Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Dion Dublin Player Coach Anyone?

Even if this idea doesn''t immediately grab you, we still need someone to be Grants right hand man, let him gain his qualifications and go from there!?!?  I thought he was tremendous tonight (Norwich v Scunthorpe) and a excellent example to players young and old.

Dion can only coach if he commits to being with the team day in day out,  but we really need more experience from our coach than that.

Last night Dion did what Spillane did on Sat - looked stylishly superb but was no more effective than any other striker we have used this season,  and missed a simple header froma  hux cross in the first half that brown would have been slaughtered for.    He was not bad,  but nor was he tremendous.

Just because he can play does not necessarily mean he can coach. Also I suspect the coaches are putting forward the managers ideas, not necessarily their own.

NO NO NO NO NO.

We need a manager with proven ability. Dion with all his attributes doesn''t have the know how to get us out of this mess.

The problems has arisen because we went for an unproven manager.

We need a manager with know how and with connections. A manager who players want to play for.

Jesus!!!!!!!!

I personally feel that you are being far to negative, the guy has worldly experience (well okay not worldly) but years of plying his trade at a good level.  We still need a right hand man for Grant, and i feel that Dion is respected by young and old players alike.  If a player like Roy Keane can make such a big impact at Sunderland, then with Dion''s enthusiasm so could he at Norwich!!!

He isnt a coach and has made it clear that he''s returning to the Midlands in May.

Dion is heading back to the Midlands in May and also wants to concentrate on playing the sax which is fair enough. I think he wants to be remembered foundly here, he doesn''t need that sort of pressure.

We DO NOT need another apprentice manager - we need an experienced manager and the coaching staff to go with him....