesting.

arrdee, I would love to hear your recollections on Tudor from the Shire of Flint, a great man, often lived in the shadow of his overrated brother, I often think the shadow should have been cast the other way.

regards

I fancy Man City to beat Middlesbrough at home ,City look quite good at moment and are keeping pace with leaders quite well.

Good luck everyone especially Nutty who''s got the difficult job!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

arrdee I don''t understand a word of what you write.  Ignorance on my part probably, but I have the distinct feeling that I am missing out on something rather interesting.  Perhaps not as interesting as watching a beetle trying to right itself after falling on its back but nonetheless still very interesting.

arrdee, I would love to hear your recollections on Tudor from the Shire of Flint, a great man, often lived in the shadow of his overrated brother, I often think the shadow should have been cast the other way.

regards

[/quote]

Now "broad" you lovely old boy , you have obviously never  had  a word with  a beetle when it falls on its back , i talk to insects all the time , now i will give you a tip  if you tell a beetle to lift one wing while blowing on it,  i mean gentle not a great whoosh it will respond , its amazing really .

No Tudor was always weak to my mind he aways tried to get people on his side but most could see through him ,he obviously pulled the wool  over your eyes but not mine .When Tudor told every one he was the true king of Flint he had already lost it to my mind , he should have know better than that .

His attitude after that was ridiculous he should have changed his ways at once , to tell the truth he embarrassed  me as i am sure he did you , we all probabley knew it was going turn out how it did but obviously not you "broad" after that debacle he had no hope of standing in his brothers shadow never mind cast it the other way .

Now if you could tell that young lady on your avatar to come round in order to put my views across she would be more than welcome, i won''t keep her long i will come straight to the point , and i think i could show her where Tudor went wrong [;)] arrdee 

I really have put a lot of thought into this and I''ve been checking this thread constantly for the last few days. I decided to pick 6 home wins so apologies to those of you who were brave enough to pick aways, draws and even horses! I was tempted with Leeds but I just got worried out of it at the last minute because Yeovil aren''t a bad side, they got to the play-off finals last year. Arsenal at1/5 is just too short although I could live to regret leaving this one out. I left out Ipswich too, Preston always seem to beat them and the Ipswich fans I talk to seem to be as unhappy as us, maybe I''m just looking for reasons not to put them in though, maybe it''s my heart ruling my head and if so apologies to Gentleman Gorleston Jim.

Anyway, the six I have selected :-

Charlton to beat Barnsley (The Canary)

Dagenham & Redbridge to beat Darlington (Mystic Megson)

Dumbarton to beat Forfar (Arrdee)

MK Dons to beat Bradford (Leeds Canary)

Liverpool to beat Tottenham (7Rew & w8wba)

Manchester City to beat Middlesboro (Blah & Norfolkchance1)

We have to wait ''til Sunday for the last two so let''s hope we are still in with a chance.

Yep the bet is on you lovely old pickers , thanks for that nutty , well done , lets hope for all the best when 3 oclock draw round .

Charlton--------------------8-13---------T he Canary

Dagenham------------------19-10--------Mystic Megson

Dumbarton----------------- 8-15---------arrdee

M K Dons------------------8-13---------Leeds Canary

Liverpool-------------------4-7---------- 7rew ,w8wba

Man City--------------------8-11---------blah3 ,Norfolk Chance .

Dixmar Racing will pay the Academy £314 , 95p I fully expect you to win talented one because you beat me at every thing , the list is to long to name them all ,[:)] you do make me feel inadequate ,[:D] I just know you are going be the first winner , i just know it .Good luck all and thanks all you pickers [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="we8wba"]

have the big 4 to win

manutd

liverpool

arsenal

chelsea

teamed up with leeds or mk dons (good suggestion)

maybe through in celtic

i know if you put any of these 7 in any 5accumaltor the profit wont be great but i think its time we got a win

n big 4 got easy teams or winnable game

leeds / mk look good

n celtic if you want a SURE fire winner although rubbish odds

[/quote]

I Hope im wrong but so far im 3/3 for my slections above, n the games left look the easy ones, next week go for 3 obv choices n 3 medicore ones either at home or away vs low teams

at the moment we not even getting close

pic the easy selections n get the winner in

i also hope im wrong with mine though otherwise il be big headed next week, n not good for all parties lol

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

regards

[/quote]

Now "broad" you lovely old boy , you have obviously never  had  a word with  a beetle when it falls on its back , i talk to insects all the time , now i will give you a tip  if you tell a beetle to lift one wing while blowing on it,  i mean gentle not a great whoosh it will respond , its amazing really .

No Tudor was always weak to my mind he aways tried to get people on his side but most could see through him ,he obviously pulled the wool  over your eyes but not mine .When Tudor told every one he was the true king of Flint he had already lost it to my mind , he should have know better than that .

His attitude after that was ridiculous he should have changed his ways at once , to tell the truth he embarrassed  me as i am sure he did you , we all probabley knew it was going turn out how it did but obviously not you "broad" after that debacle he had no hope of standing in his brothers shadow never mind cast it the other way .

Now if you could tell that young lady on your avatar to come round in order to put my views across she would be more than welcome, i won''t keep her long i will come straight to the point , and i think i could show her where Tudor went wrong [;)] arrdee 

[/quote]

arrdee, I have never tried talking to insects.  I often talk to myself , sometimes I disagree with myself and end up having an argument (in my head) with myself.  I do talk to dogs mind you.  I don''t have one myself, but they are great listeners.  I often have a wonderful time talking to the Jack Russell tied up outside the newsagent, when the owner comes back, I pretend I have dropped my money or something.

My recollections of Tudor are actually ''second hand'' if there can be such a thing, passed down from my father.  I have also read about him and although there is no substitue for first hand memories, his goal scoring prowess in an ncfc shirt was, well, great at times, his departure from the club did cause annoyance however.

Unlikely, but ironic, if you actually knew my father back then.  He is 64 now, started going to Carrow Road in 1959.  At the age of 15 he was living on a farm (away from family and friends etc) while he was at college, he had to work on the farm to pay his board.  I think I have had it too easy at times,  I just don''t believe I would have been able to do that at 15 myself. 

I keep meaning to ask my father for some of his memories of NCFC back then.

regards 

Now "broad"i may have known your dad , but its hard to say as i don''t have his name and he is quite a bit older than me .

But i would like to meet him as he is a Norwich fan still ( i hope) they are important to me ,as are you "broad"as i know you are a strong City fan .

Now i hope you didn''t take exception at me drooling over that lovely avatar of yours ,ooooh you have haven''t you ? now  i see you have removed her, is this in order to upset poor arrdee ?

Now on to insects my favorites are spiders they are quite intelligent you know, far better than your beetles but i will tell you what i will do i will persevere with them and try and make sense of them if you join the Pink un Pickers .

I am sure you know quite a lot about football you will be more than welcome .I know you would love to help your Club, the club that we all love, now is it deal "broad" ? [;)]arrdee